Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Ron Paul to Speak in Springfield mo. This Saturday

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Just wanted to let everyone know that Ron Paul will be speaking in Springfield this Saturday March 10th at 7pm at Hillcrest high school gymnasium.

www.facebook.com...

If you would like to find out just how fun and easy the delegate process is you can arrive early 6pm in the high school cafeteria for an informative lecture/presentation on the process and what to expect at Caucus.

edit on 8-3-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Delegate process... you mean vote-rigging?

Way to go, Ron Paul! Teach the entire nation how to let the minority rule the majority!

What a sap.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I thought I would mention that this finally puts an event of interest literally in my back yard. I'll be attending this for personal interest, but also to "cover" the event as a practice exercise in my class work experience. I'll be happy to add whatever I have to other reports which may come afterward. If no one else goes from ATS, I suppose I'll make a thread just for this. Either way.....ATS will have at least ONE of it's own members there to relate and share pictures of what happened.

If anyone else from the site plans on being there, feel free to U2U me and maybe we can coordinate a little. heck, I'd at least buy ya a cup of coffee out of sheer novelty of actually meeting someone from here.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'll go sweet first pres. Candidate I'll ever meet that's really cool.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Ron Paul is only teaching people how the system works. The system that applies to every delegate and every vote cast.

He's a sap because he's showing how something works?

The system sucks. Votes can be rigged. He's providing information. Thank you Ron Paul.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Ron Paul said:

The mainstream media got the Super Tuesday story wrong. Very wrong. Again.

I'm sure you heard them gleefully talk about which establishment candidate "won" which primary or caucus Tuesday night, if you were even watching. Most Americans thankfully had more sense and switched on something else.

The fact is, just like in many of the earlier contests, very few delegates to the Republican National Convention were decided on Tuesday. Most will be decided several weeks, or even months, from now at District and State conventions - conventions where our local delegates will have a big say in who goes to Tampa.

In fact, while I didn't win any state's straw polls, my team expects me to win a plurality of delegates in at least three states, as well as outright majorities in two more of the states that have already started their process.

Of course, the media totally ignores this story - as they have consistently ignored our message, our passion, and our grassroots army.

Even more lost in the shuffle is that no candidate for President has even made it one-third of the way toward the number of delegates needed to win the nomination.

And for that reason I am determined to proudly battle on, picking up more delegates and skewering the pretensions and historical rewrites of ALL the establishment candidates – Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum, and Newt Gingrich.

And I will continue to proudly speak up for liberty, respecting the Constitution in domestic and foreign policy, and returning to a limited government that acts and spends within its means.

And I will continue to do so as long as you will stand with me.

So what does all of that mean?

It means this race is FAR from over. In fact, you could argue it is just getting started. With the decisive number of delegates still to be awarded between now and June, and with our activists swarming local and county delegate selections, you and I will surely end up with an army of delegates...

… IF we don't give up now.

I know it can be tempting to hear and believe the reports of how we can't win. Even worse, you can listen to the professional political class tell you that ideas, the grassroots, and the future do not matter. They rarely say it directly, but their message to you and me from Day One has been - if you cannot win it all this year, you shouldn't even try. It can be tempting to question whether or not all the hard work is worth it.

Well, I know it is. That's why I'm flying thousands of hours and crisscrossing the country. That's why I am leaving my family and home for weeks on end - to fight for the future of our movement and our country.

I am vowing to you today that I will keep fighting. I will fight in every convention and every place where delegates will be selected. I will fight until there is a clear winner - not because the media says that’s the end, but because the nomination has been clinched.

And by my calculations, that may never actually happen. Even if one candidate starts to rack up a clear advantage, it is unlikely he will have all the delegates needed to win on the first ballot.

And if that is the case, then the hundreds of delegates who support our ideals and my campaign (many of whom may be bound to another candidate for the first ballot or two but then free to vote their conscience), will be unleashed.

And they will hold the key to deciding the nominees for President and Vice President, as well as what the platform and policies of the Republican Party will be.

