It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special ammo for shooting zombies

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Sure, shooting a zombie in the head may kill it, but at the same time, you've just rang the dinner bell for every zombie within earshot....

The best weapon against a zombie remains your own two feet...get the hell away from them.

Those movies where you see a guy bashing in a zombie's head with a bat, or dismembering one with a chainsaw? Yeah, you remember seeing that infected blood going all over the hero's face? Well, in a real situation, that hero would be infected and become a zombie himself in no time!

Granted, I doubt there really is ever going to be an undead threat...but I can see a mutant form of airborne rabies being similar (and since that disease is nearly 100% lethal, a global pandemic would be a real possibility), but still, the advice is the same...killing one to then get the attention of many just isn't a good idea.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Well it's supposed to be solid copper projectiles for nephlim do why can't zombies need their own ammo?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Zombies. The living dead. The reanimation of a HUMAN corpse. Sure, I like playing zombie-killing video games as much as the next guy but if it came down to it could I shoot a zombie?
For survival - yes.

There's no doubt that during a "zombie apocalypse" most forms of current entertainment will be redundant. The practical replacement - sport hunting zombies. Zombies are the flesh-dripping, brain-dead, slow-shuffling, groaning, moaning corpses of the people you once knew or loved or saw walking down the streets at one time.

Though very much dead and very much not themselves anymore (well most of them
) their figures will undoubtedly still remain unchanged for a length of time.
Could you sport hunt the woman you saw walking down the street who tugged at your heartstrings once or the man who helped you when you locked your keys in your car?

The infatuation with slaughtering zombies like they're cattle is a strange thought. Because they're not animals. They were once people - and they still resemble people (to a degree). Maybe it's a subconscious desire to kill humans that drives the sport hunting zombie mentality - and that is why there is now ammunition designed specifically for this purpose.

But who's to say. Zombies aren't even real, right?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
They sell these at my range and no one there knows how they are so much better.
I've looked at the site and all they give are standard data stats like muzzle velocity, weight, pressure etc...
It's a marketing stunt and while I applaud them for it I think it is completely stupid.

They even have a warning to use the bullets only on zombies, not for use against animal, mineral, vegetable.
So I guess that means you aren't even supposed to test fire them at the range.

If they can pull off making money on this good for them.
The gun rights advocate in me says bad on them though.
It's stuff like this that gives the 2nd amendment a bad name and gives ammo to the left wing saying we are all gun "nutz" emphasis on "nutz" for being crazy enough to buy zombie bullets.
They can argue that the bullets trivialize the idea of the ammunition and shooting the human form and can allow disillusioned persons to think real people are zombies and shoot them.
At least that's how I think it will play out if someone ever uses these bullets and hurts someone IRL.

So yeah they make the company money but they could harm the 2nd amendment and it's supporters.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
And here's a nice little piece to run the zombie ammo thru:

www.impactguns.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Say the zombie Apocalypse happens.
Just go north people.
Fast zombies, slow zombies, super strong zombies.
Virus animated, magically animated.
All must follow the laws of physics.

They produce no body heat, so let them chase you up north.
Their joints will freeze over night, thaw during the day.
Repeat this process a few dozen days and their joints will fall apart.
Their muscles will be torn to shreds and liquify.
I don't care if they don't feel pain, your car doesn't feel pain(some do but that's a thread for the philosophy section) but it still stops working when it is broken.
We can't even survive in the cold with no protection and we are alive and produce heat.
You could even go out when they are still frozen to chop off a few heads just to be sure to reduce their numbers.

When the zombie apocalypse happens, I'm heading to Alaska.
On second thought forget everything I said stay where you are and play zombie shoot em up.
I'm sure the government will find a cure.

edit on 20-3-2012 by Pigraphia because: typo

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
you know what a real zombie would be in a shtf situation the ravenous hordes the government tells to fly a kite because they cant afford to help we all know how bad it was after katrina now imagine same situation country wide
nut know in walking dead world i would want 8 mm chambered mp 5 with sound suppression and a Beretta with silencer and a good ball bat or machete because the ones on that show here a gunshot its like ringing dinner bell

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33
you know what a real zombie would be in a shtf situation the ravenous hordes the government tells to fly a kite because they cant afford to help

That's funny I actually have a few "emergency kites" to break out and fly while laughing like a mad man if the SHTF.
Or if I just really want to freak people at campus out.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I would rather use a weapon thats silent and you dont need ammo like a sword or machete,all you have to do is sharpen occasionaly.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Id say the objective in attackign zombies is to remove their ability to spread infection or injure and kill others.....

