It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Another Person From Another Country Asked An American...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
This is a questions for Americans.

If you were traveling in another country, and another person asked you this question:

"What is America like?"

How would you answer the question? How would you explain America?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
This is a questions for Americans.

If you were traveling in another country, and another person asked you this question:

"What is America like?"

How would you answer the question? How would you explain America?

Not as great as you imagine.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
It's a banana republic just without the bananas.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I'm in the uk.

What is America like?"

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

America is the greatest country on Earth.

It isn't perfect, but it tries. There is nothing quite as beautiful, quite as flawed.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Does your country have cities and farmland? If so, it's just like that.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
"Come see for yourself"

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Materialistic, selfish, shallow, superficial, dishonet, deceitful and too many people focused on brainless distractions. Don't bother coming here.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

OK…I’ll bite!

I would say America is a beautiful country with people from all different cultural backgrounds. You can travel from coast to coast and state to state without any papers or particular reason. Everything you’d ever want is in America. You can enjoy mountains, rivers, deserts, forests, foods from every culture, and every type of entertainment you can imagine. You are free to start a business (or several businesses) or work for another person or company. You are free to buy or rent any home you chose in any city you chose. You have a right to vote and decide the direction of your country through elected officials (sometimes
). You can have as many children as you’d like or none at all. All of your rights are protected by the constitution, which means you have more freedom and more opportunities than any other people on the globe.

(Waiting for the criticism and anti-American rhetoric to begin in 3……2……..1…….GO)

edit on 8-3-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I would say that America is like the whole world in microcosm: It has everything. Every climate, every type of topography, and every type of person in the world. It is also a land of extremes. Some of the highest mountain tops and the lowest valleys, dry deserts, tropical islands, flat plains, rolling hills, majestic mountains, hot as hell and cold as a well digger's butt. The greatest, most ostentatious wealth and the most severe poverty exist side-by-side. It has an incredible range of weather phenomena. There is something for everybody here.

It also has the most hypocritical government on the planet. With all the diversity in this country, that is the one thing we all agree on here. Our government and the politicians responsible for the mess we're in have become an embarrassment.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

(Waiting for the criticism and anti-American rhetoric to begin in 3……2……..1…….GO)
reply to post by seabag

Not from me. Good description.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Have you ever visited any of the other "wealthy" countries in the world? I have and we really don't have anything they dont have. It took traveling to realize I had been drinking the Kool Aid for years.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ladysophiaofsandoz

Actually I’ve lived in Belgium and Germany, and I’ve visited Israel, UK, Turkey, Bosnia, Spain, Crete, Sicily, Italy, Egypt, Iraq, Holland, Mexico, Bahamas, etc.

I’ve seen it! No Kool Aid drinking here.

I wouldn’t live anywhere else but the US of A! We have everything they have and much more, so why bother?

They're nice places to visit (most of them) but I woudn't want to stay (no offense).
edit on 8-3-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

First of all, people that live in the U.S.A. do not call it America unless they are speaking to someone that does not live in the U.S.A or if they find themselves not in the U.S.A. Americans call it the US among other Americans. I find this strange.

I would say that the US is your country. The US is Britain, France, Africa, Belgium, Spain, Mexico, Argentina, Columbia, Russia. Immigrants built this country, and thus we have a mixture of values, styles, and beliefs.

We are the land of the not so free. We are a country with lost values, just like yours.

Now, if you are talking about TEXAS, that is another story. I'm a native Texan. I've lived elsewhere, and let me tell you, freedom is what the founding father's wrote. Texans have the right to bear arms. Pretty much any arms. Not just what is deemed "ok" by the rest of the states. Texas has all types of topography, from seaside to desert, to piney woods and to hill country. We have the right to secede from the U.S.A. because we like to feel independent..even though it will never happen. We have constructed out OWN power grid, so when SHTF in New York and Tennessee, and Nevada, we at least have control over our own power sources.

So, in short, I'd say, America is as great as any other country, but Texas is another thing.

new topics

top topics

join