It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radio Talker George Noory Narrowly Escapes Kidnap in Mexico

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I think people are fools for going to Mexico and risking their lives and spending money to prop up the drug cartels. But hey not everyone is blessed with common sense.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
I think people are fools for going to Mexico and risking their lives and spending money to prop up the drug cartels. But hey not everyone is blessed with common sense.

Nice....guess you are one who never goes anywhere outside of your "safe room"? Do you really believe what you just posted? Sad.....

I would like to find out how many people saying Mexico is a bad area personally know anyone that has been kidnapped or had some crime against them while there. Then tell me how many people you personally know who have been mugged, robbed or raped in your own country. There is crime everywhere....MSM in the US hypes up international crime as a way to keep Americans in their own country spending money and thinking they may die if they cross the border.

Sure kidnappings happen, but they are usually either planned well ahead on someone who is very wealthy (or relative) or young children for trade. So unless you fit into those very general categories (and by fit I mean a well known wealthy family) then your chances of being kidnapped or mugged in Mexico are just as likely as your chances of the same thing happening in your country.

Remember ATS motto : Deny Ignorance

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
There is a good business in taking businessmen hostage in latin america. They dont ask for millions, just a few thousand so it doesn't become some major issue, and then release em fairly quickly once payment is done.

I would venture to say this is one of those occasions...at least at face value. Driving a limo in mexico, man in suit, etc...ya, thats a pretty big target.

Hint: When in Rome, do as the romans do..aka, dress down, take taxi's, etc...(when in mexico or the like)...and grow some scruff.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro
I was just listening to an old radio broadcast with George Noory when I saw this thread. Too bad he had a bad experience here. Very good he was not hurt but most such incidences do not involve injuries or any excessive violence, and they are fairly rare. Please don't tell me there is no chance of getting mugged or robbed in the US. One needs to be alert no matter where they travel.

Having lived most all my life in the US and now having been retired in Mexico for the past six years I can tell you honestly I feel safer in my city of about 1 million population in the central highlands of Mexico than in the coastal town I lived in in California. If you feel uneasy about visiting Mexico it does not bother me in the least if you don't want to come here and decide to stay home or vacation somewhere else.

I go to Puerto Vallarta and drive from the USA border, oh, 2x annually. I stop on the way and spend over three months in Mexico. I can't wait to make the move permanently.

I agree with you btw no likeee, stay away.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi

You don't have to drive to mexico to support drug cartels...buying a burger at McDonalds pays wages to some tween rec drug user...and those drugs come from elsewhere...
Frankly, going to mexico and purchasing legit services gives employment to mexicans and keeps some away from the lifestyle.
Funny, isn't it..you do more to support the cartels with your daily activities here than a trip to there (hypothetically speaking, but makes sense)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Oh really? George is gonna be kidnapped in NYC? Stop it. Sure anything is possible but unlikely. Meanwhile, Mexico is running rampant with political corruption (Lulz compared to the world but is true) and Mexican cartel thugs target foreigners, especially Americans, for kidnapping. Last I heard, I don't have to worry about being kidnapped in NYC for ransom.

I'm all for you staying wherever you are. It is your right and I fully support it and your opinion.

Mexico is not for yoou, stay away, beware the boogie men here are hyooge and they will bite your booty.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
Sure kidnappings happen, but they are usually either planned well ahead on someone who is very wealthy (or relative) or young children for trade.

Disagree on this point. I addressed it in my previous post though
the grab a yankee business dude is a pretty common practice. Not wildly dangerous mind you, but it happens a lot. Trick is to just, as I suggested, dress down.
Also being aware of your surroundings is a good idea.

I travelled lots of the world. I never had an issue..I was sent by my company and yep, had plenty of suits and ties..and wore them only going directly to or from work...otherwise, I would basically mirror whatever blue collar workers wore..be it in italy, spain, egypt, etc...and either got rides from locals, or used taxis..didn't use (unless I had to) rental cars as that is a giveaway also.

