It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Clue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I have found swimming to be much more attractive to ever being on land at some points in my life. It just provides more...attraction...reflection...and more overall peace than many things land provides. Land will support me, but in water, I need no support. Land provides shelter, but in water, I am enclosed.

When I go swimming, I am taken into a wonderland of sensations, from the ripple and pulsating of the water against my flesh, to the wavering colors that float past me. Even the deep hum of the water soothes me, calming my mind and drawing me into a meditative state.

All there is on land is noise, where I find a tranquil continuum of sounds in the lakes...lights, where I find a quiet medium of illumination among the waves...and petty social interactions, where I find nothing but a beautiful landscape beneath the waves.

One day, one hour in the water is worth three days on land, to me. Water represents the thing we need most in society: calm, placid tranquility...silence and freedom in which to reflect...a change in perception, to see that which is important...water means all of these things to me. Water is like the trees...study them, and they teach you many things about life. Water is like the plants, flowers blooming in spring. Stop being shut-tight buds and bloom! Be happy, and be accepting, and stop the oppression and negativity!

See if you can find the metaphor.

edit on CThursdaypm212132f32America/Chicago08 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

I love swimming too. I find it relaxing. I really use to enjoy swimming in hampstead ponds at night under the moonlight. A magical thing

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by Starchild23

I love swimming too. I find it relaxing. I really use to enjoy swimming in hampstead ponds at night under the moonlight. A magical thing

Did you find the metaphor?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I do not understand the metaphor but maybe its because the whole time im reading this im thinking the air is water. Just like the old saying as above so below.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
dreaming vs being awake
edit on 9-3-2012 by doug r because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by doug r
dreaming vs being awake
edit on 9-3-2012 by doug r because: (no reason given)

Close. Very close.

new topics

top topics

join