It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Heart Really "Bleeds" for Her, What about You?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The poor thing is still struggling after taking the lump sum of a lotto of $500,000.. If I won the million I wouldn't want the food stamps. From what I understand most of states you can't even buy hygeine products with them. Poor baby bought another home with winnings is still unemployed and receives $200.00 a month food stamps from the state of Michigan. If this is not a legitimate rant I don't know what is, should really make you mad, you're paying for this dufus!!!!
"Lawmakers" are working to make this process illegal. What's wrong with this story?

www.realclearpolitics.com...

The Defenders

edit on 8-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: take out word

edit on 8-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add words

edit on 8-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: change title

edit on 8-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add comment

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Someone beat you to it here , though the conversation isn't too active. That thread also mentions a past ats thread about someone else who won 2 million and stayed on food stamps. A star for the effort though.
edit on 8-3-2012 by FelixFelicis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

Here's a thought....

500,000 in taxes (she won a million) / 200 a month = 2500 months.
2500 months / 12 = 208.333 years.

Now, who is the winner really here?

ETA And like the previous poster mentioned, this has been posted a few times already. I'm sure there are more important things to rant about than one "lucky" individual.

edit on 8/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

The State of Michigan has cut her off.

it was in this morning news.

'Nuff said.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
"After taxes, it was just around half."

"Don't you feel bad about taxpayers paying for this? Aren't you taking advantage of them?"

Uh, sorry USA, stop taxing your lottery winnings to people. She paid a couple hundred thousand in taxes when she won, probably more than she ever would have if she didn't. The tax collector will be in a positive balance after all of this...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
How in the hell could she afford lottery tickets living on $200 worth of food stamps?
Shouldn't the citizens the state be the beneficiaries of the winnings?
edit on 8-3-2012 by Nite_wing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
If i won a million and had to pay 500k i'd be pissed. You're not winning a million then, you're winning 500k and the government is stealing 500k. Legalized Robbery.

Take a look folks, this is what it looks like when your government shakes you down for your money at the point of a gun. We get shaken down everytime we have to pay taxes that aren't constitutional in the first place, bend over and insert sodomizing nightstick, China wants it's money back that we never asked our Fed. government to borrow in the first place.

I'm of the firm opinion our government needs to hold a national election anytime our officials need to so much as go take a leak.
edit on 8-3-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Yeah, she isn't the only lottery winner in MI getting them and I believe this guy is why the government is finally doing something about it
www.lansingstatejournal.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I wish I could win a million dollars. it would have a huge impact on my life. The house I live in would be bought and completely paid for and I'd do some remodeling. Then I'd go back to school.

And if I was on food stamps I'g end them voluntarily. It's crap to be on a government program after tyou've won a million dollars.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
If i won a million and had to pay 500k i'd be pissed. You're not winning a million then, you're winning 500k and the government is stealing 500k. Legalized Robbery.

edit on 8-3-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

If I had won that, I would put on a BIG smile and walk away. I'm now $500,000.00 richer than previously.

We had a guy in town who won $100,000.00 and pitched such a fit that he was arrested. Now the winners of his ticket are the court system and the lawyers. What a dufus!

Truthfully, I hope he is debt now...just for being a idiot.
edit on 8-3-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join