It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Are Whites More Discriminated Against Than Blacks?

page: 14
46
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAnswerTo1984

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

Originally posted by TheAnswerTo1984

Originally posted by NuminousCosmos
I have never been racially repressed, attacked by clowns in white hoods, nor have I been sold into slavery. This is one white man who thinks those other white men need to learn history and actually understand what discrimination against color really means.


I think you need to learn about the history of slavery especially during the times of the Roman Empire and how far more white people have been enslaved through out history than blacks. You should also learn how the Africans enslaved themselves long before the white man ever set foot on their land... or how the Africans sold their own people to the white man in a time where the entire world took part in slavery. You should also learn about how the Africans continue to enslave themselves to this day. I guess that's the white man too isn't it? How about you learn about the Black Panthers and how it's okay for them to threaten white voters with a billy club into voting for a black President before you scream Klu Klux Klan? You probably think the cival war was about slavery don't you? How about you stop hating your own race and start informing yourself instead of being brainwashed?




No one threatened anyone into voting for Obama. Those Panthers were at a Voting Poll in a black neighborhood, and only because there were white people riding around in vans informing black people such things as the polls were closed or they had to have all types of ID to vote. So they were dispatched to insure that didn't happen at their poll. To show how ridiculous the accusation is: How would they know who voted for WHO outside the Poll?

Yes slavery existed before the "white man" but it was a very different type slavery. Europeans introduced chattel slavery which basically makes a slave less than a human. Before the chattel slavery, life as a slave wasn't nearly as demeaning.

Felt I had to squash the half truths and ignorance you were attempting to infect innocents with.


Half truths? Do I really need to link the video of the Black Panthers telling people to kill white babies? Do I really need to link that garbage? Slavery is slavery is slavery. It doesn't matter what you call it. I do see you refused to even mention the fact that Africans SOLD their own people to the white man? You also missed the part where they enslaved by their own people. And the part where they continue to enslave their own people. No let's just straw man the entire argument right?

Unreal. Slavery wasn't really slavery until the black people were slaves? Are you out of your head?

Listen to me. And listen very closely. There is not a black, latino or asian person in this world that deserves a job over me simply because of the color of their skin. Do you understand that? Can you wrap your head around the idea of equality? I will not put up with it. And I will not put up with scum like the Black Panthers running around spewing hatred infecting the minds of those unable to think for themselves.




That Black Panther screaming kill white babies was NOT apart of the voting fiasco, that's a totally different thing. And by the way I disagree with him and would check his chin if I met him also.

No slavery isn't slavery. A slave in Afrika has a term of servitude after which they can work and earn their freedom, join the community and even become a leader in that community. Were Afrikan Americans allowed to do that in America...hell no! Even when slavery was over they had to live in fear of having a cross burned in their yard or being hung.

I have no problem admitting Afrikans sold other Afrikans into slavery, for reasons stated above. They had no idea their brothers would be turned into sub-humans because that's not how slavery works in Afrika.

I have yet to see where someone was denied a job due to skin color because of affirmative action. What would the hiring authority inform someone, "Sorry, I would love to hire you but I have to hire this black guy to meet a quota!"

How STUPID does that sound, what type of law suit could someone file against that employer for discrimination?

This is a result of LIES white men have told other white men to justify themselves not getting a position for years, they blame it on AA when it doesn't work that way.

In a country where all hell is breaking loose because companies do what they want...and not pay taxes and off shore...they are being forced to hire people they don't want?

Stop making excuses to make yourselves feel better...




posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by DZAG Wright
 


All you need is one ID to vote. That is just a simple truth. I would like to see a news article on that white people riding in vans trying to stop black people in a black neighborhood from voting as you say. I think your story is BS too by the way.




Yeah we all know only one ID is needed, but there were people in government vans telling people otherwise. I thought this was well known and I may attempt to find links.



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

Originally posted by TheAnswerTo1984

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

Originally posted by TheAnswerTo1984

Originally posted by NuminousCosmos
I have never been racially repressed, attacked by clowns in white hoods, nor have I been sold into slavery. This is one white man who thinks those other white men need to learn history and actually understand what discrimination against color really means.


