It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Likely results of an attack on Iran.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Of course it goes without saying that Oil would skyrocket, but wait…there’s more.

An attack is just that, an attack. It does not mean protracted warfare…though it would more than likely lead to such. I will posit a list of bullet comments. (Pun intended)

1. An attack on Iranian soil will solidify the people behind the Iranian Gov’t. President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Supreme leader Ali Khamenei, will put aside their differences for a time, until one sees a advantage over the other. * As side note: since Ahmadinejad is an admitted “Twelver”, could it be that he is actively trying to goad the US or Israel into an attack in order to see his vision come true?

2. Even if an attack were authorized by the surrounding neighborhood, the populace of those Nations would still be screaming for blood. The existing Governments/Kingdoms in the region are already walking a fine line. They may be swept away in the storm that follows an attack. This is something that I am sure they are aware of, but are they ready?

3. Israel will be blanketed with Katushyas, Suicide bombers and other such weapons, as well as riots in the streets. To attack Iran at this moment, whether by the US or the IDF does not bode well…for anybody in the region. This will not be a replay of the Osarick operation in Iraq.

4. If somehow, the attack does not further the flames of war, Iran now becomes a customer for new and improved tech to replace what was lost. They could actually become even stronger militarily. The Persians are not stupid; they can reverse engineer things just like anybody else.

5. And finally, I do not think that any Government is actually prepared for a protracted war in the region. I say War, because that is what it would have to be…not a “Limited Kinetic Action”. I just don't see that happening. Not with the current players involved.

Once the line is crossed, it will lead to WW3, make no bones about it. Like a forest fire, it will expand into a wildfire.

edit on 8-3-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
My only question is, if TPTB are as crazy as they seem.. Why are they dragging their feet on the attack? Justification?

I mean I don't want ww3 as much as the next guy but what are they waiting for? What's really holding them back? Do they have a timeline of events to take place in the media to curb us in the direction? Or is that what were already experiencing?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Pelvi

Just my humble opinion? They want to blame the other guy. You know? Put a spin on it in their favor.

As long as that keeps up though, all is well, but still frightening. And that kind of works in their favor as well.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pelvi
My only question is, if TPTB are as crazy as they seem.. Why are they dragging their feet on the attack? Justification?

I mean I don't want ww3 as much as the next guy but what are they waiting for? What's really holding them back? Do they have a timeline of events to take place in the media to curb us in the direction? Or is that what were already experiencing?

The delay is most likely: a) It's an election year in the US or; b) more planning on the false-flag attack is needed in order to convince the American people, already tired of war, that attacking another sovereign country is necessary.

Either way, the world's economy is going to be dragged down even further in order to satisfy the greedy, war mongering powers who control the masses.
edit on 8-3-2012 by jdb51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
How has it come to this ?

Hangs head

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdb51

The delay is most likely: a) It's an election year in the US or; b) more planning on the false-flag attack needed in order to convince the American people, already tired of war, that attacking another sovereign country is necessary.

It's an election year in Israel and Iran, as well.

My likely result of an attack on Iran would be complete and total chaos in the ME. I think if Israel strikes Iran without the ok from the US they would most likely be chiseling their own headstone. I don't think Obama would like being made to look like a fool by the Israelis. He already does a fine enough job all on his own.

I also don't think Obama could win an election if he enters us into another war. And I think he knows it. That is why nothing as been done so far.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Don't know but dragging a poulation into a war without giving people the vote could get you hanged if people start to die at home and this I see happening via biological agents released not by missiles but by smashing a few flasks near a large population area.

Bees sting, its the only weapon they have, don't blame the bee for that but do blame the zionist bankers whos money is being used to bring on the end times so a few million jews get to see if Jesus realy was a real estate agent or not.

Sorry war heros about this war being fought in hospitals that are under funded as it is due to the military budget and it might seem a bit borring for you all but you can all keep playing your X-Boxes right.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
same as before, build up there forces to be terminators to a man(danka FOX news), then after 3 months carpet bombing walk (or send in al queada like libya/egypt) in as the liberators, release videos/pictures via press/youtube of the 'bad guy' getting put down, milk the land for what its got, loose a few independant contractors 'mercenaries', quietly shuffle off to the next oil well, rinse and repeat

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
You know I'm tired of this oil crap. Check out the actual DOE site and you will see the US has more than enough of their own oil. Unless of course you really dig deep and find the congressional mandate passed in 1938 to use everyone elses oil first, then maybe. It is totally about world demonination. In their opinion you cannot trust a religous zelot country, see Iran. If Iran changed president that did not believe in the 12th Iman things would change faster than they are now. TPTB are truley scared of a rouge. The war will happen it just depends on how far they want it to get, regional, or multi-contentent, or global.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Well, they would deserve to be viewed in a negative light by the world if they attack another country.

Of all the countries that shouldnt have nukes, Israel is the NUMBER ONE country who shouldnt have them. They attack their allies to provoke wars, and they terrorize everyone around them.

They are the greatest threat and enemy to its allies, and a flat-out DEVIL to its neighbors.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

2. Even if an attack were authorized by the surrounding neighborhood, the populace of those Nations would still be screaming for blood. The existing Governments/Kingdoms in the region are already walking a fine line. They may be swept away in the storm that follows an attack. This is something that I am sure they are aware of, but are they ready?

edit on 8-3-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

Would they care though? Arabs and Persians have history and then there's also the Shi/Sunni split

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

You forgot one major problem and that is radio active fallout from bombing active nuclear power plants. This will not just cause a catastrophe for Iran, but for the whole middle east and beyond. And while the shoot out is ongoing nothing is probably going to be done to try and secure the disaster.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

An attack is just that, an attack. It does not mean protracted warfare…

Are you aware you contradicted yourself? Your concluding statement is that it will lead to WW3, 'make no bones about it'.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

Arrgh! Ya got me.

But how things are handled does not mean that a attack leads to protracted war.

But more than likely, it would.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by moderateAmerican

The US using everyones else's oil first has been a theory of mine for quite some time. Can you send me the source of the 1938 document? I'd love to read it.

new topics

top topics

join