It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sound Affects How We Act

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
As I have continued to work upon my Universal Harmonics theory (my vibrational theory, for those of you keeping up) I have found research strongly indicating that sound affects our physical behavior and performance by changing and focusing our mindset.

Music Improves Performance

Using Sound To Boost Performance

The implications, if you were to look even deeper, show that sound does indeed have a physical affect on our bodies. Even if it changes our minds in order to do so, we are heavily influenced by sound we may not even know is there.

How Sounds Mess With Your Brain

As I said, this is part of my work on Universal Harmonics. I thought perhaps you people might be interested in seeing exactly what sound (one of the most underestimated forces in the world) can do to us.

Discussion welcome.
edit on CThursdayam090938f38America/Chicago08 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
They have been using subliminal messages....different sounds/tones in adverts for years.

Different vibrations do effect us. Brown noise is one id not like to be subjected to

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I have not much to say but on copelandia cyaenc.. (in fact any other) you realize how much music/sound is affecting your mood. I could tell so much about it but its forbidden here.

haha, the old brown noise storry. What woofer size would be needed to get such low frequencies? (in fact, and for the researchers its really a clean thing that the brown noise has never been found yet)
edit on 8-3-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
I have not much to say but on copelandia cyaenc.. (in fact any other) you realize how much music/sound is affecting your mood. I could tell so much about it but its forbidden here.

haha, the old brown noise storry. What woofer size would be needed to get such low frequencies? (in fact, and for the researchers its really a clean thing that the brown noise has never been found yet)

Nothing is forbidden here. Please explain more about what you know.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This may peak your interest; Maudlin of the Well, (now Kayo Dot) is an experimental band which derives inspiration for their music by projecting into the astral realm and bringing back the melodies which they hear there. I suppose this is similar to how some Native American tribes would have their youth partake in Vision Quests; a rite of passage wherein men would travel into the wilderness for days without food or water until a song was sung to them from a spirit (they basically starved themselves to the point of experiencing auditory and visual hallucinations). They would then bring this song back to the tribe.

Anyways, if you believe in astral projection and the existence of various astral realms, you should check them out.

Their music has a very "familiar" feel to it.

Is there sound and music beyond death? I would guess not, for in the same sense that we have a minds eye with which we can see imagined things, we also have a mind's ear, with which we can hear imagined things.

Music is very influential on our emotions. For example, a well done hardcore song can really fuel your rage, while a classical or ambient piece can sooth us. Upbeat, intense songs can create a feeling of oversaturated happiness and joy, while sludgy drone tracks can create a sense of atrophy and helplessness.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

I believe that death is merely the recycling of the soul, so that it may continue its learning experience. Having said that, I think that not so much music, as sound vibrations, exist after death. These vibrations shape the next world, or wherever we go to before moving on.

After all, the Bible states that sound was used to shape our world. Wouldn't it make sense that sound would create or form/control the next one too?

Not that I hold any stock with the modern Bible, of course.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Some of you might have heard about the "mozart effect" and this part i find the most interesting about it.

The Mozart Effect Studies

Early experimentation on the effect of music on the brain was conducted in 1988, when neurobiologist Gordon Shaw, along with graduate student Xiaodan Leng, first attempted to model brain activity on a computer at the University of California at Irvine . They found in simulations that the way nerve cells were connected to one another predisposed groups of cells to adopt certain specific firing patterns and rhythms. Shaw surmises that these patterns form the basic exchange of mental activity. Inquisitively, they decided to turn the output of their simulations into sounds instead of a conventional printout. To their surprise, the rhythmic patterns sounded somewhat familiar, with some of the characteristics of baroque, new age, or Eastern music.

Shaw hypothesized: If brain activity can sound like music, might it be possible to begin to understand the neural activity by working in reverse and observing how the brain responds to music? Might patterns in music somehow stimulate the brain by activating similar firing patterns of nerve clusters?

SOURCE

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

To see sound and hear color is something many of us can do,

Starkids were not designed to conform we were designed to free people from slavery. Reverse polarity....we cast out the caste.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

It is sadly, its about copelandia cyanescens (google it). PM me if you want to hear more about it, but we cant discuss this in public here :-/

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Everything exists at a frequency, even on the atomic level the electron moves around the neutron and proton so many times per second. 60hz if I understand correctly. Everything is frequency and sound, light, magnetism, etc. can effect the frequency of other objects. Google sound levitation to see what I mean. It should be obvious to anyone that any outside stimuli will effect environment. Have you ever heard a song that made you want to laugh, or to cry? I am interested in hearing more about your current hypothesis or theory regarding harmonics. I find this subject facinating.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Heya Starchild, drifting over from the tedious Devil's Chord thread, lol!

I kind of consider myself a 'freq head', I've done some sound therapy, lots of sound research and of course, rockin' out on musical instruments.

Man, where to start? Binaural beats is a very fascinating subject if you haven't explored them.

There is a lot of lines of thought with sound, some feel certain frequencies are harmful. I don't believe they are harmful (except if too loud, too long, extremes basically) but I do feel that some are more 'in tune' to our world and our selves.

top topics

join