It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you noticing any effects from todays SOLAR STORM? GPS Issues? Electrical Problems? ---- Share

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
My brother just called me and said that his phone was an hour forward this morning. At 8am his phone said it was 9am. He thought he was late for work and rushed to get ready. Right before he left his house he called his work to let them know he was running late and they said, "what are you talking about, your not late". He told me that he phone still showed the later time.

He got to work, about 20 miles away, looked at his phone, and it was back to normal time. He did not shut it off at any time to reset. He has had this phone for just over a year and has never had this happen before. I don't know if it matters but his carrier is Virgin Mobile and he lives in central Missouri.

I told him that I think it was the Geomagnetic storm currently in progress that is messing with his GPS...that's the only thing I could think of.

Has anyone else noticed any GPS issues or any other noticable effects from todays solar storm?

Please share!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Artlicious

My hair is standing up on end... not sure if I am having a bad hair day or the sun is causing it.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I have some X10 radio controlled lights in my house and for the first time ever they turned on randomly...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
neah!!! you are able to access internet is proof everything is fine in this world right now!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
No lights flickering, phone is working, tv is still working....

My birds are a little more vocal today and flying all over the inside of their cage, sqwaking, grinding their beeks and such. That isn't normal for them but I am not sure it's due to a solar flare.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Definitely feeling it.

I went to take the trash out a few mins. ago and this happened to me....

www.youtube.com...

edit on 8-3-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
No i am not noticing anything, nor should i considering its only 5kp storm. did you notice anything the other day after the M class flare hit and created another 5kp solar storm?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

hahaha Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeman
Ahhhh brings back some childhood memories

Back to the topic in hand....nope, everything where i am in the UK as working as well as it ever did. Havent noticed anything weird, except for another 1p on a litre of fuel this morning!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Central Illinois: Shower water went to the ceiling instead of the floor this morning and my Seiko Kinetic is running backwards. just kidding, but my cat is going crazy..that is true but he always does....
...No problems in Central Illinois I can see

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Not yet really.

Had a few dropped calls, but that is nothing out of the ordinary for AT&T, business as usual.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Yeah lots happened to me...

I got up, filled up with gas... Got a frappachino and went to work... Used my GPS and listened to FM radio...

Standard Morning... Oh yeah I saw Nicolas Cage running around on the highway screaming "I KNOW THINGS ITS THE NUMBERS" with his stupid hair cut... something about aliens and a black rock blah blah blah...

Well we lived... I guess the doomers are all hiding still....

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
My toilet wouldn't flush this morning. Not sure if that is because of the sun, or what I ate last night...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo2

No i am not noticing anything, nor should i considering its only 5kp storm. did you notice anything the other day after the M class flare hit and created another 5kp solar storm?

No I did not, nor have I noticed anything with the current storm, but it is strange that my brothers GPS was off on his cell phone.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Nothing wierd about the price of gas rising.....
The solar flares have not exactly hit full on this round....perhaps another full on flare would be the better one to check for anomalous EM disturbances.....
There is doubtless some effects, however small they may be....
We need to be hit on the head with a two by four to notice much that goes on inside our brain....
I am wondering if those who meditate have any odd results from such thing as flares?
Hows everyones memory working?
Any freudian slips or word substitutions?(you say this but meant to say some other word...)
Deja vus?How about interrupted or disjointed dreams or sleep?
Early or late menstruation?....even indigestion or whatever.....
These are the places to seek the changes solar flares may cause....
We take this stuff too lightly.......

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Our bodies were blasted by the solar wind. You can't feel that, unless you lay out and get a tan. We shouldn't feel anything until we are all dying of cancer in a few years. X class paranoia if you ask me.

Oh well, on to the next ATS imminent disaster thread kiddies.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Nothing unusual here in this part of NC., my internet is working great, TV and radio too. All is good!
Haven't forgotten anyone's name yet...hopefully won't as the day goes on.
edit on 8-3-2012 by ellieN because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
hi op

does my partners PMT count
shes evil today lol

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reporting from virginia:

Virginia has exploded due to CME.

please stay tuned.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Yea, my internet is down all day. Can't log on at all. Also got no power all day. The grid seems to be out. People are panicking and buying everything in the shops. The shelves are empty. TIme is nearly up.
I am just here cooking a tin of beans over a fire in the dark.
good luck to everyone. we are going to need it.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJM8507
I have some X10 radio controlled lights in my house and for the first time ever they turned on randomly...

Interesting, I wonder if it is from the storm. If more people report the same thing, then maybe we can make the connection.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join