It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Prison System Is Becoming Big Business in America - The American Gulags

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

The Prison Industry has been big business, no more so then in the American south. Decades ago inmates almost all black were "loaned"out at cut rate prices to certain southern employers. Of course the prisoners weren't paid. Louisiana was notorious, but not alone. Georgia was a big player in this abomination. too. Seems like slavery didn't end with the civil war. Funny, I thought we won that. Well, theres no end to American creativity where a dollar is involved. I know, I'm an American.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

What I'm more interested to find out is...how much time did you actually spend in jail for those crimes? You obviously didn't go to prison since they are not felonies.

I'm sorry for the delay Gypsy, I missed your response

I think I did say that iIve done a lil over a year all together. That racketeering charge got me 4 mos fighting the case from the inside. The D.A. kept postponing so he could get some time out of me in case I was guilty. I think is what he was doing. Then as I knew he would have to sooner or later he dropped the whole thing. So I did 4 mos. for something I wasn't even remotely guilty of. But after that i'd had enough of that way of life. Havn't been back since 97.
Ya for Randos
edit on 9-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I think I know where you're going with that maybe. there are a lot of non violent offenders in prison doing a lot of time simply because they have a problem and can't shake it.

And therein lies the dirty little secret we're not supposed to figure out....

It is not desired that addicts shake their problems with drugs because it would significantly interfere with the profits reaped by the biggest drug cartel operating in the world....our own U.S. government. That's why the predominant rehab programs offered through the courts are those that subscribe to the 12-Step CULT programs like A.A. and N.A., which are SO "successful" people have to go through them multiple times for the remainder of their lives.

edit on 9-3-2012 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by SaturnFX

My guess is who has the biggest "chest" Lady Gaga or Madonna will win over this one because the average person, even those now on ATS for the most part don't see that old train coming...............and it's labeled "Slaughterhouse".

www.goingfaster.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

What I'm more interested to find out is...how much time did you actually spend in jail for those crimes? You obviously didn't go to prison since they are not felonies.

I'm sorry for the delay Gypsy, I missed your response

I think I did say that iIve done a lil over a year all together. That racketeering charge got me 4 mos fighting the case from the inside. The D.A. kept postponing so he could get some time out of me in case I was guilty i think is what he was doing. Then as I knew he would have to sooner or later he dropped the whole thing. So I did 4 mos. for something I wasn't even remotely guilty of. But after that i'd had enough of that way of life. Havn't been back since 97.
Ya for Randos

Thanks for answering.....you didn't have to and you could have told me it was none of my business. lol

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The prison system was corporatized a long time ago. When the contractors became part of the picture the lobbyists had their pawns the lawmakers introduce ridiculous laws and penalties. Such as outrageous fines that are impossible to pay off and is a set up to jail you in the future > slave labor. Prison where the taxpayer pays up to 30 grand to 40 grand a year to incarcerate john doe the contractors reap the majority of profit around 90 percent even. It probably cost about 10 grand a year in actuality, while john doe makes pennies a day pressing license plates mind you the majority of his earnings are going in the pockets of guess who again? Not on only that john doe is also paying for his housing, food (slop) , security guards wages. John Does is usually a non violent offender probably doing his ten years for selling a "controlled substance" or burglary. The DOJ claims John is being criminally rehabilitated in reality John is in college for drug dealing you see he will have nothing when he is released and most likely resort to selling drugs to make a living but next time he will have much more knowledge of hs trade thanks to his fellow inmates.

Unlike John Doe the pedophile Herbert down the hall in protective custody is only doing 2 and a half years for raping a child. According to the lawmakers > corporation Herbert's crime does not deserve the punishment John Doe deserves. Because somehow the pot head hippie he sold an ounce of Marijuana to will be damaged emotionally and physically far more then the child that was raped.

In actuality the corporation did not get their share of John Does dealing of "controlled substance" for they were not in "control" or received the taxes from the tax stamps they want joe to pay for. They flew tons of marijuanta from south america to the poor man so that they could profit from joe's earnings and then lock him up and make even more money. Hello CIA.

Who holds the higher moral standard in this story?

John Doe - drug dealer

Herbert - the pedophile

the Company/Lawmakers/ Lobbyists ?

And this is why you are seeing them bringing back Debtors prisons, better pay your child support even though a lack of jobs and economy in ruin is not their fault its your problem now! Better pay your credit cards off or else you are posing a danger to society as well.

And it don't stop there, here in "IOWA" you are required to pay for your jail time now even though the taxpayer is also paying for it hence double the profit. This means you have not been convicted of said crime in court yet you have to pay for room and board against your will guilty or not.

Got Freedom?

edit on 9-3-2012 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

Well, theres no end to American creativity where a dollar is involved.

Oh, how true.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Prison Song by System Of A Down

Pretty much sums it up.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jacobe001

Oh so because you feel there are people who should be in prison who are not we shouldn't bother with reform?
No, there needs to be prison reform.
If you want criminal law reform that is a separate issue and you need to lobby for that, and affect change where you can.
Same goes for people you think are in prison and shouldn't be, lobby for reform.
Get a movement started.

Just because you feel there is an injustice out there is no reason to ignore the growing problem and not fix it.

As for Wall Street, yes people like Madhoff should be in jail, I would actually charge him with Man 1 for each suicide he caused as well as others.
Members of congress need to be on that list too though.

"War crimes" in other countries, contact the Hague.
Honestly you are just pouting at this point.
Since you feel there is injustice you want to hold your breath instead of recognizing that reform often needs to take place on multiple fronts.

Get back to me when justice...

