It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian revolution: grassroots rebellion or CIA orchestrated regime change?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I found this great article from Veterans Today. Yes, I know, that outlet is controversial. However, this article is highly sourced and has a good context of today's events in both Syria and Libya, compared to other widely known (as of today) CIA orchestrated regime changes and operations, such as the bombings of Laos and subsequent CIA heroin drug running out of that country. Look up Air America. They even made a movie about it.

I highly recommend reading the entire article. Here are some snipits.

Since its creation in 1947, the CIA has mounted approximately 3,000 major operations and 10,000 minor operations of this nature, every one of them illegal and many of them “bloody and gory beyond comprehension”. According to former CIA agent John Stockwell (who was involved in several such operations), by 1988, over six million people had been killed as a result

Kanj said he was instructed “to incite people to protest, particularly outside the Ummayad Mosque in Damascus” and in the flashpoint protest towns of Daraa, Latakia and Banias, to “incite protests to topple the regime and to carry out acts of sabotage”. Agence France-Presse, citing Syria’s Ath-Thawra newspaper, said that Kanj was instructed “to open fire on protesters in order to sow disarray and lead people to believe that the security forces was shooting on the demonstrators.”

With little or no direct access to events in Syria, most Western media reports rely on the claims of unnamed ‘opposition activists‘ who, frankly, could be anyone, and an organisation calling itself the ‘Local Coordination Committees of Syria‘ (LCC), which claims to be a “collection of local committees in towns and cities across Syria that meet, plan and organize events on the ground. Together the committees formed the Local Coordinating Committees of Syria, an umbrella organization with members from most cities and many smaller towns across Syria.” Strangely enough, however, the web sites associated with this LCC are based in Germany and owned by a person named Andreas Bertsch.

As you can see, western intelligence organizations are using the same Islamic Extremest/Al Queda fighters they used to overthrow Gaddafi in Libya, to overthrow Assad in Syria. And just like in Lybia where Gaddafi wanted to start his own petro dollar to sell his oil, Syria started trading their oil in Euros in 2006.

Of course, there are also more mundane reasons like the fact that, in 2006, the Syrian government switched all of the state’s foreign currency transactions from dollars to euros,

General Wesley Clark, former supreme allied NATO commander and Democratic presidential nominee in 2008, has stated publicly on numerous occasions that it was the goal of the west to overthrow 7 countries in 5 years. Obviously the timeline has taken a bit longer, but the goal is obviously still underway.

In an interview with Amy Goodman on March 2, 2007, U.S. General Wesley Clark (Ret.), explained that the Bush Administration planned to “take out” seven countries in five years: Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Iran.

All of this relates to the revelations about "Syrian Danny", who was caught perpetrating fake news on CNN. He's a British activist and likely intelligence asset who western media outlets are using to justify the efforts to overthrow Assad.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

My goal with this thread isn't to deny the atrocities of many of the totalitarian Arab regimes, but to illustrate some for the reasons why they have had to clamp down so hard. They are under direct threat of extermination for not playing ball with the west, and they are acting accordingly.

whereby some Arab governments that refuse to submit to Western and Israeli dominance are continually harassed and destabilized to the point that they are forced, in order to survive, to develop a security infrastructure that is, to one extent or another, totalitarian. Western powers and the Israelis can then, when it suits them best, decry the lack of ‘freedom’ within the targeted nation and begin the process of overthrowing the government. See Hugo Chavez’s terms as Venezuelan president as an example of how this ‘game’ is played by Western powers.

Once again, I highly recommend reading the entire article.

Syrian Revolution or CIA regime change?
edit on 8-3-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
any opposing nation to US interests that has a strong grassroots movement to overthrow the local dictators will pretty much always find the CIA helping them out. to say its either black or white is trying to diminish the complexities of the world into cowboys and indians.
its a mix...Syria is a strategic area, it is in the interest of the west in general for them to become pro-western..many of the people within the country would like that move, so it stands to reason they are being helped by a undercurrent of the CIA to progress their movements..

Same way if back in the say, 70s, if there was a undercurrent in a country for communism, the USSR would have eventually taken notice and aided it to grow if possible.

The world is a chess board.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
And before the CIA we just had the Marines

Excerpt from a speech delivered in 1933, by Major General Smedley Butler, USMC.

War is just a racket. A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of people. Only a small inside group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few at the expense of the masses.

I believe in adequate defense at the coastline and nothing else. If a nation comes over here to fight, then we'll fight. The trouble with America is that when the dollar only earns 6 percent over here, then it gets restless and goes overseas to get 100 percent. Then the flag follows the dollar and the soldiers follow the flag.

I wouldn't go to war again as I have done to protect some lousy investment of the bankers. There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

There isn't a trick in the racketeering bag that the military gang is blind to. It has its "finger men" to point out enemies, its "muscle men" to destroy enemies, its "brain men" to plan war preparations, and a "Big Boss" Super-Nationalistic-Capitalism.

It may seem odd for me, a military man to adopt such a comparison. Truthfulness compels me to. I spent thirty- three years and four months in active military service as a member of this country's most agile military force, the Marine Corps. I served in all commissioned ranks from Second Lieutenant to Major-General. And during that period, I spent most of my time being a high class muscle- man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the Bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism.

I suspected I was just part of a racket at the time. Now I am sure of it. Like all the members of the military profession, I never had a thought of my own until I left the service. My mental faculties remained in suspended animation while I obeyed the orders of higher-ups. This is typical with everyone in the military service.

I helped make Mexico, especially Tampico, safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefits of Wall Street. The record of racketeering is long. I helped purify Nicaragua for the international banking house of Brown Brothers in 1909-1912 (where have I heard that name before?). I brought light to the Dominican Republic for American sugar interests in 1916. In China I helped to see to it that Standard Oil went its way unmolested.

During those years, I had, as the boys in the back room would say, a swell racket. Looking back on it, I feel that I could have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.

new topics

join