It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Whites More Discriminated Against Than Blacks?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan
The biggest oppressors of whites are anti-whites. They are miserable liberals that somehow were convinced they are racially guilty, and go out of their way to spread this mindset on other whites. And the people that started ALL OF THIS crap, and who run the world, look white, but be assured, they ARE NOT. All the horrible things these people did to non-whites, they do to whites as well. It is a common enemy nobody likes to talk about, but they profit greatly on the racism and AA market.

Everyone needs to put the PC point scale to the side for a minute and wake up to this glaring fact.

Interesting point of view and valid in many ways. This is exactly the reason why I feel this is more of a class/culture issue than it is a race issue.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

Been there myself and was even held up at a pawn shop for being in the "wrong" part of town, I GREW UP IN!

Anyways... I feel your pain, but to my advantage, since I grew up in all of this my black friends don't look at me as being white, just another male friend... Just as I don't think of them as being my "black" friends, but just friends...

What I think is funny is how they claimed "so she think she is better then us" when I think I am better at some people in things, it's called confidence... Nothing wrong with that...

Me and my DJ friends think we are better then each other too... we all know I'm the best though...

ATS @ work is an awesome time killer...
edit on 9-3-2012 by SmArTbEaTz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms
Are we all in agreement that discrimination and racism, though related, are not the same thing?

I don't think we are all in agreement.
As I and others DO think that discrimination and racism Are the same thing.

Neither is prejudice and racism the same thing.

Once again, they ARE the same thing.

Reading some posts on this thread, I'm not so sure that some can tell the difference.

And it obvious from your post that you cant see that they ARE the same thing.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmArTbEaTz

Originally posted by andersensrm

Originally posted by Blairc56
I've heard many black ppl blame there problems on the white ppl. Today's blacks never went through salvery, nor did they go through the racial times of mid 1900's. On average black ppl get more help from the goverment than white, people.

I would agree on all but the last line... You might want to check the stats on that one...

You might want to check your ability to understand statisics. Just because number wise, more white people get government assistance, doesn't mean they get "more". You have to standardize the numbers, you can't do without the original data, to compare them relatively to get an accurate comparison. There are more white people in America, so of course that is going to skew the results.

I have no idea why you are attacking me, but you must have a hard time reading because I never stated that I knew the stats, just that they might want to check on them... and I looked but couldn't find any results from this decade... If you can, I'm so happy for you... Now bug off...

but I do agree there are more white people in America so yes it would skew the results. Good point, but lay off the personal attacks and just state your points...

Sorry I wasn't trying to attack you in any way. I sometimes tend to get "aggresive" in my discussions, sorry if I offended you in any way, but it was not intended.

I can't find any results, and I don't know how you would. To try to figure out with numbers, who gets discrimnated against more is impractical. What we should be doing is focusing on equal rights for every U.S. citizen. No more classifying things into race. No race groups, no sex groups no nothing. The NAACP, should change to the National Association for the Advancement of People (NAAP). All people, all races, all sexes, all relgions.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Are we all in agreement that discrimination and racism, though related, are not the same thing? Neither is prejudice and racism the same thing. Reading some posts on this thread, I'm not so sure that some can tell the difference.

Yes. Discrimination of race is racism. Discrimination of sex is sexism. Seems pretty straight forward to me.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

... but to my advantage, since I grew up in all of this my black friends don't look at me as being white, just another male friend...

And why is that? Because you crossed the cultural barrier in their eyes and were no longer considered "whitey". Same goes the other way around, skate boarding is a good example. Skateboarding is predominately a white activity, yet I have seen quite a few black guys in a mostly white click/posse. Everyone in the group acted, talked and dressed the same way. They shared a familiarity with each other which crossed over the concept of race.

What does a white teen with saggy pants that listens to hip hop have in common with a white business man? Nothing. But he'll have more in common with an urbanized black kid that listens to the same music and rocks the same style.