These things – and, even more, the long-term standing of the liberty movement - are worth fighting for, even when we are tired and feel like quitting.

www.ronpaul2012.com...

edit on 8-3-2012 by antar because: Link

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by KwisatzHaderach

Hope to see you there!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Check your in box!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

In the past the majority has ruled the minority, this is true transparency of the electoral process.

Than you for joining the discussion all views are welcome.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Just did checked and thanks for the note. It'll be a bit better when we know someone there. My wife immediately joined in on the idea when I told her tonight, so it looks like it'll be her, and our son as well. I'll enjoy hearing Dr. Paul and our son will get an experience he'll probably hold special for a life time. He's never seen someone in person that is a major name and face on TV. It should be real neat from his perspective. Later he can think back after learning the rest about who the guy from TV is. lol...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Oh how wonderful!!! I am so happy to hear that you will be bringing your family. I too will be bringing as many of mine as can get away for the evening.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Here is a little video that was put out about the Presidential town hall event scheduled for this Saturday March 10th.

I have butterflies!
edit on 9-3-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Now in keeping within the boundaries of this threads purpose, a funny thing was also scheduled on the same day as Ron Pauls speech in Springfield.

rick santorum Will be appearing at a digital surveillance venue in Springfield at 2 pm...

So, looks like the news media wanted to overshadow Ron Pauls visit to Springfield with lots of coverage of rickies visit but very little of Ron Pauls.

When I went to the local news station website to look for an interview one of the Patriots did about the Townhall, I could not find anything about Ron Paul until I clicked the link about santorm and halfway down the page low and behold was a blurb about :"And also in Springfield on the same day will be..."

edit on 9-3-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Oh you most defiantly will.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

There is another way of looking at that too....if one wants to look for the silver lining. Santorum's event won't directly overlap Paul's, but it brings more media to town than Paul might have attracted by himself. So...While they're here anyway...I'm sure they'll stick around for the Paul event a few hours later.

In a way, Santorum probably added to Ron Paul's coverage.
I suppose I'll see by the media crowds in a couple hours.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Well, I came..I saw...and my take on the evening is mixed. Extremely mixed. That means as extreme to the good, as the bad. I'm going to do a thread later on it, with photos I shot tonight. There was a major issue, but it had nothing to do with Dr. Paul. He was everything I'd hoped for seeing him in person. If he's not still in the race by Nov, I absolutely will be writing him in, as I did in 2008.

He's not simply the only one I can stomach, even if that means writing him in, he's the only one I can sincerely say I *WANT* to see sitting in that Office and making decisions which change the course of history.

I flat out will NOT vote for the lesser of two evils just because society tells me I'm supposed to. I did that for several cycles and I'm tearing a page from Nancy Reagan and 'Just Saying No'. It's my vote, and this man has it. Doom on anyone who doesn't like it.

That decision is one I really made concrete in my mind this evening. No more compromise when the compromise itself is enough to be sick over.

I'll be back later for the rest. Likely sometime after U.S. Central midnight.
I need some time to collect my thoughts, and the hundreds...upon hundreds..of photos. I probably went a little overboard, and it'll take a bit to get the few that best show the points everyone will likely find most interesting.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

DR Ron PAUL Packs the house!

In a huge event tonight Dr Ron Paul was the hard hitter everyone came to support. As 1500 people filed in to the Hillcrest gymnasium the energy was high and the people were waving banners and cheering on as he entered the building.

Accompanied by his wife and Grand Daughters, Ron Paul delivered a message so loud and clear that if he becomes the GOP candidate his first executive order will be to END THE 100 year contract with the FED!!!

Just got home but will upload what I have for you to watch and listen to. What an incredible evening!

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
One thing I want to leave you all with is that Dr Paul said that even though he has been to speeches where he had 2-3 thousand supporters, they did not equate to votes!

Now, here is something so powerful, so profound it is a real testament to what Dr. Ron Paul sated about getting out to your county caucus and becoming the voice through your vote where it counts!

www.dailypaul.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

LOl, santorum drew only a couple hundred!

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Reality Check:
What do the 'real' Republican delegate numbers look like?
www.fox19.com... 820419#.
edit on 10-3-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join