It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney “apparently” bypassing Kansas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Kansas GOP chairwoman Amanda Adkins said today that GOP front-runner Mitt Romney "apparently" has decided to skip Kansas ahead of the state's presidential caucuses on Saturday.

While Rick Santorum and Ron Paul have made, or will be making, stops here, Romney has other plans.

Today his camp announced that he'll spend Friday in Saipan in the western Pacific Ocean followed by a Saturday visit to Guam where he'll attend a "meet and greet" with caucus-goers.

Close followers of the GOP primary schedule will note that Guam holds its presidential caucuses on Saturday, too.

Guam will award nine delegates Saturday compared to Kansas' 40.

Romney isn't the only GOPer bagging Kansas. Newt Gingrich announced Wednesday that he'd canceled an ambitious series of stops in Kansas that included a Big 12 tourney viewing party in Johnson County Friday night.
midwestdemocracy.com...=cpy
Hmmm.
I was tentatively planning to go to the caucus on Saturday, after receiving a phone call from a telemarketer (political pollster, asking who I would vote for in the caucus or general election). He brought me over some bumper stickers and yard signs for Ron Paul, and also was delighted that I had answered Ron Paul.

Now, why do you suppose Gingrich cancelled, and Romney is courting Guam? We just don't count? We have 40 delegates.

I've never been to a caucus, don't even really know what to expect (this is only the second time Kansas has done it).
Any comments?
Why would those two (Romney and Gingrich) not bother? I'm glad, really, I'd rather have neither of them anywhere near this state, let alone in my location. I'd gag or pitch a fit.

Ron is coming. I don't think he'll be at my local polling place, he'll be in the next county south, where the uppety suburbs are. Is it worth it to go to a caucus?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Ron is coming. I don't think he'll be at my local polling place, he'll be in the next county south, where the uppety suburbs are. Is it worth it to go to a caucus?

Absolutely! Your state awards delegates proportionally rather than winner take all. Paul can pick up some delegates in Kansas with some help.
My state is winner take all and considering Wisconsin is a midwest state it could go for Rmoney or Sweatervest.
By all means go and vote, you can make a difference.

RON PAUL 2012
Never give up the fight for liberty!
edit on 8-3-2012 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Santorum will win Kansas, Paul second. Gingrich will drop out soon, that's why he's cancelling stuff left and right. It's what Rick Perry did right before he dropped.
edit on 8-3-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Santorum will win Kansas, Paul second.

NNnnnnnoooooooo!!!!
Oh dear, please don't let this happen. That guy is a dangerous nutjob. Please no, please no.

Okay, I'll go.
And I'll put my yard signs out and the bumper sticker in the back window (but not on the bumper...that's where I'm putting my Stewart/Colbert 2012 bumper sticker.

I was actually nervous to put my signs out after I tried to give a sticker to the pizza delivery guy and he just looked disgusted and said, "No. No way. Nuh uh." and backed away from me like I was a demon and he wished he had a crucifix to wave in my face. (Boo)

I don't want to alienate my neighbors, I have no idea what their affiliations are, and I don't want to become the "neighborhood scandal."
Lame, I know.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Can't say the ID caucus was sketchy in some places-minus the winner takes all-, as it was new, but it turned out fun. At the local level it was well organized. In my county the turnout was good, especially since Paul won 509 to Romeny's 197 votes first round and we didn't have to stay most all night like other counties.
edit on 8-3-2012 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Santorum will win Kansas

Yep...I agree.

Kansas is the exact demographic Santorum goes after. God and Guns people.

I think Romney is just cutting his losses...he knows that Kansas people aren't going to take to the slick East Coast Romney.

And Ron Paul...well...he'll lose...but will claim he won

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

God and Guns people.

!!!!

What?
How very stereotyped and rude. But that's what I expected from you, when I saw that you had posted.
Obviously you don't know what you're talking about when you say things like that.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Kansas is the exact demographic Santorum goes after. God and Guns people. I think Romney is just cutting his losses...he knows that Kansas people aren't going to take to the slick East Coast Romney. And Ron Paul...well...he'll lose...but will claim he won

Ah, what would this thread be without your biased opinion and stereotypical response? Don't you have something better to do like grovel at Obama's feet or back up your buddies policies and horrible decisions with more weak rhetoric?
edit on 8-3-2012 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join