It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

According to Nasa....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

Except no ancient civilization has anything to say about 2012. The closest you get is an inscription by the Maya describing a religious ceremony. Time and again people have come up with doomsday theories regarding celestial objects. And time and again people try to tie these theories to "ancient prophecies." And time and again NASA says they're wrong. And time and again NASA is right. So why do believe these "ancient prophecies" over NASA?

Your trust in NASA scares me.

I never said i believe in any such prophecy, but civilisations from antiquity have no known reason to lie, unlike NASA.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by chanel

Uh Yeah huh.

There may not be any prophecies that specifically state the year, but it's obvious that this world is in the process of disaster.

I don't see how anyone can ignore the increasingly extreme weather anomalies, and major increase in Sun activity.

Good thing you weren't alive during the time of the black plague then I guess. You would have really thought the world was coming to an end.

or the China floods in 1937

edit on 8-3-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Hay! My Leslie Hall video was removed. My bad, that's my fault. I'll make a thread chronicling some of her videos in the Music forum.

Back to the Nasa being honest topic, I don't think that the Government or Government funded agencies are honest to civilians, like ever.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by chanel
Hay! My Leslie Hall video was removed. My bad, that's my fault. I'll make a thread chronicling some of her videos in the Music forum.

Back to the Nasa being honest topic, I don't think that the Government or Government funded agencies are honest to civilians, like ever.

Nibiru, Elenin. NASA said they weren't a threat. People came on the forums daily last year to say they were. Nothing happened.

NASA told the truth.

Who lied?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by chanel

Uh Yeah huh.

There may not be any prophecies that specifically state the year, but it's obvious that this world is in the process of disaster.

I don't see how anyone can ignore the increasingly extreme weather anomalies, and major increase in Sun activity.

Good thing you weren't alive during the time of the black plague then I guess. You would have really thought the world was coming to an end.

You're adorable! I'm not trying to put across that my opinion is that the entire world is going to "end". It's just that things have gotten really peculiar lately...and I think that it's more than just conspiracy theorists taking things out of context.

That's the attitude that Nasa seems to be using. It's frightening having to worry about what could happen because of some whacked out Solar Storm.

Plus, the Ancient prophecies added on top of all of it, is like icing on poop pie.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Nibiru, Elenin. NASA said they weren't a threat. People came on the forums daily last year to say they were. Nothing happened.

NASA told the truth.

Who lied?

I don't think that the people who were talking about Elenin last spring were doing so in order to lie or be deceptive. Those people were genuinely concerned and afraid. Thankfully Elenin didn't do what those people thought that it was going to do. That does not mean that our planet is safe, forever.

The Sun isn't even at the peak of it's 11 year cycle and already, we're getting hit at an unprecedented rate by CMEs and Solar Storms. The magnetosphere protects the planet from solar radiation, and it is severely damaged!! But, the Earth is still getting hit with solar radiation winds.

It's not bad to be optimistic, but I don't trust what Nasa says about almost anything.

As far as Nibiru goes, that's a totally different speculation.

Astronomers used to say, just when I was a kid, that there were only 9 planets in the sky. We now know that there are a heck of a lot more
And new ones are being discovered very frequently.

There could be a planet like Nibiru...who knows? I don't know.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by chanel

Except there's nothing unique about this solar cycle. The only thing that could be considered remotely unique is that it is projected to be the least active solar maximum in about a century. And once again there are no ancient prophecies that mention this time period. The prophecies that are being wheeled out are either the same prophecies that are brought out every years as proof of the end of the world coming soon or prophecies invented by New Age authors. The score is something like this: Prophecies - 0; NASA - 1,000,000,000

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by chanel

the major increase in solar activity and extreme weather is because the sun is going through a a solar maximum right now

you would think that after all the elenin and nibiru hype of last year and then nohing happened that people would maybe calm down on making predictions that are really not based on anything other then what an ancient civilization believes

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
And once again NASA speaks the truth. It's kind of ironic that every time a doomsday prediction comes up and NASA dismisses it they're labeled as liars while the profits of doom are held up as social paragons. Checking the track record though shows that NASA has a 100% accuracy when it comes to predicting doom and the doomsayers have 0% accuracy. So why do people keep saying that NASA are the liars?

They hate being proven wrong so they have to keep trying.

One day, perhaps in 1000 years, one will get it right, and stand upon a mountain top and yell "I TOLD YOU SO NASA, YOU LIARS!!!!!" and some people will swallow the entire scenario as inevitable all that time.

Funny thing is, if we all wait long enough, a catastrophic even will happen to each and every single one of us.. we all die one day.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

The immediate debunkers on this site make me feel more nervous and paranoid then the actual "prophets of doom"

What happened to you ATS?

Squirrels and coffee happened.

Now about those llamas....

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeforeTheHangmansNoose
I'd take an ancient civilisations word over NASA's word any day.

Interesting stance.

I cannot ask the ancient civilisations about their predictions. I win.

I will not accept NASAs answers about their science. I win.

I think it might not be an accurate way to go about things, but hey ho.. whatever floats your helium balloons.

o.O Wait, that would be Helium... Damn, the logic fails me once more.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Can someone compile a list of NASA's confirmed lies?

Genuinely curious as I expect it to be one short-@ss list.

You scaredy cat, feral wolf children make me smile.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

The immediate debunkers on this site make me feel more nervous and paranoid then the actual "prophets of doom"

What happened to you ATS?

If the level-headed skepticism here is bothering you, wander over to GLP and see how they treat their loons.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

NASA told the truth.

Who lied?

I don't think that the people who were talking about Elenin last spring were doing so in order to lie or be deceptive. Those people were genuinely concerned and afraid. Thankfully Elenin didn't do what those people thought that it was going to do. That does not mean that our planet is safe, forever.

The Sun isn't even at the peak of it's 11 year cycle and already, we're getting hit at an unprecedented rate by CMEs and Solar Storms. The magnetosphere protects the planet from solar radiation, and it is severely damaged!! But, the Earth is still getting hit with solar radiation winds.

It's not bad to be optimistic, but I don't trust what Nasa says about almost anything.

As far as Nibiru goes, that's a totally different speculation.

Astronomers used to say, just when I was a kid, that there were only 9 planets in the sky. We now know that there are a heck of a lot more
And new ones are being discovered very frequently.

There could be a planet like Nibiru...who knows? I don't know.

Elenin didnt do what some people on this site thought because it was indeed only a comet. those people who proclaimed that Elenin was something else did it because they believe everything that the government and NASA say is a lie when infact it is usually all truths

how long ago were you a kid because i know the first exo-planet wasnt discovered to long ago but scientists have believed for many years that other stars would harbor planets they only recentley had the technology to find them.

now i could be mistaken by what you were talking about with your statement about being a kid and the 9 planets, you could have been talking about only our solar system, as for Nibiru being a planet yes it could be but it is defenitley not part of our solar system, i don't buy into the nibiru hype at all

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by chanel

I think the reason many people using the words "unprecedented" and "anomaly" and "extreme" is because we haven't been monitoring these things for very long. Solar storms and asteroids and CME's have been happening for billions of years. Consider that we have only been able to accurately measure these things for less than 100 years.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join