It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama - Oil is a “fuel of the past’’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Many of those rare earths are in the South China Sea, which China lays claim to, but no one else recognizes. Wars are started over resources quite often.

But after the next one, will their be any customers?
edit on 8-3-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

I believe being in a similar situation but with better technology is to be in a better situation.

We live on a finite planet.
We need better technology to get off it into the infinite, or at least vastly more expansive, cosmos.
We are not going to be doing that on oil.

Why should we have to just wait till the oil runs out to progress and why shouldn't a president suggest we don't?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
sounds good, now if obama would like to fill my home and vehicles with the fuel of the future he can come by anytime, until then they don't run on cool slogans.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

If that's true, then the market will adjust accordingly. You don't just assert something and then it manifests. If alternative energy is just as efficient and satisfies the consumer's needs, it will do so without the need of politicians advertising it.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
so does nobody agree with me when i predict that we will soon be using helium3 to power our cities???

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Is it possible people used to open the faucets and let the water run when it was cheap and now that prices are raising people are being more conservative?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
hey, the USS enterprise doesn't run on gas, knowhatimean ?

the trick, of course, is the weaning. the gov't can't pay for a mass conversion of engines and furnaces, so what do you do ?

let the markets dictate ?

obama has said as much, that solar and geothermal and bio fuels will be popular when gas costs $8 a gallon over here

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by TDawgRex

Is it possible people used to open the faucets and let the water run when it was cheap and now that prices are raising people are being more conservative?

Nope. From the article.

"Figures provided by the department show that residential water use has fallen 42 percent, from around 98,000 gallons per household in 1980 to about 57,000 gallons last year. Consumption has fallen 20 percent in the last six years alone."

I'm sure that higher prices across the board cause people to rethink priorities. But it just makes sense that if you use less (insert anything here) you should be charged less, not more.

It's not like water is a computer that can be, and often needs to be upgraded.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join