I think you need to learn about the history of slavery especially during the times of the Roman Empire and how far more white people have been enslaved through out history than blacks. You should also learn how the Africans enslaved themselves long before the white man ever set foot on their land... or how the Africans sold their own people to the white man in a time where the entire world took part in slavery. You should also learn about how the Africans continue to enslave themselves to this day. I guess that's the white man too isn't it? How about you learn about the Black Panthers and how it's okay for them to threaten white voters with a billy club into voting for a black President before you scream Klu Klux Klan? You probably think the cival war was about slavery don't you? How about you stop hating your own race and start informing yourself instead of being brainwashed?




No one threatened anyone into voting for Obama. Those Panthers were at a Voting Poll in a black neighborhood, and only because there were white people riding around in vans informing black people such things as the polls were closed or they had to have all types of ID to vote. So they were dispatched to insure that didn't happen at their poll. To show how ridiculous the accusation is: How would they know who voted for WHO outside the Poll?

Yes slavery existed before the "white man" but it was a very different type slavery. Europeans introduced chattel slavery which basically makes a slave less than a human. Before the chattel slavery, life as a slave wasn't nearly as demeaning.

Felt I had to squash the half truths and ignorance you were attempting to infect innocents with.


Half truths? Do I really need to link the video of the Black Panthers telling people to kill white babies? Do I really need to link that garbage? Slavery is slavery is slavery. It doesn't matter what you call it. I do see you refused to even mention the fact that Africans SOLD their own people to the white man? You also missed the part where they enslaved by their own people. And the part where they continue to enslave their own people. No let's just straw man the entire argument right?

Unreal. Slavery wasn't really slavery until the black people were slaves? Are you out of your head?

Listen to me. And listen very closely. There is not a black, latino or asian person in this world that deserves a job over me simply because of the color of their skin. Do you understand that? Can you wrap your head around the idea of equality? I will not put up with it. And I will not put up with scum like the Black Panthers running around spewing hatred infecting the minds of those unable to think for themselves.




That Black Panther screaming kill white babies was NOT apart of the voting fiasco, that's a totally different thing. And by the way I disagree with him and would check his chin if I met him also.

No slavery isn't slavery. A slave in Afrika has a term of servitude after which they can work and earn their freedom, join the community and even become a leader in that community. Were Afrikan Americans allowed to do that in America...hell no! Even when slavery was over they had to live in fear of having a cross burned in their yard or being hung.

I have no problem admitting Afrikans sold other Afrikans into slavery, for reasons stated above. They had no idea their brothers would be turned into sub-humans because that's not how slavery works in Afrika.

I have yet to see where someone was denied a job due to skin color because of affirmative action. What would the hiring authority inform someone, "Sorry, I would love to hire you but I have to hire this black guy to meet a quota!"

How STUPID does that sound, what type of law suit could someone file against that employer for discrimination?

This is a result of LIES white men have told other white men to justify themselves not getting a position for years, they blame it on AA when it doesn't work that way.

In a country where all hell is breaking loose because companies do what they want...and not pay taxes and off shore...they are being forced to hire people they don't want?

Stop making excuses to make yourselves feel better...


Just incase you missed them:




And so these slaves weren't really slaves because those slaves are treated better than them slaves. Right... thanks for that explanation.
edit on 9-3-2012 by TheAnswerTo1984 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAnswerTo1984
 


...continued. And yes I have been discriminated against for being white when I'm asked my skin color on an application and denied based on what I put down. I have family that couldn't go to college because the school they applied to needed to fill their quota of minority. Didn't matter how skilled or educated you were. If you weren't black you were not getting in. Sound equal to you? Sound like America? Try going to an all black school and find out how racist kids can be when their mind is filled with hatred spewed by Black Panthers, but GOD FORBID a white person puts a hood on.

ALSO that Black Panther was part of the voting:


edit on 9-3-2012 by TheAnswerTo1984 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright
 


I don't know about the States but that is a common practice up here. Not just Blacks but other "visible minorities" as well. When I moved to Ontario I had to change my driver's lic. and health card. I went to the office and ALL of the people that worked there were not born Canadians. I got the one white older lady and thought, "Hell, at least they hired one Canadian." Nope, turned out she was British.



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright
 


Let me know when the people in the inner cities share everything equally with no crime.



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright
 


Ok, so this is a conspiracy by the govt to keep the black people down??? Try the Democrats first. People are more easily controlled when they are beholden to the State. Marxism in practice.



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAnswerTo1984
 


Educate yourself my man and perhaps ask a black person if you really want to know.

