It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if an ET landed in your backyard...?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
if ET landed in your backyard, and you walked out to greet it personally, would it/they assume that you were the master-craftsman who created your home and everything in and around it?

I think they would believe you to be technologically advanced yourself, unless they have a similiar way of doing things or understand how we work as a species.

what do you think?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I would first explain to him that there is a small fee for parking in my yard and also for answers to all his questions.

And yes, I invented water.
edit on 8-3-2012 by oghamxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I'd immediately demand an explanation about why they seem to relish anal probes.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I'd spray it with the hose.....

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

If an ET has the capability to land in my yard, I would assume that it also has the common sense to research my planet. Thusly, it would not land in my yard because it is neither important nor inconspicuous. However, if one did by chance, in some crash landing or what not, befriending an alien species would likely be the best thing to do. I would invite them in, make some pizza rolls and immediately tell them not to trust the MSM on our planet.

There is no better way to befriend someone than giving them knowledge and pizza rolls

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
haha. I love these what-ifs.

I don't think I would walk out there for one thing.
And I did rebuild my house.
I would also request rent for parking on my land.
If they were friendly I'd make them something to eat.
If not, well.....

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
i would ask for a tour in there spaceship then hijack it and sell it on ebay

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

It happened a few nights ago.

And yes.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I'd tell them to watch their step because Man's best friend owns that back yard and I don't know where the pooper scooper is.

Peace

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I would assume they had stopped to ask directions to the White House. I would also be rather miffed at them if they squashed my pergola, or my car, or bent my TV antenna. If under those circumstances they did the decent thing and gave me their address it would cost me a fortune in postage to send them the bill!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I'd take them to the Discovey and Nature center up the road and teach them about the geology of the area I live in. If they were interested in that stuff. Or I would simply just try to communicate with them and become friends if they have that understanding.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I would probably ask him to move this thread to the correct forum.. Lol

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
If it were the actual "E.T." from the 80's movie, I would have him use my phone immediately to phone his Mom for permission to have a sleep over. I'd bribe him with some Reese's pieces to fly us on my bicycle around the neighborhood, then pitch a tent and drink beers around my fire-pit. You know "guy" stuff.....

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
If it were the actual "E.T." from the 80's movie, I would have him use my phone immediately to phone his Mom for permission to have a sleep over. I'd bribe him with some Reese's pieces to fly us on my bicycle around the neighborhood, then pitch a tent and drink beers around my fire-pit. You know "guy" stuff.....

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I'd shoot it and sell it to Fox.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I think an alien capable of interstellar travel would know more about you than you know about yourself.

To think that they would be intelligent enough to traverse the cosmos but not understand the workings of human society doesnt add up.

If one was to land in your back yard im thinking they would scope you out to make sure your not some redneck hick thats gonna shoot it.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
My back garden actually belongs to the flats below me, so the first thing they'd encounter while stepping out of their space ship, is the pleasure of stepping in a pile of dog poo. I'd show him how to wipe it off on the grass, and then we'd go from there.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

id say that thats a trampoline not a parking space mate

then get him on ats

oh and ask to go for a spin in is/hers/its ship/craft very low
very slow so you could all see it as well
edit on 9/3/2012 by maryhinge because: go for a spin bit

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by oghamxx
I would first explain to him that there is a small fee for parking in my yard and also for answers to all his questions.

And yes, I invented water.
edit on 8-3-2012 by oghamxx because: (no reason given)

Yes you COULD claim that you invented water because if an Alien ever landed in your yard you'd probably pee yourself either out of fear or excitement.
Then you can turn around say to them, see? I did that..

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
id shoot at it.

simple as that

top topics

<<   2 >>

join