It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special ammo for shooting zombies

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Explorers traveling at the beginning of the XX century in the southeastern parts of New Guinea were puzzled by a strange disease of the locals. Named in the language of the Fore tribe "Kuru" ('trembling with cold and fever') and by Europeans "laughing sickness" due to the outbursts of laughter in its second phase, this disease puzzled the scientists for a long-long time. Three stages were described in the progression of the always fatal disease and the patient died in three to six months. First, an ambulant stage, with unsteadiness of stance, gait, voice, hands, and eyes; deterioration of speech; shivering; loss of coordination in lower extremities and dysarthria (slurring of speech). In the sedentary stage, the patient can no longer walk without support, more severe tremors and loss of coordination of the muscles, shock-like muscle jerks, emotional lability, outbursts of laughter, depression and mental slowing. It is important to note that muscle degeneration has not occurred in this stage, and tendon reflexes are usually still normal. In the last stage, marked by inability to sit up without support; more severe loss of coordination, tremor and dysarthria installs; urinary and fecal incontinence; difficulty swallowing; and deep ulcerations emerge due to brain.
reply to post by dawnprince

www.mayoclinic.com...=print

news.softpedia.com...

Zombie like in appearance....but I am sure regular bullets would kill them...so don't laugh to soon at a zombielike disease wiping people out.
edit on 8-3-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
It doesn't look like it would be much fun to be a zombie:

Prions....nasty proteins:

It seems that a protein alone is the infectious agent. The infectious agent has been called a prion. A prion has been defined as "small proteinaceous infectious particles which resist inactivation by procedures that modify nucleic acids". The discovery that proteins alone can transmit an infectious disease has come as a considerable surprise to the scientific community. Prion diseases are often called spongiform encephalopathies because of the post mortem appearance of the brain with large vacuoles in the cortex and cerebellum. Probably most mammalian species develop these diseases. Specific examples include: Scrapie: sheep TME (transmissible mink encephalopathy): mink CWD (chronic wasting disease): muledeer, elk BSE (bovine spongiform encephalopathy): cows

www.microbiologybytes.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnprince
Zombies are a figment of somebody's overactive imagination , so just shoot them with imaginary bullets and an imaginary gun . It would be far less expensive and you won't need a licence.

edit on 8-3-2012 by dawnprince because: (no reason given)

When the first commandment of theGeorgia Guidestones come to FRUITION and a virus is released that has the "ultimate impact" of causing the infected to seek out the uninfected... as proven mathematically as the ONLY way of putting a DENT in current world population numbers...

you'll come a' cryin' wishin you hadn't been so arrogantly trite with your little brainwashed-via-media as what is "fiction" and what is "plausible reality" ..

lols to you you when you get swarmed buddy...

you have NO clue about the grave, grave realistically PREVALENT danger you face in the very near future.

I say it will be 'blamed' on muslim extremists... but who am I.. just another ATSer...

you've been warned about biological attacks.
get yer duct tape ready.
edit on 3/8/2012 by prevenge because: inserted link

edit on 3/8/2012 by prevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnprince

Do you really feel a zombie apocoypse is not even possible? Nothing is impossible in this life, absolutely everything is beyond our reach! I mean this universe is so incredibly huge we could not even begin to imagine or download rather how much we really don't know about our immediate universe. Sure we have math and science but it's never exact and you couldnt quite even feel you truly know! I think it's so amazing that we should all collectively care for our planet. And that goes into something else! Haha I'm just so curious how you believe a zombie apocolypse isn't possible.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnprince
Zombies are a figment of somebody's overactive imagination , so just shoot them with imaginary bullets and an imaginary gun

No, zombies are real, and growing in numbers. They can usually be identified by their Romney 2012 or Santorum 2012 yard signs, at places of worship on Sundays, and vegetating in front of their televisions in the evening hours.

Originally posted by kawika

Can't go outside today.

Geo-magnetic storm...

Just make sure you wear you obligatory ATS approved tinfoil hat and you'll be safe.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samsquanch
reply to post by kawika

FYI some marketing genius at Hornady came up with the idea to take the poorly selling V-Max low-powered Critical Defense ammo, throw a green tip on it, and rename it Zombie- Max. They nearly doubled the price and now gun stores can't keep it in stock. Make no mistake, the only thing special about the ammo is the box, that man is a marketing genius.

I will admit to buying a couple of boxes of .223 when I saw my gunsmith unboxing it when it first came out. I've got one loaded 30 rounder P-mag for the BCM AR-15 I keep in the corner

If anyone's interested, EOTEch recently put out their XPS2 Zombie Stopper Holographic site.
www.thefirearmblog.com...

Hopefully I won't buy it on an impulse too.

