It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sit down, Shut Up, and do what your are told.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I have been having conversations with my daughter about things happening in the world. She is a very bright girl and has always been skeptical of "the rules". She is getting very into conspiracies and the stuff that we discuss on this site.

I am a bit worried. A few years ago, I found myself getting a bit too wrapped up in the fray of all the things wrong with our society. I spent too much time worrying about possible catastrophic events and being mad at the government. I have come to realize that yes, we have no control over the bad things. There is a group that runs things behind the scenes and they do what is best for them, not us. Elections are possibly the biggest joke that I know of. The Media drives the idiotic masses in whatever direction they want them to go. So knowing all that, what now?

I have come to the conclusion that playing the game is a good safe way to exist. I am trying to get her to understand that Credit is "their" way of enslaving us and if you go that route, you are playing by "their" rules.

So what do you think. Is this good advice to quietly play by the rules, not show up on any radar, and wait for the rest of society to catch up?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I am trying to get her to understand that Credit is "their" way of enslaving us and if you go that route, you are playing by "their" rules.

Credit is their tool, yes. But it can only enslave you if you use it irresponsibly. The best thing you can do for your daughter is teach her how to be a responsible adult and to use credit cards as what they are, a means to pay for something because you don't have the cash ON HAND.

The trap comes in when you spend more than you have, and run a balance, and pay interest.

If you get a fee free credit card, use it responsibly, and make your payments on time, the banks LOSE, they hate it, they don't want your money, they can invent money from thin air, they want your DEBT, because that can get them ASSETS like your home or car, or at the very least, your debt becomes profits on their books, loanded out to create even more imaginary digital only money.

As long as you pay on time, you win, and to prove this, they will become desperate, and continually offer to up your credit limit.

The last letter we got for my wifes capital one wanted to raise the limit to 10 grand.

it's next to impossible to function in society without a credit card at this point, which in itself is a crime, but this doesn't mean you have to use the card like it's a ticket for free money.
edit on 8-3-2012 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

So what do you think. Is this good advice to quietly play by the rules, not show up on any radar, and wait for the rest of society to catch up?

Where's the fun in that? Cowards don't go to heaven. If the early american colonists had just played by the rules and allowed the Brittish to push us around and not showed up on the "radar", there wouldn't have been a U.S. to come to Brittains rescue in WWII and everyone would be speaking German, and Japanese today. Russia only had a hand in it because Stalin felt threatened by Hitler, otherwise he and Adolf Hitler would have been BFF's. Never a good thing setting 2 egomaniacs against eachother because it will lead to war.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Never give a woman a credit card. NEVER, especially if it is yours.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Never give a woman a credit card. NEVER, especially if it is yours.

^^^ the 11th commandment

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

I am trying to get her to understand that Credit is "their" way of enslaving us and if you go that route, you are playing by "their" rules.

Credit is their tool, yes. But it can only enslave you if you use it irresponsibly. The best thing you can do for your daughter is teach her how to be a responsible adult and to use credit cards as what they are, a means to pay for something because you don't have the cash ON HAND.

The trap comes in when you spend more than you have, and run a balance, and pay interest.

If you get a fee free credit card, use it responsibly, and make your payments on time, the banks LOSE, they hate it, they don't want your money, they can invent money from thin air, they want your DEBT, because that can get them ASSETS like your home or car, or at the very least, your debt becomes profits on their books, loanded out to create even more imaginary digital only money.

As long as you pay on time, you win, and to prove this, they will become desperate, and continually offer to up your credit limit.

The last letter we got for my wifes capital one wanted to raise the limit to 10 grand.

it's next to impossible to function in society without a credit card at this point, which in itself is a crime, but this doesn't mean you have to use the card like it's a ticket for free money.

Why does everyone in USA seems to have a credit card anyways?? Here in Europe most people have debit cards instead, which is basically a visa credit card except that you cannot withdraw money you don't have in your bank account.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

this is what they TPTB want us to do sit down and stay silent not to react protest or say boo about Bo er Obama or the US Gov. To drink the cool aid and drink it with a smile, and ask for more, even if it dumb's you or numbs you, puts you in a comatose state, for if your in this condition you can not go against what they want to do , that is Take away your freedom , the right to self think or self govern, and the common sense that what they do is not right, lawful or just, now pardon me why i go drink some of there cool aid before they see that i can still self think.

edit on 8-3-2012 by bekod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
You have a daughter.