Again IMO this is more a culture/class issue than a racism issue.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
i agree with the OP in this thread, i am a white male 23 years old

i serve my country proudly and am in the process of working for the state DOC, now my resume isn't amazing i only have two years of college but i do have military service which for the job im applying for is a big thing. but because of affirmative action if a african american goes for the same job as me the likely hood of me getting the job significantly decreases. people know that if they hire a white person over a african american that the african american can play the race card, no matter who was better suited for the job.

im from MA and a year or two back there was a harvard professor who was arrested at his home by a cambridge police officer, now the professor had no ID on him and didn't have his keys to his house so he was trying to break into it from his back door and his neighbors called the police. when they arrived they arrested the professor because they didn't know who he was, he had no ID so they couldnt believe who he was at first. now once they actually found out who he was they let him go and nothing happened to him. instead of letting bygones be bygones the professor tried to have the officers fired for racially profiling him because he was black and the officers white.

www.boston.com...

Gates accused the investigating officer of being a racist and told him he had "no idea who he was messing with,'' the report said. Gates told the officer that he was being targeted because "I'm a black man in America

its 2012 people can't we let the racial bigotry pass us, black people are treated no differently then white people in this nation

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
I'm a straight, white male, normally physically proportioned, full time employed, in great health, with no addictions and no children.

I have the fewest "special rights" amongst any group in North America.

I would love to see a list of these "special rights".

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by WozaMeathed

Are we all in agreement that discrimination and racism, though related, are not the same thing?

I don't think we are all in agreement.
As I and others DO think that discrimination and racism Are the same thing.

Neither is prejudice and racism the same thing.

Once again, they ARE the same thing.

Reading some posts on this thread, I'm not so sure that some can tell the difference.

And it obvious from your post that you cant see that they ARE the same thing.

Because they are related and tied into each other DOES NOT mean they are the same thing. They are not synonymous.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
A job that is highly advanced and require higher education would never pick a person by their colour, but rather by their skills. These AA you guys have in states must be for less advanced jobs and i bet this whole, they WILL pick a black guy over white guy is over exaggerated.

But seriously folks come over to Canada! higher tax but better living, you barely see racism and i personally think people of different culture/colour get along here well.
edit on 3/9/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blairc56
I've heard many black ppl blame there problems on the white ppl. Today's blacks never went through salvery, nor did they go through the racial times of mid 1900's. On average black ppl get more help from the goverment than white, people.

I would agree on all but the last line... You might want to check the stats on that one...

You might want to check your ability to understand statisics. Just because number wise, more white people get government assistance, doesn't mean they get "more". You have to standardize the numbers, you can't do without the original data, to compare them relatively to get an accurate comparison. There are more white people in America, so of course that is going to skew the results.

I have no idea why you are attacking me, but you must have a hard time reading because I never stated that I knew the stats, just that they might want to check on them... and I looked but couldn't find any results from this decade... If you can, I'm so happy for you... Now bug off...

but I do agree there are more white people in America so yes it would skew the results. Good point, but lay off the personal attacks and just state your points...

Sorry I wasn't trying to attack you in any way. I sometimes tend to get "aggresive" in my discussions, sorry if I offended you in any way, but it was not intended.

I can't find any results, and I don't know how you would. To try to figure out with numbers, who gets discrimnated against more is impractical. What we should be doing is focusing on equal rights for every U.S. citizen. No more classifying things into race. No race groups, no sex groups no nothing. The NAACP, should change to the National Association for the Advancement of People (NAAP). All people, all races, all sexes, all relgions.

No problem... As I stated in my previous post kids do not see color as an issue so why should we? We have much to learn from our kids.

As long as we have labels there will be racism...

I love this statement you made ---- "The NAACP, should change to the National Association for the Advancement of People (NAAP). All people, all races, all sexes, all religions." Well said, but it will never happen sadly as long as people keep digging up the past, without all the facts...

I tended to get fed up when trying to apply for college scholarships only to find out I did not qualify because of my color or nationality when I was born here, but others that weren't do. Coming from a broke family it hurts to be told you can't afford school when all you want is an education.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Are we all in agreement that discrimination and racism, though related, are not the same thing? Neither is prejudice and racism the same thing. Reading some posts on this thread, I'm not so sure that some can tell the difference.

Yes. Discrimination of race is racism. Discrimination of sex is sexism. Seems pretty straight forward to me.

