It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Prison System Is Becoming Big Business in America - The American Gulags

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I'm being completely honest when I ask this: what can we do to stop this?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I know this site doesn't like the discussion of drugs to come up, well to bad, Its a rational thing for normal people to discuss openly.I dam near died protecting my own people and yes some of our allies at the time who happened to be British. So please pardon me if I feel entitled.

The truth is American prisons are filled with non-violent people who never hurt anyone (other then themselves) and there there because they used drugs. To me, I don't care if you smoke rag weed pollen. I don't recommend it if for no other reason it has no psychoactive affects at all, and in time will like smoking anything really screw up your lungs but as long as you don't come running at me with an ax, frankly I really don't give a s**** what you do.

Shouldn't that be the standard by which all drug use is judged
? You want to kill yourself I'm terribly sorry but that is at the end of the day your right as a free citizen. What IS NOT your right is to get into your car stoned, bombed, or drunk out of your mind and kill someone else. Sound fair, GOOD!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RomeByFire

If you are an American, become active in the political process. No one can speak for you regardless of some one else's so called bull s*** credentials better then you. The idea most people have that one person can't change the world? Let me tell you and I know this as a fact. One person can start or prevent a war. Its not magic. Sometimes its being in the worst possible place on Earth, at exactly the right time.

The power of your voice can change the world for the better. Use it. We need all the help we can get.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by RomeByFire
I'm being completely honest when I ask this: what can we do to stop this?

You can rely on the fact that they will never have either enough man power to arrest, or enough prison capacity to hold, more than 20% of the domestic population at the absolute most. Even 20% is probably an excessive estimate; it's more likely to be 10%.

Law enforcement doesn't work on the basis that they're always going to get you if you break one of the laws that are on the books. This is particularly true in the case of the less intelligent, more frivolous laws such as drug and copyright law.

Instead, what they rely on, is that even though they can't get more than 10-20% of the population, you don't know whether or not it's going to be you who gets hit with the poison ball.

Don't bother trying to change the laws. You won't. You also won't successfully change corporations engaging in this type of behaviour. They want to do it, and they're going to irrespective of what you think.

What you have to do, is adopt your own internal morality and stick to it, whether there is any possibility of the police coming for you or not.
edit on 9-3-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

At this point I truly don't know.

if everyone refused to go to work (which isn't going to happen) or unite and rebel (which isn't going to happen)

nothing.............slavery will continue as usual.

Humanity must grow some back bone or waste away and be assimulated by ?
edit on 9-3-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Well not exactly. But money can turn who would think is a sane person into having delusions of their own god-hood.I've seen it and it aint pretty.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

You have no idea how many times I ask myself this everyday. It pains me when I cannot come up with an answer. So far the best answer that I can come up with is stay off the radar as much as possible, but that only helps me and mine own. I wish I could come up with an answer that helps everyone! And it frustrates me to no end

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Don't know as our votes don't really count in my book it's a big sham.

I could be wrong.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

I have been thinking about this seriously lately. I know I cannot run for any office, it would never happen. I have "too much dirt" in my past to dig up. I really want to do something though!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I hear you. It's crazy and way above 1984. It just had to be said. Maybe if you spent some time in prison you'd say about 80-90% of them "Thank God I don't have to meet them on the street" And there is thousands times as much the same kind of people out there.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

TBTB Don't like you or anyone smoking "what cannot be named" because that experience takes you to a higher dimension and you get the truth....................who really rules the roost.

Sorry that is my own take on this subject.

I am not a druggie, a habitual user but the few times I have partaken I have seen another dimension and it's entities that don't want to be known or identified.

And I am a very conservative normally law abiding citizen.................very reality based.

"They" whoever "they" are don't want you to see or know of them on this three d level.

That is why "they that live" push for "drug control"...............one drug that cannot be named, are the sun glasses.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I don't even see where anything you've said could be in anyway unfair. The unfairness happens when people try and control what another person wants to do. What clothes to wear, how much money they can make, what cigarettes to smoke, how lifes problems are allowed to effect them, whether or not they can stand up and say
this whole G-D rigid system is still just as wrong as any slavery ever was. Seeing that it enslaves every common person on the planet to the dwelling that houses them for life.

