It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Lost

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I see myself as a caring and emotional person but in life I have found myself constantly seeking for some truth or some closure to what life actually is. I find myself being a very spiritual person and always thinking about why we are here and what we can do to be good for people. Yet I find myself feeling polluted by oeganised religion and feel I cannot trust what man presents to me due to their lust for power. Yet God (if there is one) will not reveal themselves to me despite me being thirsty for a reason and a model to base my life on and devote my love of which is bursting to get out.

Yet this does not happen and the only thing each person from religion can tell me is that I must have faith and all will become clear, from Christianity to Judaism to Islam they all believe that I must belive without doubt despite the terrible human race having their mits on the biblical scriptures before I get to read them.

All I want is a reason to believe in life and a readon to love, why does man have to manipulate me into believing in their version of religion or indeed criminalising me for being different and wanting to break the mould of this modern slavery of society?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

First you have to believe in yourself, family and friends..the rest will follow, try to be a good human..
life your life..dont give up, no one is lost!!! Dont forget who you are and where you came from! you are important
peace!
edit on 8-3-2012 by Anunaki2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-3-2012 by Anunaki2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

You don't need organized religion to get God's attention. But you DO have to believe in His Son.
I was where you are at sort-of.
"Why are we here?", "Is this just an experiment aliens are conducting?"
I was VERY confused and then one day I heard the gospel, because I had a hangover and couldn't find the remote to turn it, I listened. I used to pray to God, but He never even acknowledged me or helped me that I saw, so I started thinking aliens or perhaps a goddess I had never heard of was controlling everything.
I asked God after the sermon, "If you think women are as important to you as men, show me in the Bible".
I opened the Bible my Mom had bought me because I was suicidal and found something I had never seen before. Women were equal in God's eyes to men in His love for them. So, I decided to pray that night and when I did, EVERYTHING changed. I could feel Jesus forgive me for my abortion and other stuff and put His arms around me.
I was astounded and depression and anxiety left, as I realized God knew all and STILL loved me and controlled everything for mans' benefit, but we have to get rid of our personal sins first, which only takes asking in sincerity.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Ive found that when I put focus on helping my fellow man, I feel less lost.

Hope that helps.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Look inward. At the very core, this is what many religious texts point to, yet their dogma and cultural expression frequently forget this.

Perhaps this might give you a clearer idea of what I mean.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

May love and light lead you on your journey.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Woah, that's deep. Here's my take,

First, I recently read a book called Destiny of Souls, by Michael Newton, amazon he's a hypnotherapist and he brings people from their past life into the spirit world. It's a sequel to Journey of souls

From what he says, we incarnate on Earth a lot, and sometimes elsewhere, but when we go back home, we get a chance to see everyone we love (we're arranged in soul groups and part of our energy stays behind so we can see someone even if they're still living!) and rejuvenate before our next journey in. We have chats with "the council" and our spirit guide and we talk about what we did good, what we did bad, and what we should try to improve.

We also get to have a "sneak preview" of the life that we're going to have before we have it. But the hypnotees could not see things to come (for their own good I'm sure). I thought that was pretty awesome as I was reading it.

As for religious doctrine. I was Baptised and Confirmed Catholic but I shirk the idea of organized religion. I never formally studied eastern religion in college, but it has been a hobby of mine. I personally have always believed that the God that Christians believe is the same as the Hindu pantheon when it all comes down to it. I really like reading gnostic texts and apocrypha. I like how the opposite of Gnostic is A-Gnostic, so these were people who KNEW if there is a god.

Recently, though I have come upon western magic and it's "tools" if you will. The tarot, kaballah, astrology, alchemy, are all ways of studying the nature of God and it is in itself 'working spiritualism' in that you have to take part and do something i.e. become a better person to know the deity better. Hope that helps somehow

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I see myself as a caring and emotional person but in life I have found myself constantly seeking for some truth or some closure to what life actually is. I find myself being a very spiritual person and always thinking about why we are here and what we can do to be good for people. Yet I find myself feeling polluted by oeganised religion and feel I cannot trust what man presents to me due to their lust for power. Yet God (if there is one) will not reveal themselves to me despite me being thirsty for a reason and a model to base my life on and devote my love of which is bursting to get out.