-ponders that for a moment-

So, you spend, as you admit, too much time exploring different conspiracy theories, and it is not only removing your joy of life and replacing it with anger and frustration, but also you are now starting to...infect(?) her youth with equal frustration and anger in place of joy?

I think the answer is simple here...the answer is neither
shut off the tv, surf away from sites that make you feel helpless yet angry, and spend time enjoying this once in a lifetime opportunity of watching a happy girl turn into a happy woman.

Conspiracy theories and such is hobby research..a feeling of joy should come over you when you potentially uncover a new perspective or truth, but the important thing in your life is not some potential reptilian blood in the queen of england, or how a redistricting has knocked out a congressman...know enough to know how you want to vote, ignore the stuff that is simply outside of your personal sphere of influence, and become obsessed with making the brightest and happiest family you can. corruption, intrigue, and such has been existing since the dawning of society and will continue long after your worm food...you knowing about maybe something that might happen or has happened will not change history, nor are you a superman that you and only you alone can stop the endless corruption...you can however be there to make cookies with your daughter, or teach her how to play chess...show her the stars and what constellations are what, Watch a zombie movie marathon, etc...

just my 2 cents. If my whole personality was changing due to stuff I was learning and for no real end purpose, I would back off until I had perspective.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Yes, credit is a trap that one should avoid. As to the rest it depends on how much energy one has and a willingness to use it to fight the PTB. Few have the determination to put indignation to work. Anger and resentment are the easy parts. Who is willing to back that up with action? I don't mean posting on the Net. I mean working in charitable organizations, not just giving a token donation. Running for office, only if it's the school board or city counsil? I had those when I was younger but now I just don't have the energy. Too busy paying off that credit.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
I am a bit worried. A few years ago, I found myself getting a bit too wrapped up in the fray of all the things wrong with our society. I spent too much time worrying about possible catastrophic events and being mad at the government. I have come to realize that yes, we have no control over the bad things. There is a group that runs things behind the scenes and they do what is best for them, not us. Elections are possibly the biggest joke that I know of. The Media drives the idiotic masses in whatever direction they want them to go. So knowing all that, what now?

I have come to the conclusion that playing the game is a good safe way to exist. I am trying to get her to understand that Credit is "their" way of enslaving us and if you go that route, you are playing by "their" rules.

Network....I haven't heard from you in a while.
Man do those paragraphs describe my life in the past few years, minus the daughter...

I quoted your paragraphs mainly because I believe this is what a majority of ATS'ers go through.
First, we find out about all the madness, then we get absolutely engorged on the info...
Then, we get frustrated and mad as all Heck, finally, we cave back in to where we started.
Only after it's all finished we realize there's more to this world than what we are taught.
And we know alot more about our surroundings...than most people care to know.

To become more aware is to realize you have no control.
We can only control what is around us.
And 120 million people will never unite to stop the tyranny.
Until they are starving.
(and right now thats the amount of overweight people in the US)

I'd say for all those who care:
Teach the next generation about modesty.
Teach them about living within their means.
Over abundance only leads to despair.
Moderation is control of yourself.

Sure, you can play by "their" rules...as if you really have a choice.
You see, "they" don't give you a choice.
If you don't play by their rules...you have nothing.
No life, no civilized Society, no job, no property.
No internet, no television programming, no money.
Nothing cool.
As if we actually need these things to begin with.

A homeless wretch.
Or a leech...
That's what you'd be without "their" rules.

edit on 8-3-2012 by havok because: Clarity

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Here's my philosophy:

I am a bright guy, and I am usually successful in everything I do. I pride myself in being a quick study, and as soon as I am comfortable with the goals or rules I am able to win just about anything I set my mind to, but.....

I noticed several years ago that I was constantly bucking the system. I was constantly running into road blocks, and headaches, and legal troubles, and financial troubles, etc., etc. My brother pointed out to me that I am always trying to buck the system. Instead of learning and abiding by the rules and beating them at their own game, I was constantly trying to martyr myself in the name of justice, morality, and integrity. Seemed like a worthy approach, but it wasn't working.

