It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hell is Bogus!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I know there is a lot of talk about Hell on this forum and how that if you do believe in Christ then you will burn to a crisp. According to what most christians believe, once Christ returns, all the good people will go to heaven and the bad people will burn in hell and have eternal suffering. Ouch!

So the situation is this. God & Heaven = Good, Hell & Satan = Bad

If God is a God of love as the Bible states and is perfect, how can he let hell evil and suffering exist? Logically it doesnt make sense.

Any ideas out there?

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 02:11 AM
link   
This is like the god omnipotence paradox.

How can god, a being of unlimited power, create something he cannot lift?
To not be able to create something he cannot lift makes him limited in power.
Not being able to lift something he created makes him limited too.

So, how can he be omnipotent?

Theres alot in religion that doesn't make sence or that contradicts everything else.

Thats why religion needs blind faith. Because logic will rip its foundations apart.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I overdosed and died. Hell is more like the movie Legend, but with naked multilated bodys, with sexually acts and gross multulations all around you. very very scary. It was so very real and I was really there, something started to bite my fingers off when I was ressestated and my heart started back up.

Hell is very real, Fear of God is very real, you need to almost die or be dead to understand it.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Hell comes to Earth, too. Without going into long-winded lessons about how ethics as delivered via religion are important for a peaceful, happy society the ancient leaders just said "Do it or you'll suffer afterward."

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by et is dead
I overdosed and died. Hell is more like the movie Legend, but with naked multilated bodys, with sexually acts and gross multulations all around you. very very scary. It was so very real and I was really there, something started to bite my fingers off when I was ressestated and my heart started back up.

Hell is very real, Fear of God is very real, you need to almost die or be dead to understand it.

I don't mean to be noisy....but can you go in more detail with what happen...Im lost in my faith.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Hell is more like the movie Legend, but with naked multilated bodys, with sexually acts and gross multulations all around you.

Yay! It's dante's hell! I was afraid it was something scary.

[edit on 21-9-2004 by pennyforyourthoughts]

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 02:37 AM
link   
The idea of "hell" is a creation of the Catholic church. Translate the actual words Shiol and Gehenneh (sp) they refer to the "pit" or the "grave". Not a burning place of torment. You are right, a god of love wouldn't let a place like that to exist.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Hell wasn't good enough for protestants so they invent purgatory.. a sort of pre-hell, hells waiting room if you will.

Death and what happens after is a blakckmail device designed to get people to do EXACTLY AS I SAY! MWAHAHAHAHA!

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas
Hell wasn't good enough for protestants so they invent purgatory.. a sort of pre-hell, hells waiting room if you will.

Death and what happens after is a blakckmail device designed to get people to do EXACTLY AS I SAY! MWAHAHAHAHA!

Exactly, all about control. The thing is there wasn't the internet for serfs and peasants in, oh, let's say, the 14th century.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Heaven is more bogus than Hell i mean they say that heaven is a paradise
i mmean how do they(christians know this) have they had first hand experience like dying then coming back to life ???? how can they preach that crap

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by shmick25

If God is a God of love as the Bible states and is perfect, how can he let hell evil and suffering exist? Logically it doesnt make sense.

Hell is not bogus, but I think you don't have a correct conception of God.
A God of love, I mean.

Of course God love those who believe in him, but some people hate this God, and they try to do everything to kill, torture, rape people who believe in Him.
How many people bush (for example) killed, just for his political interests ?

You see, there are some people who ain't got no love for the human kind on earth, and they hate God and God them, that's why he made hell.

[edit on 21-9-2004 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
Heaven is more bogus than Hell i mean they say that heaven is a paradise
i mmean how do they(christians know this) have they had first hand experience like dying then coming back to life ???? how can they preach that crap

More than just Christians on that one Drunk. It goes to control again, reward for being a good Christian, Hindu, Muslim, only they throw the virgins in. See what I'm saying? Religion throws the afterlife at you, any guaruntees? Nope.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Yeah i know i didnt just mean Christians, its all aload of hogwash as you Intrepid.They also use the afterlife a sort of bribery system.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Fear of God is very real

Of course it is, if thats what your conditioned to believe.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by madhatter

Fear of God is very real

Of course it is, if thats what your conditioned to believe.

But isn't God love? That's the conundrum. Who changed the rules?

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Hell is the pepper spray and night in Jail of religion...

You either be a good boy/girl and don't cause trouble and say bad things about us or you are going to Jail/Hell.

But you are correct in thae fact that there is a paradox, God (I was under the impression) was not vengefull and was forgiving...

If this were the case, then hell could not possibly exist.. the only time I would understand Hell could ever exist is down to personal perception...

One mans heaven is another mans hell and visa versa... If you take pleasure in spending time in the company of people in a sexual nature, drink alcohol, use recreational drugs, swear and just about anything of that pursuasion, this would be ideal for you... but probably not your average Amish folk...

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Maybe, what you call hell is the place where stay the souls of deads ?
But you must believe in human soul and life after death.

I also got a friend who say that hell is a place lot of surprises...

I'm surprised that nobody never made the parallell between hell and dreams. Because sometimes dreams (or nightmares) are a form of hell.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS

I also got a friend who say that hell is a place lot of surprises...

Yes.... One of the biggest suprises is that you must be dead to go there. So how, and what, did your friend tell you about hell?

Also I have heard from various sources, this site included, that hell is mentioned in some of the "other" books of the bible that were banned... Maybe the book of Enoch? Anyway, I think basically what it was saying is that hell is not eternal, and anyone who goes there will eventually get out. The religious powers that be denounced this book as they could not risk sheeple knowing that they could commit crimes and do bad things and get away with it.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Where did this saying come from anyway! ;-)

I believe that hell doesnt last forever. I heard an interesting analogy the other day about it actually.

Say for example a person has terminal cancer and goes into the hospital to be treated. The person can be cured if the cancer is removed. If it is left in, then the person will die.

The doctor needs to remove this cancer. The operation will hurt, and leave a scar, however, the person will ultimately live and live a happy life.

This I think is the same as the real christian message. If sin is left to remain then it will simply keep corrupting people and causing trouble. Gods only solution is to wipe it out. In this context, I do not think hell is forever. At the end of time, sin along with hell will be destroyed. Left to its own, I think people would destroy themselves anyway.

The scar I am thinking is the wounds that Christ received on the cross. This make any sense???

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Earth is Satan's planet. Welcome to hell!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join