It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special ammo for shooting zombies

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
Well it's supposed to be solid copper projectiles for nephlim .....

Where'd you learn that? Let's see, I have some Barnes Vor-TX around here someplace.

What's the bag limit on Nephilim, anyway? I've heard they are quite gamey, unless you soak 'em in milk overnight....

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Ever try looking for firewood in the snow? Not so easy now is it? Not to mention, what if they thaw? I'd think really hot areas might almost mummify them, or at least cause them to decompose faster.

If you read the whole post I covered that.(unless someone else also said go north in which case they might not have explained why)
Thawing will actually help destroy them, the endless cycle of freezing and thawing will destroy the tissues faster.
It doesn't matter if it's virus, magic, divine judgement or demonic onslaught animating them.
The basic laws of physics apply, once a muscle cell is obliterated by thousands of ice crystals it's done.
Same with joints and connective tissue.

As for it being hard to survive I know its hard, but it's better than a death trap of the cities, or the far south which might mummify them but it won't kill them.
Not to mention unless you are talking swamp lands or jungles which have their own perils the north has more available resources.

TBH I've got several places to go when the SHTF whether it's riots, zombies, war etc...
I was just sharing one possible place to hold out against zombies and why it would be a good hold out.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

Your method hopes the disease is only human to human.
If the scavengers become infected they already have the tools to take us down, add the strength boost that comes with being a zombie which is basically being rabid and no fear of life and now you have predators born to kill after you.
Insects that carry the diseases to you.
Even if the disease is only human to human an insect can still be a carrier and pass it on to you through a bite or just landing on your food.

Less bugs up north.
Of the scavengers that do exist if it's human to animal they won't make it past one winter.
Extreme cold would destroy the bodies those that don't can be gathered during the day and destroyed in such a fashion that the disease can't be transmitted.

It's not just the zombies you have to worry about it's the transmission of the disease.
The closer to the equator the more disease transmission there is simply because there is a higher density of life.

Could you survive going south probably, as I said in another post north is only one of my options.
South has more vegetation for food, but more things to eat you not counting the zombies.
North less food and still things to eat you.
South insects which carry disease.
North less disease.

Your in 5 days everything will be fine in the south is very unrealistic.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

This guy is shuffler food... running around screaming,every walker nearby will hear him,and come for him.Instead of hiding or trying to be clever,he is rolling over cars like some kind of action star. Then screaming some more. He doesnt seem to be aiming for the head. Don't follow the example of this man if you want to survive for any period of time.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Has anyone considered why the ad is so specific about not shooting living creatures, only zombies with these ammo?

Perhaps these rounds are recycled from a past zombie infestation suppression.

What did they think would happen trying to turn the Rabies Virus into an AIDS cure? Obviously the film "I Am Legend" (2007) was subliminal propaganda for in case another outbreak happened. Why else would the CDC offer a Zombie Preparedness 101 training course?
emergency.cdc.gov...

SURGEON GENERALS WARNING: If you rub these bullets on open wounds you might become a zombie.

Is what the package might ought to say. It's too bad it will be decades before public outcry and show trials will finally get that warning label on the package. The video of the ammo exectutives all saying they "had no idea those bullets cause brainlessness" will be priceless when Al Gore gets a hold of it for his new documentary. I predict in that film he'll still manage to twist the facts around to make it look like it was instead Global Warming that caused the zombie outbreak and not the brain dead rabies vaccine or the bullets contaminated with it.

When my prediction comes true I'll reference this post to back up my next claim that Al Gore himself has been infected with this HIGHLY contagious brain dead virus all along...
edit on 30-3-2012 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: zombies

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

What did they think would happen trying to turn the Rabies Virus into an AIDS cure? Obviously the film "I Am Legend" (2007) was subliminal propaganda for in case another outbreak happened. Why else would the CDC offer a Zombie Preparedness 101 training course?
emergency.cdc.gov...

Or it was a remake of the 1971 Charlton Heston movie Omega Man.
Same virus, same military doctor.
All they changed was the year, the city, and the title.

As for the bullets being recycled interesting theory but I see some flaws.
A virus doesn't have an indefinite shelf life, eventually it would die.
The Z bullets are hollow points if I recall correctly.
Hollow points can't be recycled unless you melt down the lead.
Heck even total metal jacket, or range wad cutters would deform so much that they would need to be melted down.
So even if they are recycled lead the process would sterilize them.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Sure, shooting a zombie in the head may kill it, but at the same time, you've just rang the dinner bell for every zombie within earshot....

