It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Are Whites More Discriminated Against Than Blacks?

page: 16
46
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Wow this thread when down the drain real fast...

Here is my take on the issue:

A person identifies with their race and culture first and feels a sense of comfort because of the familiarity. There is nothing wrong with that. It's not a skin color or language issue (for the most part), it's a cultural/class issue. Without education (especially cultural), limited diversity (I said limited for the reasons mentioned above) and tolerance, bigotry will always exist.

Our economic system is one of scarcity and competition (because we choose for it to be that way). It is also one of gross inequality. When that changes, our education will change and our class struggles will lessen. Hopefully with a different paradigm things will change.
edit on 9-3-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)




posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by WozaMeathed
 


I'm not stereotyping all whites.

I'm specifically talking to those white people who feel like they are victims...hence why I said "white victims".


The things people call "racist" these days.



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by WozaMeathed
 


I'm not stereotyping all whites.

I'm specifically talking to those white people who feel like they are victims...hence why I said "white victims".


The things people call "racist" these days.


Yes because it's impossible to be racist if you're black or hispanic right? And it's impossible to be discriminated against if you're white. Thanks Outkast!

[SNIP]
edit on 9-3-2012 by burdman30ott6 because: MOD NOTE: Keep it on topic



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmArTbEaTz
For a site mod you sure do assume much... you just lost cred... nice rambling tho...


At the risk of being as off topic as you are, the last gasp of a failed argument. Please come back when you can apply logic to a topic. Apologies folks but I get tired of this limp argument.



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword
 


Whites were slaves too, endentured, life long slaves. This is one of the biggest reasons whites left Britain. Blacks owned black slaves also, sometimes it was to save the lives of their friends and family. But sometimes, they just owned slaves like any white person.

Money changes people, what they might not be okay with at one monetary level, they are at another. People are people, and it's sad that anyone would life off the hard work and pain of another.



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by SmArTbEaTz
For a site mod you sure do assume much... you just lost cred... nice rambling tho...


At the risk of being as off topic as you are, the last gasp of a failed argument. Please come back when you can apply logic to a topic. Apologies folks but I get tired of this limp argument.


I was on topic and stating my point of view before YOU started putting words in my mouth by assuming something you know nothing about so drop it!. You should be stripped of your mod rights...



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by pagan_night
reply to post by The Sword
 


Whites were slaves too, endentured, life long slaves. This is one of the biggest reasons whites left Britain. Blacks owned black slaves also, sometimes it was to save the lives of their friends and family. But sometimes, they just owned slaves like any white person.

Money changes people, what they might not be okay with at one monetary level, they are at another. People are people, and it's sad that anyone would life off the hard work and pain of another.


Thank you... One of the points I was making before intrepid, a so-called mod, decided to put words in my mouth.
edit on 9-3-2012 by SmArTbEaTz because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I know of a very successful company in Century City, CA, connected to a hugely successful well known corporation--- And inside the culture of this company, they are known for strongly preferring white employees. It is unspoken. It's nothing anyone would admit to. They would only say they are only looking for traditional conservative corporate appearances. Everyone must look great. And yet, when a 20-something black woman dressed professionally, and absolutely beautiful (which is also an unspoken requirement for the women) was hired as receptionist, some of the execs were asking around "Who hired her? Why was she hired? The receptionist is the face, the first person people see when they come to the top floor of this building-- Who thought she was the right fit?"

The human resources department has to find ways of saying... This candidate just doesn't fit the culture of the company. Or simply not a good fit. But anytime they walk a black person through the hallways to show them the company, they get stares from the execs, like... you're not really going to hire this person, right?

They make jokes later saying thing like, "What was up with that candidate? Who brought her in?"

I don't think the execs think they are racist. I think the company believes they are very traditional and conservative and just expect a certain higher quality. I'm not sure if they realize they are being discriminatory and making HR jump through hoops to make it all look legit.

No, I don't think white people generally have this problem.



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
We have sunk very far down the collectivist hole.

Let's put it simply.

It's ok to have "Black History Month" and the NAACP right?

What if we had "White History Month" and National Association for the Advancement of WHITE People?



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave
 
No. Here is what you said:



God forbid you stop the fringe right wing white male that populates ATS from having a platform to spout off their delusions that stem from their own racism.


It's one thing for you to be angry. Being disingenuous is quite another and only serves to undermine the credibility of any argument you attempt to present.



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters
 


Agreed, after all we are all human beings underneah the skin. Why do they want to stir that pot again? They're up to something, what I don't know. I'll have to think about it some more and formulate an idea. More thhan likely the vote.Whatver I think they're trying to get us off the real issues in this country, and I hope we on ATS are more astute than that here to let ourselves be sidetracked.



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie
I know of a very successful company in Century City, CA, connected to a hugely successful well known corporation--- And inside the culture of this company, they are known for strongly preferring white employees. It is unspoken. It's nothing anyone would admit to. They would only say they are only looking for traditional conservative corporate appearances. Everyone must look great. And yet, when a 20-something black woman dressed professionally, and absolutely beautiful (which is also an unspoken requirement for the women) was hired as receptionist, some of the execs were asking around "Who hired her? Why was she hired? The receptionist is the face, the first person people see when they come to the top floor of this building-- Who thought she was the right fit?"

