It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sit down, Shut Up, and do what your are told.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Yes, credit is a trap that one should avoid. As to the rest it depends on how much energy one has and a willingness to use it to fight the PTB. Few have the determination to put indignation to work. Anger and resentment are the easy parts. Who is willing to back that up with action? I don't mean posting on the Net. I mean working in charitable organizations, not just giving a token donation. Running for office, only if it's the school board or city counsil? I had those when I was younger but now I just don't have the energy. Too busy paying off that credit.

LOL I used to think like that until I realized that TPTB control everything. You go to work for that charity and they are at the top making the final decision where all that $$$ goes.

I feel for the one guys daughter. In fact all the kids. They are being taught to just "play by the rules" which includes everything the alt media talks about. By doing that and being a "yes man" the way the system is going it may not be the best option for her. The ones that see people being hurt and do nothing are just as guilty as the attackers. You will force that young person to lose her soul. And also nothing will change, so she, her daughters and sons (if she is ever able to have any) and all those other little kids families will experience the same things we are fighting at a worse scale. By teaching her to comply, you are not initiating the change she needs to maintain a good life. And that "im ok but youre not" mentality has a bad backlash when TSHTF because she will be unprepared in an isolated, fake world. Trust me I know all about it.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by network dude

So what do you think. Is this good advice to quietly play by the rules, not show up on any radar, and wait for the rest of society to catch up?

Here's my philosophy:

I am a bright guy, and I am usually successful in everything I do. I pride myself in being a quick study, and as soon as I am comfortable with the goals or rules I am able to win just about anything I set my mind to, but.....

I noticed several years ago that I was constantly bucking the system. I was constantly running into road blocks, and headaches, and legal troubles, and financial troubles, etc., etc. My brother pointed out to me that I am always trying to buck the system. Instead of learning and abiding by the rules and beating them at their own game, I was constantly trying to martyr myself in the name of justice, morality, and integrity. Seemed like a worthy approach, but it wasn't working.

So, I switched my game up. I looked into all the things I was eligible for from the government. I stopped turning things down, and I stopped trying to be so independent. I started playing by the established rules of the game.

There was an ugly conversion period where I ended up losing my nice truck, and my house. I quit my corporate job and took a job making less than 50% of my previous income. I got qualified for food stamps, I moved my whole family in with my parents in a large foreclosure house, and we rented the upstairs to a family friend. We cut our expenses to almost nothing, and I was eligible for foodstamps for a little while, which was almost triple what I was actually spending on food, so I was able to stock up on a very nice survival supply, and I was able to share some of the food with a daycare and with friends and family.

Long story short, I now have a government job, with great benefits, free health insurance for my family, 6 weeks of vacation leave and another 2.5 weeks of sick leave every year in addition to 11 paid holidays and a 7-4 work schedule. My old house that I gave up was apparently not able to be foreclosed, so I now have it rented out, free income, no payments for the foreseeable future. The house I am living in is now fully remodeled, nice pool, big yard, pond with bass and bream, fruit trees, vines, etc., and a big garden we are planting this weekend. My parents ended up moving back out of state, so we have the large house to ourselves. The upstairs is now used for a live-in nanny that doesn't cost us a dime! She babysits in return for room and board, and she helps out with housework, dishes, and cooking. After losing my nice truck, I now have an older truck, but it is paid for, and I also sold my Yamaha motorcycle, and instead I now have a nice, fat, Harley that is also paid for.

Again, to make a long story a little shorter, stop bucking the system, and instead, learn the rules of the game and then win the dam thing!

I won't teach my children to buck the system like I did, instead, I will teach them to stick by their morals, but also to see through the B.S. and figure out a way to win the dam thing!

Captain Kirk did it. When given an unwinnable scenario, instead of tossing in the towel, he changed the rules of the game!

edit on 8-3-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

Thats a nice philosophy but when they take your job away, mess with you and you dont get those holidays, or vacation time YOU EARNED because they try to circumnavigate you with BS as to why you have to work and no one else does, skim money from your pay, and steal a good percentage of that income back from you so you really dont have that great a salary and benefits or whatever, they attacked that great thing you COMPLIED with the system to get. You are still their slave. You just changed perspcetives to rationalize your crappy situation. Theyll just take it all away from you again when they want to mess with and hurt you.

I wish I could just be dumb and fall in line like a lot of people I see. In fact I was. They took everything away from me when I was working hard and doing good work. They immoralized me and stole my money, physically hit me, etc. And they got away with it. Now im being told "go back to that and comply. Let them do that to you so youll have a good life" LOL. I was doing that before and they messed it up intentionally. So yea, keep plugging along, it will only be a matter of time until they take it away from you again, and in fact you dont even own it anymore as is! LOL

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

There we go......THAT'S what I was trying to say.
Use the system to your advantage.

I think a lot of people don't even try because they don't look at it that way. They see it as a means of support and not as a means to better thier lives to the point where they don't need it anymore. I'm not just talking aout Govt. programs either. You can be at your job for 10 years and get to top and then sit back and be satisfied with what you have. Or, you can use that position and/or the money you've gained from it to start doing something else that you've been wanting to do. A career perhaps that would you satisfy you on a more personal level.

Thanks again, you just clarified something for me and ddn't even know it.

Thats great that you guys are all posting positively, and im not trying to bring that down. But in the end you are still playing by the masters system. You just rationalized the theft of what you built up. Now go recreate that so they can take it from you again, and so your kids learn that behavior and they do it to them.

Im not against playing by the rules at all. People should be more honorable. Its just the reality of the situation is the people controlling things are not. So this is the way you guys deal with the situation.

Im trying to not be insulting, but to me its like a group of people that are patting each other on the back for beating someone down in a group, like they are heroes, only because there is a guy standing behind that group with a gun saying he will kill all of them if they dont beat the victim. Its sad man.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by strangedays

If you don't at least try, then you are getting nowhere. So the system is rigged, find a way to get around it. Quietly. And never underestimate the power of human kindness. When you least expect it, there is it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join