It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

homosexuals in the media *profound realisation*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Hello everyone.

I am not and never have thought of myself as a homophobe.

Saw a TV show where amongst other story lines a gay couple decided to get married and make it official etc.

Well the thing is ive always felt my self as a person who was 'tolerable' though with full agreement with gay rights, however after watching a compelling piece of TV drama i felt the same "good for you" teary eyed compassion that i had with a straight couple in just about every movie ever.

I think i have crossed the gap between toleration and understanding. I felt for them exactly the same as any couple in love which as a straight guy, i found hard to conceive for a gay couple before.

So i put it to you, in all honesty, do you understand or do you tolerate? and do you know the difference?

Biigs

edit on 8-3-2012 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
i dont care how you swing your boat in private just keep it decent in public and that goes for whatever way your sexuality floats as seeing two people in love generally makes me want to throw up when it gets too overtly for the media

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Go gay People!!!!!!! WOOOOO!!!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
As a gay male, I have to say I really respect you a lot for posting this. Thanks for acknowledging the major difference between tolerance and understanding/acceptance. Many people simply tolerate the issue of homosexual rights, equality, and the fact that we love the same as anyone else; however, they do not accept it in their heart of hearts. However, once people finally realize that people are people, no matter where their sexual interests lead them, and that true love knows no race, creed, or orientation, that's when true change occurs.

The world, and the ATS community, need more citizens like you. Thanks again for proving that it's possible to have a heart and a brain.

Much love,
OnewithAll

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I have a high tolerance and much acceptance to the point I have several gay friends. That said I am tired of having overly exaggerated snogging being thrown in my face. You want to make out with tongues and heavy petting GET A ROOM. Straight, Gay, Bi, TG I am equally biased about this, take it somewhere else! A kiss is fine as is holding hands, hugging and general affection. But practically having sex (or Mock sex) in front of me no matter your preference is not acceptable otherwise you are no more evolved then animals.

So…Go for Love! No matter the orientation! …BOOO slobbering on each other!

edit on 8-3-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Yep id say this goes for me too.

Over the top affection from anyone is not for public eyes and regarding the animals, im not fond of seeing them at it either!

new topics

top topics

join