It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pennsylvania psychiatric clinic shooting

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Several people are reported to have been shot in a Pennsylvania psychiatric clinic among those injured are officers,

The SWAT team are on the scene and the place is on lock down,

Its also believed that there may be more than one shooter,

More info follows,

Someone opened fire Thursday afternoon at a psychiatric clinic at the University of Pittsburgh, injuring several people, police said. Authorities did not say how many people were hit in the shooting at the Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic in the city's Oakland section. The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported that five people were shot, among them a Pitt police officer. SWAT team was on the scene. A street was blocked off, and the area thronged with police.

hosted.ap.org...
edit on 8-3-2012 by asala because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
AP now have a link,

hosted.ap.org...

The clinic describes itself on its website as a top academic-based psychiatric care center. Pitt's psychiatry department is part of the cl

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Prayers for all involved.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Cant get this confirmed but i am hearing that 2 armed men may have hostages, I will try to confirm or deny this ASAP,

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
2 killed, 5 injured, gunmen holding hostages at Pittsburgh psychiatric clinic

www.wpxi.com...

according to wpxi.com

Link above also contains Vid,

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Here's from a local source:

Multiple victims in Western Psych shooting

Two people are dead, including a person who began shooting inside Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic of UPMC shortly before 2 p.m., according to Paul Wood, a spokesman for UPMC, who was briefed by police at the scene.

At least five additional people have been shot at Western Psychiatric. The building has been secured, Mr. Wood said, and earlier reports of a second shooter were incorrect. All the injured victims were taken to UPMC Presbyterian , he said.

Post-Gazzette

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Where are you getting info of a second shooter? That did not appear in the ap link.

Edit: i found it
edit on 8-3-2012 by Lord Jules because: (no reason given)

interesting that a 'zone 4' officer said about the second shooter. What does this mean zone 4? You think it could be a false flag if two shooters were involved? Was it just a lone mental case (this time an actual mental case in a mntal institute)
edit on 8-3-2012 by Lord Jules because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
From the Pitts uni site on Twitter, twitter.com...#!/PittTweet But i guess in these situations information can get very mixed up untill there is more of an idea what is going on,

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Reports of a 2nd shooter are now being denied,

One of the dead thought to be the person who began the shooter,

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Yes indeed, many prayers for them.

Sadly, is it possible that TPTB have expanded their agenda by using information from the Montauk Project.
I find it quite bizarre that a milk man suddenly goes bazerk and shoots to death several Amish children. Or any of the other abnormal shootings that involve irrational behavior from previously "normal people." Could it be plausible that TPTB want more shootings to occur in order for them to strip the citizens of firearms? In the UK, fire arms are prohibited. Has that decreased the fire bombings, stabbings, or murders in the UK or elsewhere? I think there is more to the story to these shooters, than we could possibly know.
Again, my prayers are out to these people.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Excuse me ,don't you mean MONARCH project?The mind control thiing?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I think you will find more than 95% of all rampage shootings have been from individuals that have been "treated."
Dig.
The rabbit hole is deep.
Act by petition, vote, and holding office.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Yes indeed, many prayers for them.

Sadly, is it possible that TPTB have expanded their agenda by using information from the Montauk Project.

wait...what?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
found this on CNN, kind of confusing

www.cnn.com...
NEW: The shooter is among the two people killed, the medical center says via Twitter

NEW: There is no second shooter or hostage situation, as had been reported
Some injured are in UPMC Presbyterian's ER, the medical center says via Twitter
(CNN) -- Two people died and seven are being treated for injuries after a shooting Thursday afternoon inside the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center's Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, the center said on Twitter, citing police.

They are making it sound like it is over but there is no news on it beyond this. like if it is over, who the shooter was and how it ended.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Interesting how all these random rage shooting incidents start out with multiple shooters before settling quickly on just one lone gunman.

www.huffingtonpost.com... 949
(University of Pittsburgh Medical Center spokesman Paul)Wood said media reports about a possible second gunman and a hostage situation at the clinic or at UPMC Presbyterian hospital were unfounded. "There was no hostage situation ever," Wood said. "There was a rumor out there that there was a second gunman. That, we believe, was never true."

twitter.com...#!/search/PittTweet
"Just got word of multiple shooters on campus at @PittTweet and various injuries."

www.wpxi.com...
Police told Channel 11's Rick Earle that initial reports indicated that a second gunman may have been holding people hostage inside of the hospital.

--------------------

Also, it seems the FBI is always on the scene for some reason:

www.post-gazette.com...
Police were called shortly before 2 p.m. Scores of city police officers arrived and were reinforced by FBI agents, sheriff's deputies, state police troopers and members of the South Hills SWAT team.

edit on 8-3-2012 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by starviego
Interesting how all these random rage shooting incidents start out with multiple shooters before settling quickly on just one lone gunman.

www.huffingtonpost.com... 949
(University of Pittsburgh Medical Center spokesman Paul)Wood said media reports about a possible second gunman and a hostage situation at the clinic or at UPMC Presbyterian hospital were unfounded. "There was no hostage situation ever," Wood said. "There was a rumor out there that there was a second gunman. That, we believe, was never true."

twitter.com...#!/search/PittTweet
"Just got word of multiple shooters on campus at @PittTweet and various injuries."

Shootings get very confusing very quickly, most of the witnesses actually witness very little when the whole thing starts. A handful of people will see the shooting start and the rest of the people hear most of what happened and then only see the aftermath.
So a bunch of people see the shooter, they get in contact with police/security (whatever) and describe the shooter. Another group of people will see someone running away and assume he is the shooter and often they will see a security guard or a cop and assume he is the shooter because they are the only person seen with a gun. And then those witnesses describe that guy they saw. So you have two different descriptions and at the end of it all once they get all the statements they see that only one person was actually shooting and the ballistics info back that up

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This was just too funny

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7thcavtrooper
reply to post by Violater1

Excuse me ,don't you mean MONARCH project?The mind control thiing?

No.
en.wikipedia.org...
www.world-famous.com...
www.apfn.org...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Not been a lot of updates after this oddly but the latest is that the mayor says shooter at university psychiatric clinic had two guns and was killed in exchange of bullets with police

guns used where semi-automatic
And the persons that where wounded are all expected to survive,

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
It doesn't sound like just one gunman to me.

From a news reporter on scene as it was happening:

www.wpxi.com...
"Yeah Peggy, multiple police sources are now telling us this has turned into a hostage situation. My sources are telling me--my police sources are telling me--that they have received three phone calls from people inside Western Psych claiming that they are now being held hostage by two men with guns. ... But again, the very latest information is that this has now evolved into a hostage situation. .... We understand from our police sources that they have received three phone calls from people inside Western Psych claiming at this moment that they are being held hostage by two men armed with guns. ..... Now we are hearing the possibility that there may be two to three shooters involved in this incident. ...Again we are getting all this information from our police sources. ... "

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join