I guess your reading isn't up to par because I've said I don't agree witht he guy screaming kill whitey, I'll go into and explain his type later.



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by DZAG Wright
 


Let me know when the people in the inner cities share everything equally with no crime.




Impossible due to capitalism...



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I've said this before, and I forgot where I heard it. But until America can get over their guilt about the sins of the past, we are going to be stuck in an age that will see minorities getting preferential treatment instead of true equality.

Honestly, we let minorities get away with racism because we don't understand that they're being racist. Why is it that when a random black guy starts calling me "cracker," "honkey," or "snowman" and I call him out as racist, suddenly I'm the racist. No, seriously. This was an actual event I went through. I'm walking in a small shopping center when this dude says to me "Hey, cracker. Give me a dollar." I respond with "I don't appreciate your racism." He proceeded to say how is he being racist, I'm white therefore born racist, and a bunch of other stuff that just blew me away. We actually had an intelligent conversation that ended with him realizing that it's a huge double standard. It was really an odd but enlightening moment for me. I think we need to really reevaluate the way we see the divide in race and make the appropriate steps to try and diminish it.



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by DZAG Wright
 


Ok, so this is a conspiracy by the govt to keep the black people down??? Try the Democrats first. People are more easily controlled when they are beholden to the State. Marxism in practice.




I'll finish educating when I have the time but I'll drop ths gem: How can people be beholden to the State when they ARE the State? That would be socialism.



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I have never been racially repressed, attacked by clowns in white hoods, nor have I been sold into slavery. This is one white man who thinks those other white men need to learn history and actually understand what discrimination against color really means.


Accurate, sure, but how many LIVING African Americans have experienced any of those things?
Likewise, I will NOT be held responsible for something my ancestors did before I had any input on the matter.

I'd have to think that most arguments against "The Man" keeping the black man down died when an African American was elected President.....


I do know I've seen much more anti-white Prejudice in my life... However, I'd still say I've seen more anti-black actual Discrimination in my life so far, but even that has been minute. I think that's a key issue too...most people don't know the difference between these two terms. Prejudice has to do with attitudes toward a race, whereas Discrimination is where those of a different race are subject to different rules, etc. than those of another race.



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Ok, so this is a conspiracy by the govt to keep the black people down???


I know this wasn't directed at me but I thought I should answer this. It goes beyond color. It's to keep the poor down, regardless of color. When there is little avenue for advancement of life despair can set it. With that comes apathy, anger, etc. Drug and alcohol abuse goes up and this creates an atmosphere that feeds off itself and that has NO basis in race. Education is the key but who gives a damn about the poor? Especially when the atmosphere is poison? See the movie Lean on Me to see what I'm talking about.



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
So does this mean I can finally complain about how the black man is bringing the white man down?



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
reply to post by TheAnswerTo1984
 


Educate yourself my man and perhaps ask a black person if you really want to know.

I guess your reading isn't up to par because I've said I don't agree witht he guy screaming kill whitey, I'll go into and explain his type later.


Educate myself on what exactly? How to hate my own race and blame myself for slavery? How to pretend that slaves before black slaves weren't really slaves?



Affirmative action refers to policies that take factors including "race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or national origin"[1] into consideration in order to benefit an underrepresented group, usually justified as countering the effects of a history of discrimination.


This policy doesn't discriminate against those that aren't included in the group that's been discriminated against? The definition of affirmative action is discrimination. I need to educate myself? Maybe you need to stop being blinded by hatred and racism. Ask a black person? Ask them what? "Hey black person come over here look at this here post I did"?

You have a twisted view of reality.
edit on 9-3-2012 by TheAnswerTo1984 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion
So does this mean I can finally complain about how the black man is bringing the white man down?


Only if you are OK with the gov't agenda to set up a system that keeps us bickering with each other. As opposed to making them accountable for their lack of action to create an atmosphere that would actually make people better qualified to have a better shot at life and to question THEM.



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuminousCosmos
I have never been racially repressed, attacked by clowns in white hoods, nor have I been sold into slavery. This is one white man who thinks those other white men need to learn history and actually understand what discrimination against color really means.


You must live in an all white town or something. I can honestly say I'd rather be beaten for being white than put up with what I have to now. I have been turned down for a car loan even when I had half to put down. If I was black, I'd have that car with zero down, zero interest for 10 years, and zero payment for 5 years. It's absolutely INSANE that we let this # happen.