You talk like the Critical defense ammo is no good. It is very good ammo that is accurate and hits hard.
I carry it in my .45 and my .357 for home defense. If you haven't tried it you should.

And as for poor selling??? It's always sold out around my area. But yeah, the Zombie MAX is just the same exact ammo with a different colored rubber...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
What a waste of money, hollow points or explosive tips would do a better job.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Christ I cannot believe the serious discussion this is getting!!

Seriously?

The new slogan should be:
"Zombiemax, because Americans are THAT stupid!"

No offense intended.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mwood

I'm sorry if you misunderstood me, I have no issues with Hornady's Critical Defense ammo and use it myself.

I called it low-powered because it is; it has a light powder charge to reduce recoil and sound and is specifically designed to fragment on impact, reducing the risk of over penetration in a home defense situation whereas standard FMG would have no problem tearing through every sheet rock wall in your house then moving on to you neighbor's. The Critical Defense brand itself encompasses several different bullet load designations, V-Max being an older load that was being phases out for newer Critical Defense loads. A quick change of the tips and a spiffy new box and Z-Max ammo is born.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kawika

:O unicorn ammo ??? i should certainly hope not ! ive got a ninja unicorn and hes the best ever

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Special ammo for shooting zombies

The best, most reliable way to kill a zombie is as follows:

Look in the mirror and then with meaning, say:'I will NOT believe everything I read on the web or that my friends text me!'

Repeat as necessary.

Simple as that. Zombie dies.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Ok I'm back.

Working midnight to mornings since December.

Thats why I need the zombie ammo, they always come out at night I hear.

Lots of great replies. We have some great zombie expertise here, as usual.

Going to go check ebay and see if I can score one of those special tin foil hats so I can go outside.

K

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

haha made me lolz!!! brillaint post!!

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Zombie ammunition???

I guess it would depend on the zombie hoards that were after you.

28 Days Later type zombies would probably be best dispatched with a 12 gauge shotgun and some 00 buckshot.

However if they are Lumbering Dawn of the Dead zombies, a good pair of fast walking shoes and treadmills outside all home entrances ( doors and windows) would well serve a holed up person.

If, however, they are Shawn of the Dead type zombies, one could spray them in the face with shaving or whipping cream and effectively blind them.

I hope this information serves you well in the chance that you are forced to survive a future zombie onslaught.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Anything is possible when it comes to Zombies if they want to think it's possible then so be it preparing for a zombie apocalypse prepares for a majority of SHTF scenarios even biological threats.

Have to agree no one can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that zombies will never be with meddiling with stem cells and bio engineering and GMO foods and as the earths population increases mother nation and man both have ways of making them.

When it comes to zombies no special ammo is needed 2 in the chest 1 in the head or if your really good one in the head doesn't matter caliber.

No kidding the hundreds of zombies movies i have watched and the walking dead has given me things to think about and plan accordingly.

Zombie outbreak-mass civiil unrest,looting,chem bio attack.
edit on 15-3-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I saw some ammo for zombies a while back. On the box it says, "aim for the head!" I thought it was a little over the top but I guess it was intended as a joke.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by kawika

I guarantee that if a substantial number of nutcases start to believe that unicorns, and flying monkyes are real, and are going to be attacking them then you will find the ammo for them as well. It is about putting out a product that people will buy, and this was a very smart idea. Now every doomsdayer with an over active imagination, and a zombie fetish will buy their ammo.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
reply to post by jude11

Ok, if zombies are not real, why do they put up warning signs on the freeway? Huh.

Debunk that...

Zombies ahead

Um.. people have the signs on the road all the time and make them say crazy stuff. As far as the yellow warning sign, they are sold as novelties. I really hope that you are just joking because if you truly believe that zombies are out running around on the streets and the Dept. of Transportation are warning us then you have some serious mental issues and should seriously seek some help.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Ok, I should have read the whole thread before replying. I admit I thought the OP was being serious for a moment there... This being ATS and all.

I feel much better now

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
The creation of the zombies is based on people that were put into a trance and their bloodflow slowed so when cut they did not bleed. In a short time rigamortis sets in and they get stiff. They also felt no pain. I watched a video on the horsemen of some Island that fought some invading forces some time long ago. I can't remember if they were English or Spanish forces. The video showed people in this trance getting stuff poked through them and firewalking. They had to pry his hands off the horse stick when they brought him out of it. I'm sure this sort of hypnosis was used in Odins army, sounds like the ruins make reference to something like it. A shot to the head would kill them if they were coming at you or you could just walk away at a fast pace. Maybe just wake them up out of their trance or play a boom box and they will start dancing..

I don't think we have to worry about Zombies. Unless it's your kids coming at you with a stretched hand looking for money to go out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join