So, I switched my game up. I looked into all the things I was eligible for from the government. I stopped turning things down, and I stopped trying to be so independent. I started playing by the established rules of the game.

There was an ugly conversion period where I ended up losing my nice truck, and my house. I quit my corporate job and took a job making less than 50% of my previous income. I got qualified for food stamps, I moved my whole family in with my parents in a large foreclosure house, and we rented the upstairs to a family friend. We cut our expenses to almost nothing, and I was eligible for foodstamps for a little while, which was almost triple what I was actually spending on food, so I was able to stock up on a very nice survival supply, and I was able to share some of the food with a daycare and with friends and family.

Long story short, I now have a government job, with great benefits, free health insurance for my family, 6 weeks of vacation leave and another 2.5 weeks of sick leave every year in addition to 11 paid holidays and a 7-4 work schedule. My old house that I gave up was apparently not able to be foreclosed, so I now have it rented out, free income, no payments for the foreseeable future. The house I am living in is now fully remodeled, nice pool, big yard, pond with bass and bream, fruit trees, vines, etc., and a big garden we are planting this weekend. My parents ended up moving back out of state, so we have the large house to ourselves. The upstairs is now used for a live-in nanny that doesn't cost us a dime! She babysits in return for room and board, and she helps out with housework, dishes, and cooking. After losing my nice truck, I now have an older truck, but it is paid for, and I also sold my Yamaha motorcycle, and instead I now have a nice, fat, Harley that is also paid for.

Again, to make a long story a little shorter, stop bucking the system, and instead, learn the rules of the game and then win the dam thing!

I won't teach my children to buck the system like I did, instead, I will teach them to stick by their morals, but also to see through the B.S. and figure out a way to win the dam thing!

Captain Kirk did it. When given an unwinnable scenario, instead of tossing in the towel, he changed the rules of the game!

edit on 8-3-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
As parents we have a serious responsibility to our children.

As for the advice that depends on her age IMO. I have an 8 year old daughter who understands what a government is and what it should and shouldnt do. It should look after the people and not hurt its people.

I also have a lad who is 17, who now knows 9/11 was an inside job and that our government is seriously corrput because of the power they hold. It stands to reason, the more power people have the more they are likely to abuse it. This is why a one world government is a very bad idea.
edit on 8-3-2012 by TheMindWar because: Added info

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

First of all, kudo's to you for having intelligent conversations with your daughter. especially about topics such as these.

10 parent points for you.

As far as what I quoted though, the only difference I see between what you're doing as opposed to the majority of society is that you KNOW all of this is a joke, whereas they don't. It's as if you're a sheep who can see yet is still a part of the herd that can't.

The best things, IMO, that you can tell your daughter is never to spend more than she has and NEVER let people know exactly how intelligent she is. To what extent I guess you could say.

There are only 4 people that I know of, who know who I am both in person and on this board. Of those 4, 3 only know part of who I am. It may be a pretty big part at this point as I've spilled a lot beans here lately, but they don't know it all. There's a reason for that and the reason being is that you just don't let anyone all the way inside until you've known them for a long time. (The only reason I've spilled what I have to this point is to let one of those 3 get to know me more. The other 2....they may comprehend what I've written but I don't think they're going to understand on the level that the 3rd one does. ) This goes for both your personal side and your business side. Whatever people know about me is exactly what I've chosen for them to know. I'm a writer. I choose my words carefully. And I choose ceratin things to share for the purpose of getting to know someone on a personal level and to get ahead in life on a business level.

Myself, I don't use people on a personal level to get ahead in business. I'm smarter than that AND I'm a good person. But tell your daughter that if she wants to move up, find people on the point of the ladder where she wants to be and befriend them if she can. Not to use them but to get a better undersatnding of how they got there so she can better plan her route to the top. We all need help from tme to time. I had to learn that the hard way. When she finds people like that, remind her that those are her friends and they're the ones she DOESN'T step on to get to the top. Only the a-holes who purposely get in her way should she step over.