Yet this does not happen and the only thing each person from religion can tell me is that I must have faith and all will become clear, from Christianity to Judaism to Islam they all believe that I must belive without doubt despite the terrible human race having their mits on the biblical scriptures before I get to read them.

You and lots of people. Don't feel all alone. The "Bible" and its 'background' are under much scrutiny at the present time.
There are live threads in this forum right now that are discussing these issues.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Read about Jesus my friend...

I know it sounds cheesy but "The Man" knows what hes talkin about

edit on 8-3-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by schlomo

From what he says, we incarnate on Earth a lot, and sometimes elsewhere, but when we go back home, we get a chance to see everyone we love (we're arranged in soul groups and part of our energy stays behind so we can see someone even if they're still living!) and rejuvenate before our next journey in. We have chats with "the council" and our spirit guide and we talk about what we did good, what we did bad, and what we should try to improve.

We also get to have a "sneak preview" of the life that we're going to have before we have it. But the hypnotees could not see things to come (for their own good I'm sure). I thought that was pretty awesome as I was reading it.

It is awesome, and...
and.....

It's the TRUTH.
I didn't learn it from the author of that book, but through another teacher, Judy Goodman, 11 years ago.

People are waking up.
I am currently reading The Evolution of God, by Robert Wright, copyright 2009, pub by Little, Brown and Company; 1 edition (June 8, 2009)
Here is a description of it:

In this sweeping narrative that takes us from the Stone Age to the Information Age, Robert Wright unveils an astonishing discovery: there is a hidden pattern that the great monotheistic faiths have followed as they have evolved. Through the prisms of archaeology, theology, and evolutionary psychology, Wright's findings overturn basic assumptions about Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, and are sure to cause controversy. He explains why spirituality has a role today, and why science, contrary to conventional wisdom, affirms the validity of the religious quest. And this previously unrecognized evolutionary logic points not toward continued religious extremism, but future harmony.

Nearly a decade in the making, The Evolution of God is a breathtaking re-examination of the past, and a visionary look forward.

Here is the amazon link to it.www.amazon.com... =b&ref=pd_sl_661lir57ga_b

I was lucky enough to find it in the 'bargain book bin' at my local grocer's.....for $7.
But even at the $17 amazon price, I (so far) heartily recommend it to anyone in 'seeking' mode.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
It is the spirit within the body which seeks ultimate truth, and connection with fellow human beings. I believe that is why we seek out religion. If we were simply physical creatures with no spirit, there would be no need. I have noticed that even animals treat each other with kindness and display acts of love even in the face of danger to themselves. The spirit within them causes them to behave that way.

You feel lost because you don't feel connection to this unseen greater soul. I have felt that way myself. I have found that helping those less fortunate (whether human or animal) gives the greatest reward, and feeds the spirit.

Churches claim to be the path to God but I have not found that to be the case. Oftentimes, when man gets a hold of spiritual matters, he perverts and destroys it.

It is very simple: Treat others the way you would want to be treated, show kindness to those whom the world shuns and makes fun of, be merciful when the world says you should be cruel, and appreciate life in all its forms. As you go on in life, you will begin to see yourself as just one little thread in a giant tapestry that needs every last thread to be what it is. Be a good person and your connection will become clear.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

oh congratulations sleepy head. youre awakening. the veil is being lifted. My thoughts are that if Jesus existed some 2000 years ago and comes back he would be astonished at how his message has been distorted. Again congratulations. God gave us free will to seek the truth and the truth you shall find. So he is showing you!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

It is very simple: Treat others the way you would want to be treated, show kindness to those whom the world shuns and makes fun of, be merciful when the world says you should be cruel, and appreciate life in all its forms.

YEAH!! ^^^ THAT!
I know, one-line-post, but a simple star didn't seem sufficient.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I found a post today that took a LOOOTTTTT of weight of my shoulders when it comes to believing and having faith in god. Everyone makes it out to be so difficult. And truth is you do have to have faith, but in the bible God says "seek me and you shall find me". But it does take time. But please decide soon! The rapture is very well about to take place VERY SOON!

