It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you noticing any effects from todays SOLAR STORM? GPS Issues? Electrical Problems? ---- Share

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
There is no solar wind.

Way milder flares have produced high winds in my region,,,northern US. Is it still too early?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by denise109
reply to post by Artlicious

Everything is working just fine here in Mississippi. But I have talked to three people this morning that "just don't feel good." No clue if it's related, but one person I know is having severe vertigo and nausea, and her usual medication is having no effect.

I have to say, Ive been feeling the same way. Didnt want to post this up here solo in fears of getting ripped for trolling. But Ive had a strange "feeling" all morning....a little off balance. Take it for what its worth.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Now its been downgraded.

SOLAR_STORM

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I got a friggin' headache

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Ha! Now my phone is an hour off again.. LOL Must be a Sprint network issue.

Are there any other Sprint users here? Or anyone else from Mid-Mo?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Why did this get moved to "General Chit Chat"?

Nobody will see it here if they are having or experiencing problems, and therfore they will not get reported.

This is a specific topic about the current weak solar storm and the possibility that it is effecting my local GPS, not a general topic to discuss whatever comes to mind.

I know the Mod's do know best though, so perhaps they see something I do not. In that case, thanks.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
No problems here in The East of England, just loads of aeroplanes playing tic tack toe first thing this morning, whilst spraying micro heavy based metal reflective chemicals, presumably to block the Solar Flare photons and X-rays, it's a shame that the water/food supplies will be affected with those cancer causing agents, talk about two birds one stone, well we will see the affects in the years to come, that is if the kill shot does not get us first lol.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashthebash46
just loads of aeroplanes playing tic tack toe first thing this morning, whilst spraying micro heavy based metal reflective chemicals, presumably to block the Solar Flare photons and X-rays,:

Really? I didn't know that was being done?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
There is a swirling vortex dropping down from the ceiling in the northwest corner of the room sucking everything out.

I am typing with one hand and holding on to the bedpost to keep from being drawn in with the other.

Otherwise, all good.

Simi Valley, CA
edit on 8-3-2012 by kawika because: corectolated spel'n err

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Been a weird day but could've just been coincidence or high winds - I'm in the metro DC area...

My boyfriend's moms apartment complex(in Maryland) has no power. When I told him to ask the mgmt office they mentioned the solar storm which I thought was odd and probably unlikely but who knows. I'm in Virginia and the internet at work and at the house were obnoxiously slow today...work actually sent a few people home just because the computers were practically useless. No issues with my cell phone though.

Other than than just antsy. Like pacing back and forth antsy. Not sure why but I've been slightly "concerned" for no reason I can pin point all day. But after reading through other people's threads it seems like thats kind of common right now so who knows.

Edit: Just noticed it says my post was at 5:18 but its actually 6:18? Maybe ATS thinks in in CST....
edit on 8-3-2012 by AnonyJai because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Just heard some areas in New Hampshire lost power...

Public Service Company of New Hampshire expects to restore electricity by 6 p.m. to more than 1,100 homes in Manchester that lost power Thursday afternoon.

The utility warned high winds expected through the evening could bring more outages.

Another 448 Derry homes lost power about 3 p.m. Scattered outages also were reported in Bedford, Merrimack, Madison and Pembroke.

An estimated 1,114 customers on the east side of Manchester lost power about 4 p.m., PSNH spokesman Michael Skelton said. Crews are working on the substation that appears to be the source of the outage, Skelton said.

They also are working to restore power to 448 homes in Derry and other communities, he said.

PSNH issued a weather advisory warning high winds that began about 3 p.m. and were expected to continue through 9 p.m. could lead to further outages.

www.unionleader.com...

I'm in NH, there are no storms going on here, very warm today, almost 70 degrees!

edit on 8-3-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I have to say, Ive been feeling the same way. Didnt want to post this up here solo in fears of getting ripped for trolling. But Ive had a strange "feeling" all morning....a little off balance. Take it for what its worth.

It's called a hang over...happens even during a solar storm...if the circumstances are right!

Drink plenty of water...take aspirin as needed...don't eat any spicy food for the next 24 hours...and you should be good by this time tomorrow!

Under no circumstances...repeat last nights events!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Nothing electrical but my hubby and youngest have vertigo problems. He has poor coordination at best of times but he collapsed out of bed yesterday. So he didn't go into work as he commutes.

Solar flares have been researched by the Russians and they found they can cause problems in the body's electrical systems if you are old, ill, a very young baby, sick babies under 6 months or dehydrated. Also people with an electrical type heart problem, such as Atrial fibrillation could be affected.

If you have any sick babies or newborn babies, keep them in a kangaroo type sling, flesh to flesh if you can, as your EMField will keep them safe. You should do this whenever a flare about M or X type, hits near our magnetosphere.

My army type compasss has been 8 degrees more East, since Monday 3 March 2012.
It then went normal early this morning at 2.20am to 3am. 8 March
But tonight it is now 30 degrees more East then normal.
I have learnt my lesson and have photos this time.

I remember this happened last year at the same time but not in UK.
Looks like it is UK's turn this year.

Now I just need to learn to upload them, to either ATS or another public use site, so I can show you.

How would a solar flare affect my compass?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by damingus

On Tuesday I had a metal taste in my mouth, and yesterday I had a migraine. After the migraine, the taste went away. I don't know if I should attribute that to the weird weather where I am, or if it is something to do with the sun.

The last and only other time I had the metal taste in my mouth followed by a headache was last month..Feb 6th or 7th. Any flares then, or am I nuts?

An no, I'm not on any meds to make the metal taste.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I was on high alert today waiting to see if anything would happen, but everything is totally normal from what I can see (central TX).

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AriesJedi
Solar flares have been researched by the Russians and they found they can cause problems in the body's electrical systems if you are old, ill, a very young baby, sick babies under 6 months or dehydrated. Also people with an electrical type heart problem, such as Atrial fibrillation could be affected.

That's interesting, my six month old and three year old came down with something in the past couple of days. Both are sick with cold like symptoms. Could be a simple cold but if what you said is true, maybe it is contributed to all of this.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Cape Cod, Mass.-- mostly uneventful, but some flickering power outages at government buildings, and some disruption in cell phones and internet. Not enough to do any real damage that I know of, but enough to notice.

Off topic--- anyone have any info about the military air force base activity lately? Today was heavy on military air traffic when it usually is not. Haven't seen it like this in years.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
New England was fine today.
I used my GPS all day without incident.
Good thing too because no GPS no work for me.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by seaside sky
Off topic--- anyone have any info about the military air force base activity lately? Today was heavy on military air traffic when it usually is not. Haven't seen it like this in years.

I was wondering the same thing. I live near a Air Force base and have heard them flying over more so than usual for the past two days. As a matter of fact, I just heard another one. I asked this question earlier on in the thread but nobody has shined any light on it.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Hey thanks- if you hear anything, start a thread on it? I'll do the same if I get any info.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join