It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sentience and Intelligence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Sentience and intelligence are two different things...and that is the problem with the human race.

You may argue that they are different, but allow me to explain. Sentience is an awareness of the environment...to whatever degree. Intelligence is the ability to use the environment for your own survival, as well as apply your experiences to a similar end.

Trees and animals have sentience. They cannot build a cell phone or cure cancer, but they are aware of the world on a deeper level than us. This is how animals are able to communicate where we cannot. This is how animals can sniff the weather and tell where good food is to be found, and how they can find safe locations or detect danger.

Our intelligence enables us to build technology and write mathematical formulas and explain the world around us through frequencies and geometry. However, we remain woefully ignorant to the health of the earth, and the condition of our bodies. We cannot see chakras or ki, and we cannot sense the vibration of nature shifting, like the animals can. And this is our problem.

Our intelligence is warring with our sentience. Our intelligence revolves around our instincts, not our sentience. If we paid more attention to the sentience within us, we would not be nearly so cruel to our world. We must learn to sometimes let go of our rational mind, and just sink into the simple, natural, sentient mind...to become aware of the subconscious world around us.

Maybe then the world would make more sense, and we would become better as a race.

This is a suggestion from a friend, which I thought I'd pass on to ATS.

Namaste
edit on CThursdaypm313103f03America/Chicago08 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

this is ridiculous how u enjoy selling products from imagining what others would buy

animals dont exist, it is a condition so are u as a human objective perspective, which is never u the conscious freedom or existing awareness present constant fact

what u mean is to separate the two one same dimension of truth freedom that only evil do split to abuse all different evil existence forms it could bring

positive and superiority

what is positive object is free superior source

what is free superior is positive object source

that is why true intelligence is what exclusively mean positive objective existence

and what is truly positive existing is what exclusively mean objective superior intelligence

that is how true intelligence prove that u r stupid
and true existence prove that u never exist and never will

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

animals dont exist

Excuse me?

What's ridiculous is how I can't understand a single part of your post.

I get the impression you're trying to chew me out, but seeing as how I can't read what you said, I'll just ignore it.

My post was perfectly logical. Don't condemn me for having a different perspective.
edit on CThursdaypm000036f36America/Chicago08 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

go tell ur friend that his suggestions doesnt matter since facts are of other matters, and individual intersts are not about facts that it must accept as they are to mean only its conscious freedom right to live positively out

tell ur friend that he proved enough how he doesnt mean anything but to live through so through rights abuse

what is there is not to anyone, so he should get lost forever, what is objective is before anything just right fact, while a slim indication of relativity kindness to realize out of it free

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Trees and animals do not have sentience. Sentience can be observed, and scientists have never observed sentience in any species except for human beings.

This is how animals are able to communicate where we cannot. This is how animals can sniff the weather and tell where good food is to be found, and how they can find safe locations or detect danger.

Sentience has absolutely nothing to do with communication. The majority of animals communicate just like human beings, through sound or gestures. Dogs bark, bats use echolocation, and peacocks use their feathers to convey messages of pride and regalness.! These are all example of inherent traits or intelligence, the latter can be measured.

Now you're just naming off physiological traits, that again have nothing to do with sentience.

However, we remain woefully ignorant to the health of the earth, and the condition of our bodies. We cannot see chakras or ki, and we cannot sense the vibration of nature shifting, like the animals can. And this is our problem.

I'll agree with you on that point, we're fattening our minds and bodies
. However, I don't agree that animals can see chakras or ki. How do you know this.?

Our intelligence is warring with our sentience. Our intelligence revolves around our instincts, not our sentience. If we paid more attention to the sentience within us, we would not be nearly so cruel to our world. We must learn to sometimes let go of our rational mind, and just sink into the simple, natural, sentient mind...to become aware of the subconscious world around us.

Sometimes there is some friction between our morality and our rational but I believe for the most part human beings do the right thing. When we're pushed to the point where change must occur it will be done.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

Trees and animals do not have sentience. Sentience can be observed, and scientists have never observed sentience in any species except for human beings.

Actually, they do. They are aware of things we are not.

True sentience, without human awareness, is being immersed in a world of energies, or at least being aware of the different energy forms. Without the proper tools, science is unable to really measure these energies. Our tools are restricted to purely this realm.

new topics

top topics

join