A black guy and a white guy can apply for the same job, and the black guy will 9 times out of 10 get the job even with far less experience than the white guy.

How can you say whites aren't discriminated against when we are the only race that doesn't have special scholarships set up for them? We don't have our own TV channel, and there are no incentives to give whites jobs, loans, scholarships, or other handouts.



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Ok, so this is a conspiracy by the govt to keep the black people down???


I know this wasn't directed at me but I thought I should answer this. It goes beyond color. It's to keep the poor down, regardless of color. When there is little avenue for advancement of life despair can set it. With that comes apathy, anger, etc. Drug and alcohol abuse goes up and this creates an atmosphere that feeds off itself and that has NO basis in race. Education is the key but who gives a damn about the poor? Especially when the atmosphere is poison? See the movie Lean on Me to see what I'm talking about.


Oh yes, I heartily agree with you that the ultimate goal is to keep poor people in general enslaved by the State. I was referring to his reference to govt vans deliberately keeping blacks from voting for the first black Prez. To me, the entire remark was steeped in Liberation theology(assuming of course that the govt is mostly white rich men). .


One of the pillars of Obama's home church, Trinity United Church of Christ, is "economic parity." On the website, Trinity claims that God is not pleased with "America's economic mal-distribution." Among all of controversial comments by Jeremiah Wright, the idea of massive wealth redistribution is the most alarming. The code language "economic parity" and references to "mal-distribution" is nothing more than channeling the twisted economic views of Karl Marx. Black Liberation theologians have explicitly stated a preference for Marxism as an ethical framework for the black church because Marxist thought is predicated on a system of oppressor class (whites) versus victim class (blacks).


Black Liberation theologians James Cone and Cornel West have worked diligently to embed Marxist thought into the black church since the 1970s. For Cone, Marxism best addressed remedies to the condition of blacks as victims of white oppression. In For My People, Cone explains that "the Christian faith does not possess in its nature the means for analyzing the structure of capitalism. Marxism as a tool of social analysis can disclose the gap between appearance and reality, and thereby help Christians to see how things really are."


Perhaps it is the Marxism imbedded in Obama's attendance at Trinity Church that should raise red flags. "Economic parity" and "distribution" language implies things like government-coerced wealth redistribution, perpetual minimum wage increases, government subsidized health care for all, and the like. One of the priorities listed on Obama's campaign website reads, "Obama will protect tax cuts for poor and middle class families, but he will reverse most of the Bush tax cuts for the wealthiest taxpayers."

www.acton.org...



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Why cant we all just get along and drop this racism and discrimination Bull S###.

Through out my life it seems that the most racist people on the planet are those that call others racist.
And yes, some of you have already posted on this thread

I live in Australia, i come from a mixed back ground, My grandparents on my fathers side were Hungarian and Transylvanian and I have Aunties from there, my grandparents on my mothers side were from Scotland, my mother, my uncle's and Aunty was born in Scotland. I have an Italian aunty a German uncle. I have mates that are Aboriginal, Lebanese, Masadonian, Yugasilavian, Polish, Kiwi's, Indian, Croate's, Samoan, Fijian, my mates wife is Thai, I have been with ladies from many different countries with different coloured skin.

I have never discriminated against anyone because of the country that they were born in, nore because of the colour of their skin, but i cannot say the same about others discriminating against me for the colour of my skin, as i look kind of white.
I work in Security as a bouncer at night clubs and every week when i have to ask a patron to leave the venue as they are Intoxicated, one is garuanted to pull the race card out and tell me im a racist for kicking them out.
For some reason I cant call an ass an ass nowadays if that ass has a different colour ass than what mine is.
And that is BS
Its seems that those that are the Racist are the ones calling out Racist the loudest.



edit on 9-3-2012 by WozaMeathed because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
"You Want Freedom! You Gonna Have To Kill Some Crackers!" New Black Panther Party Line.


Discrimination Against White People in America Exposed...


Racist Black gangs are targeting White men for hate crimes in Baltimore....


Hate crimes: Racist Blacks beat up Whites at Wisconsin State Fair...


This kind of stuff is everywhere. And if you say anything about it, you are considered a racist.

Now that white people are the minority, does that mean they can have a "White History Week"?
edit on 9-3-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
46
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

log in

join