It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

crows!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
i don't know about you guys,but i've noticed a lot of crows lately. way more than normal!
i might see 5-7 a day,but lately its been like 20 a day easy.
don't get me wrong i love these birds! it's actually my totem animal!
i respect their roll in our ecosystem,and they are highly intelligent,and can be taught to 'speak'
but i'm just seeing A LOT of them lately!!!
they are also the messengers of death!
any thoughts?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
It might be they are getting together for mating. They have territories and stay together in family groups, maybe they like to have a little fun in the spring and broaden the gene pool. They are quite the aerialists and play, foot fight and pass the whatever in flight. The courtship is similar to Eagles. I would not think of them as messengers of death. They have to much humor for that.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I actually stopped the other day to watch a flock of about 100 circling overhead. I thought it was strange also. We have lots of wildlife here but this was unusual.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
My hubby and I were just talking about the crows around here, not only how many we have noticed lately, but how brave they are. Once by our house and once in a store parking lot they flew right down and landed by us not 10 feet away. I thought it was pretty cool.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
As for messengers of death, I don't believe that about crows.

However, we do have a lot of buzzards. Two years ago, I noticed about 25 sitting on my neighbor's house. The next day, his wife died of a stroke.

Coincidence? Probably.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
i have to agree with that mating and gathering argument,but to the op:in your spirituality is something evil, its a sign. the old spirits or old gods are connected to these birds. the term evil can be a point of view, they are evil for the believers of a "newer" religion called christianity.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

For crows, roosts are primarily a fall and winter thing. Numbers peak in winter and then decrease near the beginning of the breeding season (usually in March).

www.birds.cornell.edu...

Don't know anything else about crows, maybe this helps

edit on 8-3-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

mating?!!! they fly in a flock ( a murder of crows) so unless the plan on an orgy!................
mating aside,you only see 2 together at a time.
now they are everywhere and very vocal!
maybe i can train a few to hang out with me!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

The group I know are 5. So they do not always hang out in 2's. I did not suggest an orgy, a gathering of crows would offer some choices for the various individuals who were of age and looking to mate.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Funny you should bring up crows. Yesterday I tried to catch a nap but the crows were carrying on outside. Went I went out. I couldn't believe how many crows there were. I don't ever remember seeing so many in one place.

I personally feel a close connection to them because of my Native American roots. I also admire their intelligence and adaptability. It gave me a good feeling seeing them.

These are strange times and I think they can sense it like allot of us do these days. I feel like we are on the cusp of something big, teetering on the edge of realization or oblivion. Either way its been a nice ride.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

i agree! odin had 2 crows that sat on his shoulders. they were called hugin(thought) and munin(memory)
he would send them down to earth to check on the humans!
merlin is said to have a crow named solomon.
native americans say the crow was a trickster and stole the moon from the sun! that is why the moon is not visible for 3 days every month!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Ladysophiaofsandoz

your correct! the white buffalo has come (really! in michigan a few years back i think)
i'm not native,i'm of scottish blood,but something is coming. my culture speaks of it as well
our cultures are very similar!
crows are my friends,but i just can't recall seeing so many!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

odin had 2 crows that sat on his shoulders. they were called hugin(thought) and munin(memory)

interesting, i thought, memory and thought were the same identical source or force, one not two.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

hey,i don't make the myths. i just read them!!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
reply to post by icepack

hey,i don't make the myths. i just read them!!!!

Was it not Ravens (larger crows) he had?

like if memory servers me right as Ravens are not sea birds the vikings used them on there ship to find land as they would circle the ship (and land there) unless land was present in the distance and they could fly off to land on the land.....

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

cool, did you know crows can sing ? they can sing very nicely, but if a crow sings for you, you better watch out, it can be a sign for a big bad luck.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Crows are not to be trusted.. in my opinion. I had them watch me, follow me and finally test me. I believe I passed their test but still didn't feel good about being tested in the first place.

I had 6 crows that would 'caw', at me.. every time they saw me. Did this for days, then one day I went outside and one was sitting in my grass in my backyard. I have two blue healers and didn't want them to come out and find this crow so I walked over to it to shoo it off but it sat there. Let me pick it up -all the other crows where perched about quietly "talking to each other", watching me- let me take it out front and set it in the grass. Then the damn thing flew off and I never had any of those crows 'caw' at me again. I don't mean to tell this story to inspire awe but more as a warning, you cannot trust them.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

gee this sounds like the biblical story o f noah. he first sent out a raven to find land but came back without luck. then noah sent out a dove and it came back with an olive branch,assuring of land

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
reply to post by GonzoSinister

gee this sounds like the biblical story o f noah. he first sent out a raven to find land but came back without luck. then noah sent out a dove and it came back with an olive branch,assuring of land

Yups does indeed,

i was brought up catholic but im not a religous person at all.. im a scientist...of sorts

but yeah thats how Ravens were used by vikings.. makes sense when searching for new lands.i'd imagine doves, pigeons, similar birds could all be used but due to the size of ravens and the fact they are good at flying long distances it makes a good choice.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassey222

na! your mistaken! just 'click' at them with your tongue. like calling a dog! they do it to each other all the time!
then they know you . trust me

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join