And this is where keeping your intelligence to yourself is a good thing, because the more certain people know of what you're capable of, the better equipped they are to get to where you're going. By using what you gave them. An insight into your intelligence.

Now, I wish there was a way I could properly explain to you as to how you can use the system to your advantage but, linguistically, I'm just not there yet. The best way I can describe that process at this point is to tell you to know more about how the system works than the system knows about you.

Always keep an ace up your sleeve. You never know when you might need it.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Here's my philosophy:

I am a bright guy, and I am usually successful in everything I do. I pride myself in being a quick study, and as soon as I am comfortable with the goals or rules I am able to win just about anything I set my mind to, but.....

I noticed several years ago that I was constantly bucking the system. I was constantly running into road blocks, and headaches, and legal troubles, and financial troubles, etc., etc. My brother pointed out to me that I am always trying to buck the system. Instead of learning and abiding by the rules and beating them at their own game, I was constantly trying to martyr myself in the name of justice, morality, and integrity. Seemed like a worthy approach, but it wasn't working.

So, I switched my game up. I looked into all the things I was eligible for from the government. I stopped turning things down, and I stopped trying to be so independent. I started playing by the established rules of the game.

There was an ugly conversion period where I ended up losing my nice truck, and my house. I quit my corporate job and took a job making less than 50% of my previous income. I got qualified for food stamps, I moved my whole family in with my parents in a large foreclosure house, and we rented the upstairs to a family friend. We cut our expenses to almost nothing, and I was eligible for foodstamps for a little while, which was almost triple what I was actually spending on food, so I was able to stock up on a very nice survival supply, and I was able to share some of the food with a daycare and with friends and family.

Long story short, I now have a government job, with great benefits, free health insurance for my family, 6 weeks of vacation leave and another 2.5 weeks of sick leave every year in addition to 11 paid holidays and a 7-4 work schedule. My old house that I gave up was apparently not able to be foreclosed, so I now have it rented out, free income, no payments for the foreseeable future. The house I am living in is now fully remodeled, nice pool, big yard, pond with bass and bream, fruit trees, vines, etc., and a big garden we are planting this weekend. My parents ended up moving back out of state, so we have the large house to ourselves. The upstairs is now used for a live-in nanny that doesn't cost us a dime! She babysits in return for room and board, and she helps out with housework, dishes, and cooking. After losing my nice truck, I now have an older truck, but it is paid for, and I also sold my Yamaha motorcycle, and instead I now have a nice, fat, Harley that is also paid for.

Again, to make a long story a little shorter, stop bucking the system, and instead, learn the rules of the game and then win the dam thing!

I won't teach my children to buck the system like I did, instead, I will teach them to stick by their morals, but also to see through the B.S. and figure out a way to win the dam thing!

Captain Kirk did it. When given an unwinnable scenario, instead of tossing in the towel, he changed the rules of the game!

edit on 8-3-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

There we go......THAT'S what I was trying to say.
Use the system to your advantage.

I think a lot of people don't even try because they don't look at it that way. They see it as a means of support and not as a means to better thier lives to the point where they don't need it anymore. I'm not just talking aout Govt. programs either. You can be at your job for 10 years and get to top and then sit back and be satisfied with what you have. Or, you can use that position and/or the money you've gained from it to start doing something else that you've been wanting to do. A career perhaps that would you satisfy you on a more personal level.

Thanks again, you just clarified something for me and ddn't even know it.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Thanks very much for all the great replies.

To give a bit of history, I was on top of the world 10 years ago. Had a thriving business, making money like a rap star, and having a ball with life. I have always been kind of a risk taker, and while it usually ends up not as good as I had hoped, I have had some fun that most only dream about. But when the economy started downhill, I was already invested and used up. So I had to learn the same lesson my parents and grandparents had tried to teach me. The same lesson a few of you have mentioned.

I lost a good but of "stuff" and a lot of money, but I still have my family and in the end, that is all that really matters. I almost lost the house, but the mortgage company bent over backwards to help. I lost my business, but was luck enough to find a good job making about 65% of what I was making when things were good. I now have three cars that are all paid for, my mortgage is low and a little in the bank.

