It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Candy Strike

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
As much as people want to talk about all the horrible things the US military is doing in the middle east, some servicemen are truly great people. I saw this video and thought about if we dropped things like this instead of bombs, the world would be such a better place.. Wishful thinking i guess..

edit on 8-3-2012 by SAB17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Oh that is just too cute.

Now we are going to have a war amongst kids fighting over the toys.

How adorable is that?

Oh yeah, and at the beginning I always have to giggle with the man dancing when the plane leave the tarmac. ROFL!

edit on 8-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SAB17

Hey SAB17 thanks for posting such a good video. It's nice to know with all the craziness in the world that there are still people who retain their humanity by doing things like this.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SAB17

I loved that video and I love the military. Served 10 years myself and in OEF and stuff like that is so frequent but nobody ever talks about it. They only show the bad stuff. Thanks for posting this. Really made my day

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I just thought that with all the crazy things going on this world, sometimes we need a reminder that there are great people doing great things too

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SAB17
As much as people want to talk about all the horrible things the US military is doing in the middle east (and I agree, we shouldnt have our troops there,) some servicemen truly are great people. I saw this video and thought about if we dropped things like this instead of bombs, the world would be such a better place.. Wishful thinking i guess..

So nice !
No doubt there are great servicemen in any military, there are great and generous gang bangers also, I guess...

edit on 8-3-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SAB17

Great video OP...thanks for shring. As a member of the Armed Forces I can tell you it happens a lot more than anybody knows. For Halloween we recieved so much candy and goodies from the school kids back home that sacrifaced it for us that we had to do something with it all...It was greatly appreciated but we could not possiably eat it all and we of course "Passed it On" to the local kids who also greatly appreciated...NO-ONE likes dropping bombs or killing PEOPLE....I too wish we could do more of this kind of work....also remember that we give school books...school supplies and build schools for the local villages on a regular basis...many times if the bad people move in to these villages they destroy the schools and punish the village...if girls are caught with reading material they are severly punished...its heartbreaking to see the reults....most of the time very severe burns from boiling water or open flames...these are the people we want to get but sadly they are elusive and remain defaint and unwilling to help their own.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Damn that made me cry.........things like this is what make me proud of

our service men and women.I can not express the feelings this video has set upon me.

Great video......and thanks for posting it. HHhhuuummm i wounder how much candy a C-130

could drop out of the back?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

VERY COOL

THANK YOU for posting. We need more of this all the way around.

I hope everyone who watches this 'passes on' the peace.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by grayghost
Damn that made me cry.........things like this is what make me proud of

our service men and women.I can not express the feelings this video has set upon me.

Great video......and thanks for posting it. HHhhuuummm i wounder how much candy a C-130

could drop out of the back?

Well said, G_D bless our troops

SNF! and personal applause

edit on 9-3-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Indeed, it is sorta funny that noone ever talks about the good stuff like that when it comes to war...

Maybe THATS a conspiracy? =P (bahaha its ats...had to try right?)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Giving the afghan's our candy, laced with high fructose corn syrup. Seems nice, but in reality it's terrible for their teeth.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Aww, death machines dropping cute stuffed animals!

The orphans will have something to hug now! And they can also use them to point to where they were touched.

Both fun, and practical!
edit on 9-3-2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
While Muslims are against what is happening in the Middle Eastern parts of the world, we are not against Americans (Although the general consensus is a prayer for Americans to take the blinders off) but Americans themselves no one has anything against. It is policy that is hated, it is government that is believed run by evil intentions and actions.

The lies are not told by the average American, and the average serviceman is only doing what he believes to be right, protecting his country. It is not his fault he has been lied to. And he is not hated on any personal level. Of course if he is in another country shooting people the people will in fact shoot back war is war after all, and who, if it was on their homeland soil would do any different?

So, while we pray blinders to be removed and truth to be seen, you are not hated, military or not. We are all just human beings trying to make it through this life. We are all the sons of Nabi Adam (as) and as such we are all brothers (and sisters
) in humanity.

God help us all.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SAB17

Many good people do drastic horrible thing when they are ignorant.

The fact is we should answer for what we do here on this side.

but on the other side , we will all be questioned because we all have our unique brain to use.

and if someone refuses to use it , it is a problem for itself.

WE are all gears for the society we live in , we should ask ourselves about the goal of the machine we are serving in.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SAB17

Drink the first Afgan war with Russia , they dropped toys too only theirs were minded to make the children.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Im glad to see some military people posting that this happens a lot. Several of my friends said the same. It must be pretty rewarding I would think to make someones day like those kids. I understand no one WANTS to drop bombs. But orders are orders and safety is safety. Unfortunately we cant just only drop toys and candy.. Its just neat to see that even in a war zone, good things happen too.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SAB17
I understand no one WANTS to drop bombs. But orders are orders and safety is safety.

Of course no one wants !

'Let Us Shoot': US Troops Fire On Journalists

A shocking video leaked on the internet shows US troops in Apache helicopters itching to attack a group of Iraqis before repeatedly opening fire on the innocent men. Around 12 people were killed

The gunsight video contains audio of a conversation between the pilots, saying: "Let us shoot!"

Bullets pelt the ground as the men scatter, desperate for cover, and at one point some men are seen trying to dodge bullets while rushing small children away.

The behaviour of the US troopers has been likened to them playing a computer game and aiming for high scores.

A pilot is heard to say "C'mon, fire!" while the words "light 'em up!" and "keep shooting, keep shooting" are also caught on camera.

Link

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I agree that is a very nice heart warming video and my thanks to the crew that did it....
Now if they could just sell all that military hardware and take one blimp and fly over the US dropping dollars that they got from all that war hardware all would be very good indeed.
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 9-3-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

top topics

join