It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KONY 2012: Invisible Children Respond To Scam Accusations

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

2 things,

1. if the dude is hard to find, what makes you think people know his life story?

2. if you were trying to bring peoples attention to the dude, would you spend 1:15 telling his life story, or keep it short and sweet, with everything including the "action plan" in 30 mins?

If i was asking people for money and help - i'd either make a longer video with more details, or at least add more important details about EVERYTHING. Half of it is him talking to his son, a quarter about that Jacob guy and the last quarter is just this and that. I watched it less then half an hour ago and im struggling to remember its main points other then getting other people to help get this guy.
And if he is as elusive as what you say, then what is the point of trying to catch him? Be like chasing a ghost would it not?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by underduck

understood. Like I said, I haven't and won't buy any merchandise, but I can still help their cause without forking over more money to them...

Their goal is to bring awareness that this dude Kony exists, and I don't have to buy a kit, or a shirt, to do that. Social media is a hell of a force..

Agreed 100%

It is good to see them addressing these concerns and I am really interested to see where this is going. I dont openly attack the movement. I do question its history though. The more these guys are put into the spotlight the more we will know.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by seenavv
If you know law of attraction]

you lost my interest the second you said this.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by stuncrazy

Originally posted by seenavv
If you know law of attraction]

you lost my interest the second you said this.

You are quick to dismiss
You have demonstrated to not be open to information

What if I said something that attributed to religion?
"Jesus said ..."
would you stop reading what I said after that to? Just because I choose to believe it?

I don't expect you to believe law of attraction, but think about it, whats more effective, and positive?
A pro-peace rally? or an anti-war rally?

I was once asked why I don't participate in anti-war demonstrations. I said that I will never do that, but as soon as you have a pro-peace rally, I'll be there.
-Mother Teresa

edit on 8-3-2012 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Anti-war is by it's nature more controversial and probably more likely to stir up interest to be honest.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Reply to post by seenavv

I would rather be in a world free and still has wars, than in a world at peace yet in bondage.

Most anti-war/pro-peace rallys are calling for communism. Isnt it odd that all these groups calling for world peace also support - new age/feminism/anticapitalism/kabbalah etc. Even you demonstrated thay mentioning the Law of Attraction. Why bother helping these Ugandans? Tell them to visualize food, or a ferrari. If they just wish hard enough they will get it!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I think we've all been burnt by our own governments, etc for so
long now that we instinctively doubt anyone when it boils down to our hard earned money,even when there's
a really good cause behind it.
It's a shame really because for all we know, some of these could
be totally legit and as good and genuine as it looks.
I personally hadn't heard anything about this Kony fella until i saw the video
so at least the IC are doing a good job of getting the message out there.
Just my tuppence worth.

Peace folks.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
What I want to know is what the 10.5 million dollars raised by Invisible Children over the past 3 years is going towards. Bracelets? Posters? Why now after 30 years?

How exactly would this "change the world?"
Most people can't even find Uganda on a map...

Seems like a mixture of an attempt at appeal to emotion and the exploitation of conformity among the modern youth of Dumbmerica in order to make an insane profit. We must SAVE THE WORLD, but not worry about the problems at home.
edit on 3-8-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by thethinkingrebel
Reply to post by seenavv

I would rather be in a world free and still has wars, than in a world at peace yet in bondage.

Why not a world that is free and in peace? That's possible too isn't it?

Most anti-war/pro-peace rallys are calling for communism.

That is a generalization you have made, when was the last time there was a legitimate peace group that called for the return of communism??

Isnt it odd that all these groups calling for world peace also support - new age/feminism/anticapitalism/kabbalah etc.

Tell me what has new age done to hurt anyone? I've done extensive research on the subject and hold some beliefs on it myself, it only leads to confidence, self-empowerment, optimism and balance. Of course... some will say you are being "deceieved by satan" but I don't buy that fear-mongering anymore

I dissaprove of feministic views, I don't support capitalism, and don't follow kabbalah, those are my views

Even you demonstrated thay mentioning the Law of Attraction. Why bother helping these Ugandans? Tell them to visualize food, or a ferrari. If they just wish hard enough they will get it!

If you knew what law of attraction actually was, you would understand that pure visualization doesn't result in manifestation, action and choice is required on your part. I don't beleive things just pop out of thin air as you try and make it sound

This is all diverting from the topic that we were originally discussing so I'm not gona reply any further

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join