I look around at the people I admire and I see how they do things. It seems they all live conservatively and still have fun. So that is a great way to go in my opinion. My kids are smart and they seem to actually listen to me now after seeing a bit of the hardship. (they have no idea how bad it really was and I pray they never find out)

I am not hiding among the sheep out of laziness. I am playing the game and biding my time because I just don't see any benefit in being a martyr. When enough people understand how wrong things are, then there might be some benefit in standing up. I had hope for the original Tea party, but after about a week, it was hijacked, then the occupy movement seemed to have good numbers, but absolutely no leadership. Eventually, a group will pull something together and the time may become right. That is what I am asking advice about. Is that the right way to go? At this point, I have to appear confident with my kids, but in reality, I am a bit worried about it. I want to teach them to do everything with the future in mind.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

That is one hell of a story. I almost wish i had the convictions to do something like that. Between work, kids, marrage, its hard to find the time to work on such a life changing decision. Good for you.

And to the person who started this thread... don't let the negative get to you. Teach your children to look behind the curtain, and they should make the right decisions. The list of people who are opening their eyes to what is going on is getting bigger. Their is hope as long as you look in the right places.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I am not hiding among the sheep out of laziness. I am playing the game and biding my time because I just don't see any benefit in being a martyr. When enough people understand how wrong things are, then there might be some benefit in standing up. I had hope for the original Tea party, but after about a week, it was hijacked, then the occupy movement seemed to have good numbers, but absolutely no leadership. Eventually, a group will pull something together and the time may become right. That is what I am asking advice about. Is that the right way to go? At this point, I have to appear confident with my kids, but in reality, I am a bit worried about it. I want to teach them to do everything with the future in mind.

You stole these words right out of my head.

This is EXACTLY what I have been saying for several years. I supported the Tea Party, I supported the OWS folks, and I am always hoping for some movement to come along and actually have the convictions to make the sacrifices to stick it out for real change.

At present time, even though things are in bad shape, most people are still too comfortable to want to see any actual upheaval and real change. So, we are left playing the game, prepping, and educating our children to also be prepped, willing, and tenacious enough to take the reigns if the change doesn't happen during our lifetime.

I was appalled at the debt ceiling hike, because, as a responsible adult, I want to shoulder the burdens today, I don't want to put them off to future generations. I want to get the show on the road, take our lumps, and get to the business of fixing things, but it seems the majority would rather procrastinate the inevitable, so we are left teaching values, skills, morals, and commitment to our children and praying they are ready when the fateful day arrives.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

More important than playing by the rules it is to know the rules, learn all about them and be prepared to make constructive contributions at the right moment in time and raise awareness among those willing to listen. Whenever your circle of influence gets wider and the people involved, know you as a correct and peaceful person of principles with a stable personality speak up for those in need of a voice and lead by example. This attitude is not a mercenary one, it just saves the energy of action for the right moment so to make a real difference in people's lives and efficiently influence ethical change.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

This is only partially true. People (conscious attackers) will collectively run up the credit card with additional costs and purchases (adding an item she didnt pay for, or a few dollars here and there at each transaction to where it cannot be kept track of on that small scale). They then in turn will hurt and prosecute the person for something that they actually did to them in the first place.

Kinda like credit protection and all that BS. Why would a consumer have to PURCHASE credit protection, at say an avg cost of $100 per year? They setup and put in place the credit system. So why should a participant in that system have to pay an outside company for protection within that system that the credit company created? Why isnt the CC company in control of that which they are attacking/prosecuting for?

Also, whats with every scrub having access to ones credit? $7 an hour minimum wage employees (say in a billing dept at a drs office just for example) can mis-bill something that can affect your credit poorly, and they have no knowledge of the credit system and are basically unskilled when it comes to that. But this person can mess up your credit if they dont like you, are a racist, sexist, etc. All things we promote in America! YAY!

Too many holes and lack of security in the credit system to go around hurting people for participating in it. Fix your system then you can try to justify hurting people. Because we all know its not justified. They are trapping resources meant to be free in the first place. If they remove you from your job and ability to pay the CC bill, then they attack you for it, they are even more guilty. Theres a lot of justice thats going to catch up soon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join