Don't miss any payments that you owe every month. Don't get sick for a week ! Don't have any family problems.
Don't be a human being and mess up even a lil bit. Don't sneeze. Don't fart, chew gum, climb curtains, crumble cookies, don't eat S__t and bark at the moon, cause the slightest lil F-up for the rest of your life ?

You lose everything and die in the gutter where they think you belong in the first place

Human

Sunglasses ? Wha who ?
edit on 9-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

When my Dad was in his prime and that was a very long time ago, the United States ruled the business world. We still do in some respects. But now we have certain countries, notably China in an all out no holds bared war against every nation on Earth. The acts of computer hacking that can now be directly traced to the China number in excess of over 1,000,000 attacks. An hour. If they were dropping bombs remotely at that rate world war 3 would have happened about 1988. Thats when China went on the offensive going after every government and corporate computer system in the world.

That is one of the reasons the United States created the Cyber Command. We were not given a choice. I also know as a fact that several large American corporations, not just Google, pricks that they are, were finding very strange and untraceable attacks on there computer systems. It didn't take a genius to figure out that only a major nation state could pull this off.

I also know as a fact that we talked to to the Russians. They in effect said are you out of your mind"? We would never pull a stunt like that because we could very easily see that interpreted as an act of war. From what I was told later there was absolutely no reason to suspect them, despite the fact they have some of the best mathematicians and computer programers on the planet. That much I new. I also knew they were anything but stupid.

But at that time there was serious concern that some of Chinas new leaders were not as, let us say rational as the previous ones. In those days every time the phone rang in the middle of the night, I'll be completely honest with you. I wet my pants. Even my cat gave me a look one night, Öh please, AGAIN?? Sorry kitty.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

To be perfectly honest with you, running for office would be the last thing on my mind. Odd being somewhat of an exhibitionist. But I have worked behind the scenes for issues that mattered to me. Any voice that keeps talking and makes sense in time carries weight. Regardless of your past "issues" you think the average politician is some kind of virgin? Oh, please...

I have been asked several times to run for office and frankly I get a lot more accomplished NOT being in the public light. The reason is simple. If I were to run for office I would be perceived as such a moderate I would likely piss off a very large number of Republicans, and quite a few Democrats. I honestly don't belong in either camp. I have strong libertarian leanings yet am also a hawk. That by the way is very different then being a war monger.

It means I want my country to have the biggest stick on the block, and the wisdom to use it only when absolutely necessary .Hopefully never.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Hey, I didn't think my post would offend anybody, but I can be stupid at times.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
system of a down had it right.. they're trying top buiold a prison for you and me to live in!!! when i hear that a guy can go to prison for having a couple grams of weed for the thirds time.. problem.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Would you be surprised if I said I agree with you? I do. Its more then unfortunate its actually tragic that so many people have the idea they should control your life. I live my life by a very simple rule. You leave me alone, I'll leave you alone. Sound like a deal?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

they have sent navy seals to bust drug empires in south africa and take there $, let them operate and then go back and take thier $.. again and again. keeping drugs illigal makes more $. think about it, is alchohol or marajuana more dangerous? i've seen people go to crack because of alchohol consumption, with weed it was frosty bowls to straight crack but drinking was the main reason. loss of inhabitions, not the gain of sight you'd get from weed was the biggest turn on to any unnatural rush
edit on 10-3-2012 by robbyraw because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Ok honest. I was accused and aquited for rape before. I am sure that is enough to have people foaming at the mouth. And dig a bit farther into my schooltime, things can be twisted and turned against me. Things like rape, in some people's minds being accused is as good as being convicted. And I am white(well half), so I can probably afford johny cocran right?

I have made some mistakes in my past, like getting into fights when I cared what people thought of me. I used to care when people called me racial slurs relating to my native ancestory. It bothered me a lot back then, and I was good at fighting. People that like to call names, also love to call foul when someone makes them eat their teeth. I grew up poor, way different world than most politicians. I am not sure most americans would understand that.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

wow.. here's one that would. same boat. i completly appreciate the honesty. you're not alone in that. peace to u

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join