And this why the best weapon for zombie apocalypse is this

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Sure, shooting a zombie in the head may kill it, but at the same time, you've just rang the dinner bell for every zombie within earshot....

The best weapon against a zombie remains your own two feet...get the hell away from them.

Those movies where you see a guy bashing in a zombie's head with a bat, or dismembering one with a chainsaw? Yeah, you remember seeing that infected blood going all over the hero's face? Well, in a real situation, that hero would be infected and become a zombie himself in no time!

Granted, I doubt there really is ever going to be an undead threat...but I can see a mutant form of airborne rabies being similar (and since that disease is nearly 100% lethal, a global pandemic would be a real possibility), but still, the advice is the same...killing one to then get the attention of many just isn't a good idea.

Undead would never work, flies eat dead flesh. Also, dead flesh cannot hear or hold the bones in place.

Wouldn't humans infected with a parasite that makes them eat other people also make them eat other infected people? Why wouldn't they know the difference or care.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by oniraug

Wouldn't humans infected with a parasite that makes them eat other people also make them eat other infected people? Why wouldn't they know the difference or care.

If we are talking parasite, that it's goal is self preservation and it would release pheromones to coordinate the attack.

As far as senses working or not the following video is not for the squeamish.
I also don't know 100% if it's real, but it seems legit.
Do not load video if you are squeamish or a dog lover, it is video of an experiment where a dogs head is animated sans body and given stimulation.
You have been warned.
The vid starts with a cartoon but that soon fades away to the real thing.

It could be more than a virus though it could be supernatural.

The point of a zombie thread is for fun, sure pointing out flaws to a certain extent is fine, I point them out to increase survival.
Pointing out how it's impossible is just party pooping.
edit on 31-3-2012 by Pigraphia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Majiq1

I guarantee that if a substantial number of nutcases start to believe that unicorns, and flying monkyes are real, and are going to be attacking them then you will find the ammo for them as well. It is about putting out a product that people will buy, and this was a very smart idea. Now every doomsdayer with an over active imagination, and a zombie fetish will buy their ammo.

Unicorns and flying monkeys are on the endangered species list and so protected.

What? Look it up...
edit on 5-4-2012 by kawika because: corectolated spel'n err

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Ruger MKIII would be much better for zombie CQ encounters, than this fancy ammo

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I prefer a sword .. shooting would bring attention to you after bringing one down
you will have 100 zombies running at you ..

Michonne would own them all

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

What kind of Sword?

Edged weapons kinda give me the creeps but if I were to study one maybe the Japanese Katana.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
reply to post by Ben81

What kind of Sword?

Edged weapons kinda give me the creeps but if I were to study one maybe the Japanese Katana.

Give you the creep .. your right on that .. can be very nasty
a hand gun would do a clean kill in the head .. that is the appealing part

Negative part
Amunition are heavy to carry .. slow you down
No more bullets... its over ...
Weapon block . its over

better be experienced with a edgy weapon then with a gun
it will make you quick and stealthy

Would love to have a Japanese Katana .. that is the most bad ass sword
very long, not heavy and very sharp

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I can assure you that Ruger Mk.III with silencer and subsonic ammo is no louder than a sound of a sword/axe crushing through the skull. And you probably wouldn't need subsonic ammo, just standard federal .22lr if yours ruger barrel is 4"-5". You could have a 1000 .22lr ammo in your backpack.
www.walmart.com...
.22 lr pistol for zombies and .223 or .308 rifle for humans and you are well geared to face zombie apocalypse

And BTW the Governor from "Rise of the Governor" book by Kirkman and Bonansinga, used Ruger pistol against zombies.

edit on 6-4-2012 by piotrburz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Katana vs Mountain Dew Bottle

Katana vs bullet

edit on 7-4-2012 by kawika because: corectolated spel'n err

edit on 7-4-2012 by kawika because: add video

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
We must first look at the origin of the zombie. The zombie came from the Caribbean voodoo cults and the undead were made that way by a special white powder which they ingested. Today, that same powder is smoked and you may have to kill one of those crackhead zombies in your house. They are real.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Maybe the zombie apocalypse is closer than we think.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.forbes.com...

Long story short,the Russians have a gun that attacks the nervous system and turns people into "zombies".

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join