Get back to everyone who wants to have a serious discussion on this matter when you have matured a little.
Not trying to be insulting/snarky just calling it like I see it.
Until then you aren't adding to the discussion, at least I put forth ideas on how reform might take place.
I even included things both sides of the aisle wants.
Money saving for the republicans, and a better path to reform for the prisoners.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Protesting has become terrorizing, speaking your mind will soon become protest, exercising your constitutional rights will soon be illegal, and already has in many states and cities in Amerika, but the sheeple will be fine as long as they do just what their told. if you don't like the way its ran, vote for it to change, oops , election fraud, can't change it there. but if you don't like it, better not complain, protesters are terrorist, and we wouldn't want anyone going to prison would we?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Starred for your excellent insight.

Now, how does this all start out?

Never ever met a mean, bad baby.

My grand daughter is abused mentally every single day..............she is ADHD and her mother has nick named her "stupid / retarded" - yet her mother maintains main custody of her daughter because the system could give a tuck about my grand daughter or any of your kids that are used as pawns in revengeful divorce games.

How many kids are left home alone from 3:30 - 6:00 PM?????

How many kids have both parents that give them quality time every single day?

How many kids come from broken homes?

How many kids are bullied and abused?

How many how many how many ?????

It all begins in youth - yes it does take a village to raise a child.

When I stayed home with my three sons and baby sat so I could bring in extra money - I had 9-11 year old kids hanging around just offering to help, just offering to stay out of the way but lonely for any adult to talk to them to be with them..............nice kids, still in contact with a couple that say they remember me being kind and making them lunch during the summer.

It has to do with Corporations that steal their parents away from their kids - they stress out the parents so much that there is nothing absolutely nothing left for most kids emotionally, or physically.

In order to have a NWO, An allegiance to "the NWO or Corporations (little kingdoms) you must destroy the family unit, you must destroy the sacred bond of marriage and love so the people grow up with only an allegiance to the "system".

I'm not even Christian and I can see this a mile off.

Again, tired of trying to warn the rest of the herd that the truck we are on is not headed for Disneyland, it's headed for the abattoir.

Our culture is trashy and non intellectual, our school system is dumbing our children down, TV and movies show the bad guy as usually winning and our video games are for the most part shoot them up violence............and most of you can't see how why the mayhem is increasing decade by decade?

We are not raising our children right period.

They are being abused, ignored and left to fend for themselves.

Read Lord of the Flies.
edit on 9-3-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

theres no end to American creativity where a dollar is involved.

No not America, the Global elite - the 1%. Most Americans are good, decent people being ripped off, torn apart and chewed up.
edit on 9-3-2012 by ofhumandescent because: changed from American elite to Global elite because this is now gone global.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
S&F for you. What an excellent post. Don't have time to read all of it but will later!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Your link again: www.goingfaster.com... should be read by everyone.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

It is not desired that addicts shake their problems with drugs because it would significantly interfere with the profits reaped by the biggest drug cartel operating in the world....our own U.S. government.

The American Government is chest deep (not even knee deep) in drugs and arms sales..............not to mention training military armies (non-American), killing off World Leaders that don't support our policy of pillaging and on and on it goes.

Yes it's hard to wake up and realize your good old Uncle Sam is a nasty, dirty old man hell bent on robbing you blind and eating your children..................reality bites.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Pigraphia

There is nothing to lobby for because there are already laws on the books, which the Big Wall Street Banks broke, "repeatedly", but I guess when you have the SEC and the politicians in your back pocket, nothing is going to change.

When you have the Big Banks and Mega Corporations controlling this country like we do, then good luck believing your going to change anything unless your at the top like the rest of them with money to throw around.
Money is what does the talking in this country and without, no-one will listen to you.

I do know the solution and it does not involve lobbying to the same criminals running the show.

It involves ending the conflict of interest that exist by allowing Wall Street Bankers and Head of Corporations to run for politics or lobbying where they can serve they and their cronies interests, rather than serving all Americans, which is what is best for the country.

There needs to be separation of Corporation and State to end these conflicting interests.
There also needs to be campaign finance reform where it involves one dollar, one vote, to give everyone equal voting power.

We are too far gone past the point of no return though where the Government and their cronies have the upperhand and power, and the majority of Americans are just going just along for the ride.

The majority of American's are also relinquished of any responsibility on what happens in this country as well, since these same criminals have taken away the rights and power (our voice) of us by using money as the voting medium and control of our government, of which the majority of American's in this country do not have as the top percent do.

If you want to give the responsibility back to the American people, then give their voice back by getting money out of politics. But we know what is not what they want.

edit on 9-3-2012 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
It's better to be low profile and build your deffenses, you will one day be forced to use them.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Becoming? It already is. It has been for years. The ACLU is just learning of this?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
What do you think the "war on drugs" has really been about.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Lyrics from a hit song from my younger days. Quite prophetic, I think. I'll redact the chorus to keep it short. Bonus points to the first one to name that tune. I can't really award points, but you get the idea.

Take your children and yourself and hide out in the cellar.
By now the fighting will be close at hand.
Don't believe the church and state
and everything they tell you.
Believe in me
I'm with the high command.

(chorus)

There's a gun and amnunition just inside the doorway;
Use it only in emergency.
Better you should pray to God
the father and the spirit.
Will guide you and protect you from up here.

(chorus)

Show allegiance to the flag whatever flag they offer.
Never hint at what you really feel.
Teach the children quietly for some day sons and daughters.
Will rise up and fight where we stood still.

(chorus)

I mention this because the song reminds me of how close we're getting to the scenario depicted in it.

edit on 9-3-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join