I never had any issues in my travels.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
To George:

I sympathize to your situation. But you have to ask yourself why you weren't armed when these armed men with shields game to brutalize and arrest people like you. No one ever said freedom and achieving peace is an easy endeavor. It sounds like there isn't enough people where you live who denounce the state. You need to spread these ideas to affect change. But if you want people to listen to you, you can't be a hypocrite.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I like the guy and his shows, but do not really have much compassion for him and the other college kids who get wacked out in Mexico. Don't people know by now not to visit there? Anyway glad he made it and watches his 6 more often.

U

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by USarmyFL
I like the guy and his shows, but do not really have much compassion for him and the other college kids who get wacked out in Mexico. Don't people know by now not to visit there? Anyway glad he made it and watches his 6 more often.

I'm all for you staying wherever you are. It is your right and I fully support it and your opinion.

Mexico is not for yoou, stay away, beware the boogie men here are hyooge and they will bite your booty.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DorianSoran
reply to post by CaptChaos

According to the most recent homicide figures published by the Mexican government, 47,515 people were killed in narcotics-related violence in Mexico between December 1, 2006 and September 30, 2011, with 12,903 narcotics-related homicides in the first nine months of 2011 alone. While most of those killed in narcotics-related violence have been members of TCOs, innocent persons have also been killed. The number of U.S. citizens reported to the Department of State as murdered in Mexico increased from 35 in 2007 to 120 in 2011.

Gun battles between rival TCOs or with Mexican authorities have taken place in towns and cities in many parts of Mexico, especially in the border region. Gun battles have occurred in broad daylight on streets and in other public venues, such as restaurants and clubs. During some of these incidents, U.S. citizens have been trapped and temporarily prevented from leaving the area. TCOs use stolen cars and trucks to create roadblocks on major thoroughfares, preventing the military and police from responding to criminal activity. The location and timing of future armed engagements is unpredictable. We recommend that you defer travel to the areas indicated in this Travel Warning and to exercise extreme caution when traveling throughout the northern border region.

While its not as hyped as the media wants you to think, it's still a problem.

Travel Warning

Dorian Soran

the good doctor.
edit on 9-3-2012 by DorianSoran because: forgot the link

US stats:

As of 2008, statistics report that of 16,277 murders, 10,568 were committed by males, 1,176 were by female, and 4,533 were committed in which the offenders sex was unknown. Likewise, 5,334 murders were committed by white offenders, 5,943 were committed by black or black and Hispanic offenders, 273 were committed by offenders of other races, and 4,727 murders were committed by offenders whose race is not known.

multiply that by five years, like the stats you are quoting, and you get 81,385 murders. Hm.....seems about DOUBLE in the US compared to dangerous Mexico.

And as far as narcotics-related violence, 85% of homicides in the US are ALCOHOL related. Better make that stuff illegal.
edit on 10-3-2012 by CaptChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
OH MY GOD! THIS IS THE FIRST I'VE HEARD!

MY/OUR LOVE GOES OUT TO GEORGE (& FAMILY)!

ALL "CELEBRITIES" & "EVERYONE" WHOEVER YOU ARE SHOULD BE ON THE ALERT!

POOR GEORGE (WHO HAS DONE ONLY GOOD FOR "EVERYONE" IN THE WORLD!) & HIS FAMILY!

GLAD HE IS OKAY!

GEORGE CERTAINLY HAD "HEAVENLY PROTECTION" FROM "ABOVE" (NO DOUBT FROM HIS WONDERFUL DAD WHO SADLY VERY RECENTLY PASSED OVER) AND ON "EARTH" THANKS TO THE "SAINTLY" DRIVER TO WHOM HE OWES HIS LIFE! WOW!

WE LOVE YOU GEORGE!

