It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coke, Pepsi make changes to avoid cancer warning

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I personally survive on soda because I rarely get enough sleep anymore and a Mountain Dew has just the right amount of caffiene and sugar boost that I need. I don't drink coke and pepsi very often because they make my teeth feel funny, but it's interesting that they would just now stamp them for having carcinogens in their soda when I think all sodas are carcinogenic.. But so is everything else so what to do? I think I'll continue drinking soda because it not only keeps me awake, but people use it as quite the fine mixer.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
why do corporations break down and listen to broke ass california. uhoh mice get cancer for consuming toxic level of a chemical found in minuscule amounts in pepsi and coke. oh no cali wants to be lead free so my company stopped using lead in its plumbing manufacturing even the firearm industry is making bullets in accordance with out lead cores instead they use plastic cores. seriously you want to make you sodas healthier quit using high fructose corn syrup switch back to regular sugar for sweeter and quit worrying about cali eventually their big one will hit and they will slide in to pacific

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
This is just a group of people trying to impose their religion of alternative health on everyone else. Health nuts NEVER shut up about all the "unhealthy" things everyone is doing. They mask their hatred for things people like behind the guise of health and come up with things like this.
They want people to not drink soda, so they try to find things that say the coloring is bad for you or the high fructose corn goop is bad for you, and that you should drink something more natural. like sugar? Hell no! Asking something like that is likely to trigger a convulsion followed by rant about how bad sugar is for you and how THAT causes cancer too.
I recently did a thread about environmentalisim the religion. I think i should do one on alternative health too.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DavidWillts

You can consider me to be quite the health nut, sure.

However, I will never try to impose my lifestyle on anyone else, as it stresses me out that I am this way half of the time. Personally, processed foods make me sick as my stomach is sensitive and I grew up on veggies from the garden. Soda, I will enjoy one every once in awhile but it just doesn't make me feel hydrated. I've always wondered why that is, but that's besides my point.

In my opinion, I could care less what anyone but me eats because I should only be worried about myself as I realise I cannot control what others decide to eat/drink and it is futile to try and sway their opinions. Just as it'd be futile for someone who doesn't care what they eat to attempt to change my opinion.

I say, let them eat cake.

....And for those who believe cake is too unhealthy, let them eat carrots.

Everyone is happy

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
/me runs to grab knife and fork

Did you say Cola flavoured mice??????? GENIUS!

(also, stupid coke, why must it taste so good, but kill so much!! gah!)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
It's related to the caramel i believe and here is a little snippet about E.150 (a to d)

E150(a) Plain caramel dark brown colour made from sucrose; the HACSG* recommends to avoid it. used in oyster, soy, fruit and canned sauces, beer, whiskey, biscuits, pickles
E150(b) Caustic sulphite caramel see E150(a)
E150(c) Ammonia caramel see E150(a)
E150(d) Sulphite ammonia caramel see E150(a)
From www.foodreactions.org...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Right up there with water and oxygen - 2 of the most dangerous substances on the earth!

My word, you people still exist, don't you? As if it even needs to be argued that Pepsi or Coke is almost 100% a health-threatening poison.
edit on 9-3-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

This is just a group of people trying to impose their religion of alternative health on everyone else. Health nuts NEVER shut up about all the "unhealthy" things everyone is doing.

umm you do realize this is about California law that would merely make them put a cancer warning because of the ingredients. The law isn't making them change anything, just inform the customer. Because the soda companies don't want to admit their product is dangerous, THEY opted to change the formula enough to slip past having that warning on the package.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Maybe coca cola have decided that if their custumors live longer they can get more cash out of them.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Stop drinking colas and sodas people it is ABSOLUTE GARBAGE

Water. ALL you need is water.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I drink Pepsi.

I'm still here.

Everything causes cancer these days.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
personally i do not drink the stuff i think its disgusting....

the fact it can shine up metal pretty well worries me, and the fact it can remove blood stains etc... tis potent stuff and i wouldnt want that @#$! in my body !

i think most peeps know that its tainted with god knows what, but peeps consume many different things that are bad for them.... and we're all slowly dying anyways... a terminal illness called life lol

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
They can sugar coat anything they want but my husband and I are two of the few that will not touch sodas even if we were dying from dehydration and soda was the only thing available.

The reason for this? no only because the sugars, corn syrup or additives but because I developed kidneys stones during the 80s after drinking nothing more but sodas during that time in my life.

Passing stones are not funny.

Since I stop drinking sodas in the 80s I never had any problem with kidney stones or infections since then.

Sodas are poisons to the body.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I guess it's good that they`re being forced to reduce the carcinogens in the US versions (hopefully to be globally but I`m somewhat doubtful). What strikes me as disturbing here is that there is actually an american beverage association. Is there really an association for everything in modern government? What ever happened to drinking actual beverages.... like juice and water.... why were things ever allowed to get so complicated....

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
"COLA 2012"

stop the murder ! lol

i like a cold coke now and then

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
What a load of horse crap i have drank coke cola for over 30 years a lot of it and guess what?

I don't have cancer this is due to California stupidity hell the Fda said you would have to drink 1000 cans a day to come close to the amounts they were talking about.

Never thought i would live through another change in the formula but here we go again.

Don't really want to politicize the thread but hell we all know who to blame here.

Hell Peanut butter causes cancer, Tobacco causes cancer alcohol causes cancer.

Name one person who has ever gotten cancer from drinking coke or pepsi

You can't.
edit on 9-3-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

This is just a group of people trying to impose their religion of alternative health on everyone else. Health nuts NEVER shut up about all the "unhealthy" things everyone is doing.

Because the soda companies don't want to admit their product is dangerous, THEY opted to change the formula enough to slip past having that warning on the package.

Go back and read the thread, soda is not dangerous. A person could not physically drink enough soda in a day to get those levels of the chemical in question.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidWillts
This is just a group of people trying to impose their religion of alternative health on everyone else. Health nuts NEVER shut up about all the "unhealthy" things everyone is doing. They mask their hatred for things people like behind the guise of health and come up with things like this.

Oh all that hate they have inside in trying to make the entire population healthier, they should be shot down for caring about everyone like that!

They want people to not drink soda, so they try to find things that say the coloring is bad for you or the high fructose corn goop is bad for you, and that you should drink something more natural. like sugar?

Good luck finding drinks with real sugar theses days! Close to impossible.
Don't worry, if we forced those companies to tag on the can directly that HFCS causes diabetes, they would change the recipes...while people like you that don't care about anyone but yourself, would complain about others wanting to help people get healthy

Hell no! Asking something like that is likely to trigger a convulsion followed by rant about how bad sugar is for you and how THAT causes cancer too.

Sugar isn't great I agree, but it's better. Everything in life should be used in moderation, good and bad.

I recently did a thread about environmentalisim the religion. I think i should do one on alternative health too.

Please tell us how your wisdom in not caring is so much superior then others trying to make the world a better place.

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
Because the soda companies don't want to admit their product is dangerous, THEY opted to change the formula enough to slip past having that warning on the package.

Yes, thank you Phishy, I rarely agree with you.
It may sound "controlling" to some, but I believe this is one little step towards better ingredients in our food.
Consumers should ask the same for GMO's, we the public are the bosses of corporations, we are the ones making them live off our money. They will change if we stop buying.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Are they removing the BPA in their cans yet? That's an even bigger culprit for diabetes and heart disease than the sugars in it!!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I give thanks to my parents for not indulging us to the soda business. No Coke for me, just plentiful of water and lemon slices.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join