It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Rush To Rescue 30 Dolphin As They Beach Themselves

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Check out this short clip from Brazil. Thirty dolphins washed ashore, the newscaster says the animals were confused, confusing the shore with the ocean... but in any case, humans came to the dolphins rescue and saved the day. All thirty dolphins swam happily into the right direction.

Thanks for all the fish!

edit on 8-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
And people think dolphins are smart...

Anyway, those Brazilians messed up. Dolphin meat is tasty and nutritious. I wonder how many hungry people could be fed with 30 dolphins. 1,000?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's illegal. Dolphins are smart, Dolphins greet each other by name

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
What?

They were just coming up to tell us "thanks for all the fish"

You gotta wonder where we would be right now if there was some creature that kept "helping" by throwing the first land adventuring fish back into the primordial oceans. (hint: no land animals= NO HUMANS)
Maybe the dolphins are trying to evolve. Nature does fine without us.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

No, that's just something I threw in.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
here's the other thread about it... u were a lil late!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Wonder what made them get confused. It didn't say what time this happened. Could it have something to do with the solar flare? I think they use the earth's magnetic field to navigate the ocean, so maybe the flare had something to do with it?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyteeny

It happens! Nothing came up when I did a search but I didn't look to see if it was posted in this forum. One day, if you make a thread, it will happen to you.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Awesome video, Thanks for sharing! I love dolphins and seeing the good in the human spirit come together to save some stranded dolphins is awesome.

DaTroof - And people think dolphins are smart...

Dolphins don't have GPS, roads, or cars to get around, they rely on their senses and are incredibly smart - I would love to see you find a destination 500 miles away with nothing but your feet.
edit on 8-3-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Originally posted by ladyteeny

It happens! Nothing came up when I did a search but I didn't look to see if it was posted in this forum. One day, if you make a thread, it will happen to you.

yeah i know.. i see it all the time
it's just sometimes useful to know about another one cos there might be other info in it, i've seen that all the time too

doubt if i'll ever need to make a thread on here, this place is better than reuters!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2
Wonder what made them get confused. It didn't say what time this happened. Could it have something to do with the solar flare? I think they use the earth's magnetic field to navigate the ocean, so maybe the flare had something to do with it?

Dolphins used "echolocation," or sonar, to navigate - man made sea vessels (subs, ships, aircraft) use sonar and it has a very negative effect on them even death at times. Might have been the case in this situation
edit on 8-3-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

just wanted to see if anyone else read about the affects of noise pollution in the oceans.this article goes on to say that the ocean are 30% more acidic from c02 and that it affects mammals like whales and dolphins.it goes on to say the acidification of the ocean causes sounds to travel futher in the water.

so im wondering if this could be making them confused from echolocation they use to navigate if sounds are traveling further in the oceans. last part just my opinion.

www.theecologist.org...

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by Talltexxxan

No, that's just something I threw in.

I know. I have the book "The ulimate hitch hikers guide to the galaxy" its about 800 pages. I havent read a page of it yet though. Im saving it for when the SHTF and I have nothing to do.

new topics

top topics

join