...................................................................................................................................................... ...........
BOO TO THE DESPICABLE EVIL SCUM LIMOUSINE DRIVER (SOON TO BE DRIVING A LIMO IN THE REAL "HELL" SPIRITUAL REALM ) -- GEORGE USUALLY CARRIES A GUN? HINT, HINT!

edit on 10-3-2012 by neotech1neothink because:

edit on 10-3-2012 by neotech1neothink because:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
George Noorey is one of the biggest idiots on the planet.
Here's some fun documented quotes from old George:

"I would guess your mind is part of who you are."

"I truly believe there are other solar systems out there. I really do."

"A story is worth a thousand words."

"Can you add hydrogen to, say, gasoline... or does that defeat the purpose?"

"Who or what was the Great Pyramid?"

George: "But you don't know what it was you saw."

Jeremy: "No. It was a UFO. It was unidentified. I can't say what it was but I can say what it wasn't: It wasn't a plane, a helicopter, a blimp--so you tell me what it was."

George: "Could it have been an angel?"

Jeremy: "A what? What do you mean? I just described a round craft, porthole windows...How would that be an angel?"

George: "You seem sure it was aliens. What if it was angelic beings?"

Jeremy: "Angelic beings? That need a ship to fly around in?"

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by WillowToadie
George Noorey is one of the biggest idiots on the planet.
Here's some fun documented quotes from old George:

"I would guess your mind is part of who you are."

"I truly believe there are other solar systems out there. I really do."

"A story is worth a thousand words."

"Can you add hydrogen to, say, gasoline... or does that defeat the purpose?"

"Who or what was the Great Pyramid?"

George: "But you don't know what it was you saw."

Jeremy: "No. It was a UFO. It was unidentified. I can't say what it was but I can say what it wasn't: It wasn't a plane, a helicopter, a blimp--so you tell me what it was."

George: "Could it have been an angel?"

Jeremy: "A what? What do you mean? I just described a round craft, porthole windows...How would that be an angel?"

George: "You seem sure it was aliens. What if it was angelic beings?"

Jeremy: "Angelic beings? That need a ship to fly around in?"

Hi,

I FULLY assure YOU WillowToadie...

GEORGE is an ENLIGHTENED human being who is LIGHT YEARS BEYOND all of his guests!

George is a consummate professional who PLAYS ALONG/PLAYS DUMB with his guests for the BENEFIT of his BRAND NEW LISTENERS in order NOT to scare off those old worlders LEARNING about this NEW EXCITING world.

I'm NOT surprised that GEORGE comes out with the INANE things he does!

IF I HAD TO SIT - NIGHT IN AND NIGHT OUT - IN FRONT OF HALF THE "IDIOT GUESTS" THAT HE HAS TO SUFFER EVERY NIGHT, THEN I'D BE BABBLING CRAZY TOO! HALF THE REASON WHY I CHERRY PICK ONLY GEORGE'S VERY BEST GUESTS TO LISTEN TO.

COAST TO COAST RULES!

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Other Nooryisms:

"You do something annual every year, don't you?"

"I wonder if chupacabras are... Baby mothmen?"

After hearing a caller's dog.howling in the background, "Are you sure that's not bigfoot?"

Regarding the Mayan doomsday, "Maybe an asteroid will hit the earth or the magnetic poles will shift... Or maybe the guy making calendars ran out of paper."

"Why would an alien craft abduct a logger? These are questions we need to ask."

When interviewing Sylvia Brown, "Sylvia, is it true that in some states its illegal for psychics to play the lottery?"

When a caller was telling George about how he put together a chemistry toy from a science museum gift shop,
"You must have been a boy genius!"

"Are you doing prophecies.. of the future?"

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

CaptChaos - THANKS FOR THE LAUGH!

I JUST LOOOOOOOOOOOVE YOUR ORIGINAL, CUTE & CLEVER MOUSEY AVATAR!

YOU SHOULD WIN THE PRIZE - PAWS DOWN!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join