Please check this link out. A lot of preachers today corrupt the message being taught and make it seem difficult to follow the Lord. They don't teach about true amazing grace from God, and how we don't have to depend on ourselves to stop sinning, and instead ask Him to help us stop sinning.

Here's the link: What Does God Expect Of ME?? (He expects you to depned on him, not try to do it by yourself. It's Impossible to follow God when depending on your own willpower)
edit on 8-3-2012 by WatcherMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
But where do I obtain help? or am i supposed to help myself? I can't help but feel that although there is much good in me that there is a cruek side too. I cannot go on without guideance.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I was in the same boat as you man, wondering where I could put my faith and love. I kept looking, worried that I would pick a wrong one and finally saw the teachings of Jesus. You see Jesus spoke about loving your enemy. He saw that many of the religions and teachings of his time were so bent on reaching God and purifying their sins, but he saw that it was impossible for man to do because man sinned by nature. He knew that in order to do the impossible he would need Gods help, God helped Jesus in a way that God can help us. Jesus was the son of man and with him we can be freed of the sins we commit that enslave us. Don't blame God for anything that happens to you, when you look back it all started from humans causing all the problems. Even today I see many Christians do things that Jesus would disagree upon, the word of God is clear and his Jesus teachings are very clear.It all comes down to if you follow the path Jesus paved will you be a better person? I can 100% guarantee you will, read up on it.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
But where do I obtain help? or am i supposed to help myself? I can't help but feel that although there is much good in me that there is a cruek side too. I cannot go on without guideance.

Start in the bible at the fourth book of the New Testament, "John"

It talks about Jesus' life and how he died for us. You should probably see a preacher too, so you can get help.

Startingwithgod.com is also a great website. Trust me, you want to have a relationship with Jesus. He's not just some invisible being up in the clouds. He's very real and wants you to have a relationship with him.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

All I want is a reason to believe in life and a readon to love, why does man have to manipulate me into believing in their version of religion or indeed criminalising me for being different and wanting to break the mould of this modern slavery of society?

Look into the original sources. They are readily available now, thanks to the internet.

Yes, in a way, you're supposed to help yourself. The journey to enlightenment must be an individual one. Look into the depths of your heart.

Your "cruel" side is just human nature. And religious 'authorities' are for the most part corrupt. Look into the original teachings via the Nag Hammadi texts.......

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

First regarding your title thread, there's a tinge of despair in it so let me say that there is no reason to worry, you're doing just fine
The thoughts you express are actually a breath of fresh air and remind me of the early days of my own journey to spirituality. You are not willing to accept the standard religious dogma and allow yourself to be shaped by it and that is a GOOD thing! Jesus himself spoke out quite strongly against religion because organized religion (both then and now) does more to drive people away from understanding and loving God than to him. Through study of the Bible, prayer and searching within myself I'm convinced that the concept of condemnation was developed as a form of political control and doesn't actually represent God's plan. I'm not sure if you have children but I do, and I can state without a second thought that should any of them curse me, push me away and/ or shun me, my love for them is so great that should they ever return I would happily welcome them back. I would never, ever consider throwing any of them into a fire as punishment. And if I can so willingly forgive, can a God with no limit of love not do the same for any of his children? I truly believe that he will welcome any of us back to him whether it's during life or after death regardless of what we've done. If you don't believe or if you're on the fence, I say don't worry about it. God will reveal himself to you whether it's in life or in death, and once the truth is revealed he will welcome you to him or honor your choice to be separated from him. I really believe that, but it took decades for me to sort my beliefs and develop conclusions and my journey is not over yet.

Good luck and don't be afraid of the journey, because the journey is what it's all about rather than the destination

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

I would never, ever consider throwing any of them into a fire as punishment. And if I can so willingly forgive, can a God with no limit of love not do the same for any of his children? I truly believe that he will welcome any of us back to him whether it's during life or after death regardless of what we've done. If you don't believe or if you're on the fence, I say don't worry about it. God will reveal himself to you whether it's in life or in death, and once the truth is revealed he will welcome you to him or honor your choice to be separated from him. I really believe that, but it took decades for me to sort my beliefs and develop conclusions and my journey is not over yet.

Mine is not over either.
Excellent post.
Star.

(Sorry, mods, not a big contribution, just a bump).

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join