The human resources department has to find ways of saying... This candidate just doesn't fit the culture of the company. Or simply not a good fit. But anytime they walk a black person through the hallways to show them the company, they get stares from the execs, like... you're not really going to hire this person, right?

They make jokes later saying thing like, "What was up with that candidate? Who brought her in?"

I don't think the execs think they are racist. I think the company believes they are very traditional and conservative and just expect a certain higher quality. I'm not sure if they realize they are being discriminatory and making HR jump through hoops to make it all look legit.

No, I don't think white people generally have this problem.


I believe it... but I also believe it happens to all races. Try going into a Spanish company to get hired in Puerto Rico and I bet the same would happen. My son is mixed between Puerto Rican/white and I understand Spanish quite well, and you can hear Spanish people belittle others right in their faces because they do not know Spanish. This is going to happen people as long as you live in a right to hire, right to fire state they can do as they please. The same will happen if you go into a family owned Hindi store, Jamaican store or any other...

Such is life... you are going to have good and you are going to have bad ideals... Just go work somewhere where you are wanted...



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke
 


Being called a cracker isn't real racism? How about a gang of Latino girls beating up my daughter? Does that qualify? And then we add PC coming from the Principle at her school, a white man, so driven to make Latino's feel comfortable, my daughter is thrown to the side.

I don't know where you come from, but to me, yes, that is clearly racism.

I have a wonderful friend that I watched being called a ni***r by a truck full of white men, do you think I reacted any different to that, than I did to what my daughter went through? No! Racism is racism, period.



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
reply to post by ollncasino
 


Perhaps if the world stopped discriminating against women (51% of the worlds population) the lesser biases in the world would be mote.

Some believe that women hold most of the power in the world,

and have forever.

If they don't, why is that? They do outnumber men. They are smarter.



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I'm a straight, white male, normally physically proportioned, full time employed, in great health, with no addictions and no children.

I have the fewest "special rights" amongst any group in North America.



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
What I'm wondering is why racism and racist have been demonized at all. My view on the subject is that racism is a natural survival trait expressed by an individual as an extension of himself wanting to protect and advance his culture. Why is it in the entire history of the world do we now have moral qualms about subject like migratory invassions. History is filled with examples of people protecting their families, culture, and land against illegal migratory invassions. Do you think the ancients entertained any thoughts of " well maybe these people are disadvantaged and come from an impoverished nation, maybe we should accept them in our society as equals." F*CK no they didn't, because they knew in no uncertain terms that to allow foriegners to invade it would mean the end of their culture. The problem with this country is that the race who doused it and built it has been brainwashed by Jewish media to believe in liberalism and multiculturalism, propaganda designed to destroy our race. And before you call this a nation of immigrants, I will point out that my race is a race of conquerors. I don't feel I should be ashamed of that. That's simply nature at its finest. The weak overtaken by the strong! I am proud to be descended from a race of conquerors!!! Other races expressing their racism toward whites are simply fallowing their true nature. WTF happened to whites? Everyone else seems to have their priorities straight except the white race. What do you think they call it race, 'cause we're all trying to reach the finish line. And the best man always wins, why the f*ck did we slow down because we were winning? To help out the poor stragglers? One day we will awaken to our amazing heratage as a race of creators and innovators, everyone else are infiltrators and imitators! Wake up white America!



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
I'm a straight, white male, normally physically proportioned, full time employed, in great health, with no addictions and no children.

I have the fewest "special rights" amongst any group in North America.


The best thing to be in this country is an overweight homosexual unemployed black woman with 9 kids. Free food and housing for life. White man loses his job? Sleep on the street.
edit on 9-3-2012 by TheAnswerTo1984 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I've heard many black ppl blame there problems on the white ppl. Today's blacks never went through salvery, nor did they go through the racial times of mid 1900's. On average black ppl get more help from the goverment than white, people.



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SmArTbEaTz
 


You are Welcome.

It's frustrating that every day people do not realize, that at one time or another, every race has been at the "low end of the stick", so to speak. And just about every race has owned slaves from their own race. But, of course we have to keep this division going. It's sad. Facts seem to get tossed to the side, and history will continue to repeat because of this..



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by merkaba93
We have sunk very far down the collectivist hole.

Let's put it simply.

It's ok to have "Black History Month" and the NAACP right?

What if we had "White History Month" and National Association for the Advancement of WHITE People?



I was waiting for someone to finally bring this up... Why not make a White Entertainment Television then as well?

See the issue with this is IMO other non-white races look at "regular" as "white". Example... "Day time soaps are for white people", no there are for PEOPLE... I do not see why everything has to be labeled... So regular lawyer is a white lawyer? This thought process is garbage IMO. You don't have to agree but that's how I feel.




top topics



 
46
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

log in

join