It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious flashes of light caught on traffic cams (from the solar flares?)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

PHOENIX - A bright light appeared during one of Andrea Robinson’s traffic hits Thursday morning. Fox 10 checked with APS and Salt River Project to see if a transformer had blown, but that was not the case. The flash appeared in the area just to the right of Andrea’s head. If you know what it was – reach out to us online.

There's a video in the link here: Mysterious Light Flashes If anyone knows how to embed, I would be grateful!

I'm thinking this probably has to do with the solar flares, can anyone take a look and see? I would bet that ATS could do much better than the local fox affiliate at figuring this out.

Mods, feel free to move this if I put it in the wrong forum, I'm kinda new here.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
strange lights in Phoenix again huh?

definitely looks like a transformer blew even though they say that wasn't the case. odd still.

edit on 8-3-2012 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 1FullHouse

But isnt PHOENIX, too far south to of seen the LIGHTS from Aurora?!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Looks like a telephone pole transformer went pop.
Easy enough to find out by this news station before reporting on it I'd think.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

The video said they called the power station, and had no reports come in. I'm sure that in a few more hours, we will know.
edit on 8-3-2012 by calnorak because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Yea, I would say transformer blew, happens all the time, a blown transformer knocked out the power in my hotel on new years night, lit up the whole street blue when it blew

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
strange lights in Phoenix again huh?

definitely looks like a transformer blew even though they say that wasn't the case. odd still.

edit on 8-3-2012 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

APS & SPR (the 2 local power companies) are both saying that there were no transformers that blew. It sure does look like it though.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by 1FullHouse

But isnt PHOENIX, too far south to of seen the LIGHTS from Aurora?!

WAY too far south. I was thinking it might be more electrical related from the solar storms. (Could be totally of base with that though)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Everyone here is saying transformer, but in the video they said it wasn't.
Would a transformer blowing seriously be that big and that bright at that distance? I mean that is a city in the background, that is a massive light.

So.. alternative explanations? Realistic ones first please.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Yes but if you look the News station is asking for help finding out what caused the flash. And I would think they called the Power Company...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
Everyone here is saying transformer, but in the video they said it wasn't.
Would a transformer blowing seriously be that big and that bright at that distance? I mean that is a city in the background, that is a massive light.

So.. alternative explanations? Realistic ones first please.

Looks the same as these transformers blowing up, pretty big and bright.

One that's far away just like the ops video, looks the same, 0:42 secs transformer blows
edit on 8-3-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I wish I could watch YouTube videos here at work when I am on my break...

But from what everyone is saying, it does sound like a transformer blew. This happened here where I work last summer.. the building shut down for the day and everyone got to leave early..
edit on 8-3-2012 by Artlicious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Is it possible it could be a meteor ?
I can't see the video at the moment where I am so am going to watch later

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Yes but if you look the News station is asking for help finding out what caused the flash. And I would think they called the Power Company...

Well you obviously did NOT watch the video, the talked to the power companies, sheesh are people bashing this because its a fox affiliate?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
MAMMA GET DA SHOTGUN, PESKY NUT HUNTERS ON THE WIRES AGAIN

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

duhhh its fightclub, thats is what we do so everyone knows what basement we're in

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It's that UFO that was over the dome of the rock, showing off again!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

OK well they said they did not know what it was and they checked with the Power Company and the POWER COMPANY REPORTED NO INCIDENT sheeeesh...

and they were asking for any clues on the website!

Oh wait maybe I am misunderstanding you. I had no sound first and then I re-watched it.

So it is still a mystery.
edit on 8-3-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd

duhhh its fightclub, thats is what we do so everyone knows what basement we're in

...You have obviously forgotten the first rule...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd

...You have obviously forgotten the first rule...

Nope, there were two flashes, definitely the domain of the rocky, otherwise one flash would be enough.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join