So i would suggest either ammunition that paralyzes mucles or is anti-fungal or anti-viral, either through antibiotics... sterilization or phages which consume the offending bacteria or viruses. Infecting a zombie with something simple and stupid that loves to eat dead tissue seems like the best idea.

The problem would be the time in wich it would take the fungi or bacteria to reach the aforementioned goals. Muscle paralysis, if not permanent, will have its consequences.
edit on 23-3-2012 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I thought about buying some,i'm into zombies like everyone else or whatever. But I would be wary of protecting your home or self with them.If you shoot an attacker ,people have been known to file wrongful death lawsuits against the shooter. Claiming that they were deranged and actually thought the person was a zombie....There is a disclaimer on the box that says do not use on humans. So stupid.... >.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender
I pack silver tips.
They work on everybody
Werewolves
Shape shifters
Vampires
Witches
Transvestites
and Zombies

Please dont ask how I know about Zombies!!!

don't worry I'll not ask about the zombies, but how did you find out about the transvestites?
I thought cutting their heads off was the only way....

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by blasphemusbudda
I would rather use a weapon thats silent and you dont need ammo like a sword or machete,all you have to do is sharpen occasionaly.

and yeah, after your power arm goes weak after the fifteenth zombie your gonna want the guns to get away from those heard's. just sayin.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by tjack
And here's a nice little piece to run the zombie ammo thru:

www.impactguns.com...

zombie slayer? P--LEASE!!!!!

put an EOTECH sight on this bad boy, and you got yourself a real zombie slayer son.....
www.benelliusa.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I pack silver tips.
They work on everybody
Werewolves
Shape shifters
Vampires
Witches
Transvestites
and Zombies

I'm guessing you got that list out of a book.
Honestly silver bullets are a bad idea.
Silver is far to hard and will strip your filings and the bullets won't fly true anyway.

If you do have a need for silver bullets get hollow points with a silver ball in the hollow much like the snake bite ammo that puts small ball bearings in the hollow point.

Oh and you can never to wrong with alternating between blessed and cursed ammo.
You never know when you might piss both heaven and hell off and they team up to take you out.
Just make sure to load them alternating into your mags, or keep them separate and only use one type at a time.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
You would probably want to just use FMJ anyways.instead of a hollow point with a fancy green tip on it.Think about it.A S**t ton of zombies behind or in front of you would be a situation where you want that bullet to travel through the target and. hit more zombies behind the one you shot at.FMJ all the way for me.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Bodaciouschief

That's exactly why military bullets are FMJ while home defense use hollow point.
At home you want to minimize collateral damage.
In the field you want to hit as many things in a straight line as possible.

Good call on the FMJ I didn't even think about that.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

When the zombie apocalypse happens, I'm heading to Alaska.

Easy to say, but it will already be tough enough surviving without modern conveniences. You want to compound that with trying to fight the freeze of winter too?

There's a reason our ancestors feared the winter. It brought a lot of death back then. Seeing as how we'd be reverted to "back then", no reason to expect we will do too much better.

Ever try looking for firewood in the snow? Not so easy now is it? Not to mention, what if they thaw? I'd think really hot areas might almost mummify them, or at least cause them to decompose faster.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter

I pack silver tips.
They work on everybody
Werewolves
Shape shifters
Vampires
Witches
Transvestites
and Zombies

don't worry I'll not ask about the zombies, but how did you find out about the transvestites?
I thought cutting their heads off was the only way....

I was a soldier once and young, You Always Check for a Gun

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Don't head North---go South!!

Cold weather preserves corpses longer. In the humid subtropical climate, the bodies will rot away in the heat and your problem is over within 5 days anyway.

The flies would love it.

I'm still working on getting a permit for a trained vulture. Vultures love carcasses.....

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join