Yes and that proves my point that discrimination and racism are not the same thing. Neither is prejudice and racism the same thing, though all term CAN be related to one another. Racism is the belief of superioty of one race over another. Prejudice is preconceived opinion or idea on something or someone beforehand. Discrimination is exclusion (which requires the power to exclude) of a group or favoring another group based soley dependent on race, sex, age etc..

It's like heads and tail on a coin, both are part of the coin but are not the same thing.
edit on 9-3-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

... but to my advantage, since I grew up in all of this my black friends don't look at me as being white, just another male friend...

And why is that? Because you crossed the cultural barrier in their eyes and were no longer considered "whitey".

No, because they are my friends and are smart enough to know the difference. They don't consider any white person "whitey". That really didn't exist in my group of friends and was frowned upon... Just like we never used nigga either because it's showed ignorance and disrespect towards our friends.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SmArTbEaTz

Yes it does suck, and it saddens me how we don't focus enough on education. Hopefully we fix that soon. If the potential, and effort is there, then no one should be denied education. Everyone should get the chance to improve themselves, and show what they can do, and how they can do it, and hopefully along the way gain skills related to productivity to all of us. Unfortunately we are more focused on, who wins the next election, who has the oil, and who has the power, rather than fixing our problems, that IMHO are not insurmountable, and need to be addressed soon..

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

Exactly, I guess I'm just having a hard time determining your point in "pointing" this out.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by RealSpoke
If you think getting called a cracker in school ....

That whole 'cracker' thing ... The 'N' word is so bad that hardly anyone even says it fully out .... but the 'cracker' word gets tossed around very easily. It's like the hate behind the word is not taken as seriously as the hate behind the 'N' word. It's a double standard.

Maybe it's because the word 'cracker' just sounds like such an absurd word to be chosen for a 'hate word'. Someone yells 'Cracker'. Okay . I think Ritz or Saltines? Whatever.

edit on 3/9/2012 by FlyersFan because: typo
Cracker doesn't have the history behind it like Nigger does, so I really don't get your point. Granted it's a stupid thing to call someone, but still.

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by babybunnies
I'm a straight, white male, normally physically proportioned, full time employed, in great health, with no addictions and no children.

I have the fewest "special rights" amongst any group in North America.

I would love to see a list of these "special rights".
Same.
edit on 9-3-2012 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Racism is the belief of superioty of one race over another.

Actually, you are wrong and andersensrm is right. Racism is defined as a support for discrimination. Belief in genetic superiority of certain race is not enough to be called a racist.

Racism is the belief that inherent different traits in human racial groups justify discrimination.

Racism

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Exactly, I guess I'm just having a hard time determining your point in "pointing" this out.

My point was that many in this thread are complaining about prejudice and racism when the thread is about discrimination.

Here are three made up examples and you tell me which two of the four are examples of discrimination:

1. "I went to check out an apartment with my wife which I saw on CL. I contacted the owner by email and he agree to show us the apartment. Once we got there, the second the owner saw me the look he gave me told me right from the start that he wasn't interested in renting to black people."

2. "Living in my neighborhood, I ran into some mexicans that called me cracker and wanted to beat me up because they hated "whiteboys like me".

3. "I grew up in a town that was white then little by little blacks started coming in. Now I walk around and cant get past the stares, I know it's because I'm white. Sooner or later my town isn't going to be familiar anymore."

4. "I had an interview today which I thought went pretty well but the interviewer looked like he didn't even pay attention to anything I said. It wasnt until the interview ended when I looked around and noticed nothing but latinos around. I know I didnt get the job because I'm white."

Bah nevermind, I realize now that I'm just nitpicking. Though I would prefer the topic to remain about whites being more discriminated than blacks with examples, I should know that it would eventually turn into a racism/prejudice/bigotry thread.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I just wish I lived in a world where the most qualified person for the job, gets the job.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
There is discrimination against all races but I dont think it's fair how blacks can call white people crackers and honkeys and rednecks or wetbacks and when someone says the n word it's all bad. They expect to be able to say racial slurs and not have someone say one back to them. I just have seen that from my own personal experience. Not everyone is like that but I have seen that lots of times.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join