It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel asks U.S. for arms that could aid Iran strike(reuters)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

Obama isn't going to commit to war when election is so close, it would cost him the vote because most americans are against another middle eastern war. I'm against it simply because i'm tired of seeing all the death and the only reason top brass billionaires want it is so they can make billions off contracts rebuilding infrastructure just like Dick Chaney did in Iraq.

People die everyday, but do we have to really help shove them in the hole faster? Maybe the only true peace is what is afforded by the grave. This planet is going to be a tomb someday.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

For what my two cents might be worth on this, here goes....

If we are going to be fighting with and for Israel and Obama is good with bombing the living daylights out of yet another Muslim nation...and the absolute MOST fanatic and militant of the bunch, at that, then by all means arm Israel with tankers and new bombs.

If we are going to be neutral in this and try NOT to be dead center for focus in World War III, we need to get downright French about this and say No. Staying neutral means everyone just has to fight with whatever they got from us PRIOR to this point in time. Too bad.. So Sad. Your war, your problem.

If we are going to take no real position at all, hedge our bets and actively play both sides off the other, then Obama will fuss and whine about this for the appropriate amount of time, and they'll get at least half of what they asked for. I'm guessing the Tankers, if that is the path our 'leader' has chosen for us. The worst of the 3 options.

edit on 8-3-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: typo

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Lasr1oftheJedi

Sorry, I don't argue with people who are too lazy to open up a browser tab and type "Iran leader", and do some copy-pasting.

As for the rest of your post. Learn history.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by NikolaiMacIntosh

The Iranian regime gaining nuclear weapons is no different than Hitler's Nazi regime gaining nuclear weapons.

Really? Why?

Telling crap like that and then not building your opinion on it is pretty useless, and actually makes you sound pretty ignorant. Germany during the Nazi regime has nothing to do with Iran of today. The statement alone is laughable.

The Soviets gained nuclear weapons under Stalin and look what happened!

Actually, the US got a hold of a nuclear weapon FIRST than the Soviets. And yes sir, what did happen after the Soviets got a nuke?

Oh right... They didn't use it. And after saying this, the words "Nagasaki" and "Hiroshima" come to mind. Wonder why...

Because of this pacifist rebuttal that Iran deserves to have nuclear weapons because "the USA does" is so stupid I can't even begin to reply without turning this into a 2000 page essay. War is inevitable. It is just a question of who starts it. Apparently you would prefer a few European cities being destroyed before the war starts.

Saying that you have arguments for a discussion, calling people stupid, and then not presenting them, is the same as a virgin yelling "I have a penis, and I know how to use it".

Iran must be stopped at all costs. It is a country led by maniacs..don't even get me started on the Ayatollah.

Apparently, you don't know how to start any of your arguments, since your post contains 0.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I hope that you are right, but you must agree that is scary considering how most (if not all, I'm not sure) Presidents that ran for re-election under a war, actually won the election.

Honestly, it looks like Obama is stepping down a bit and allowing Iran to clean up the mess, peacefully, which is what I hope for. It's just that they seem to push countries into that area of no-return, and that is a pretty dangerous zone.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tifozi

I hope that you are right, but you must agree that is scary considering how most (if not all, I'm not sure) Presidents that ran for re-election under a war, actually won the election.

Honestly, it looks like Obama is stepping down a bit and allowing Iran to clean up the mess, peacefully, which is what I hope for. It's just that they seem to push countries into that area of no-return, and that is a pretty dangerous zone.

Yeah but the U.S. wasn't broke and 15 trillion indebt. Back then we had no debt. Now we have so much debt that our decendants 500 years from now will still be paying it off.

We just can't afford another war and judging by the vibes around the country there will likely be rioting in D.C. if Obama signs off on another war because the price of oil will rise and gasoline will be like 8-9 bucks a gallon and people will not be able to afford to go to work or feed their families and then you just might see Revolution#2 and that scares the crap out of the government because they know they are already teetering on collapse. Wyoming is already considering succeeding from the Union, so is Colorado and Arizona will not be far behind because of the "Fast and Furious" scandal where the feds got caught selling automatic weapons to Mexican drug cartels and U.S. tax paying citizens are being killed in the streets of Tuscon and Phoenix.

This country is collapsing and it won't take much to push us over the edge.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

What if pushing America off the edge is part of the "plan"?
What if there are outside powers that are using Americas strength to achieve their own goals?

I believe the whole thing started with 9/11....and the whole Iran "threat" is merely another chapter. I strongly feel that someone is working towards something...according to a script.

This is what I'm inclined to believe.

edit on 9-3-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The military industrial complex are behind this as always, its part of "the shock doctrine" The military industrial complex seem to be bigger than countries now. Thats a problem

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

Move to Iran and voice these sentiments. Oh yeah..you cannot do that.

People don't realise how good it is in the US and other western countries. We have the freedom to speak our minds and do as we want within reason. In Iran people are hanged, stoned, tortured and killed for next to nothing. Speaking your mind is not an option and human rights go completely ignored.

How a person can live in comfort and then somehow condone or compare Iranian ideals and lifestyles to ones in the US, Canada or Europe is beyond me.

[SNIP]

Mod Edit: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

edit on 3/14/2012 by TheRedneck because: Mod Edit

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by NikolaiMacIntosh

Move to Iran and voice these sentiments. Oh yeah..you cannot do that.

I would, if I had any interest in Iran, which I do not. So why would I travel there?

However, there are actually several people who travelled to Iran and say it's not as bad as many western media portrays. There was even an american actor that went to Iran and even converted to Islam. Not that I agree with that, but it shows how it's not that hard as people make it to be.

People don't realise how good it is in the US and other western countries.

How good? Life quality isn't based on what type of gadgets and toys you have. Yes, life is good in western countries, very good when compared to these countries, but we also have very long way to go.

I'm not pushing fingers into salted wounds here, but are we forgetting what was happening in the US itself until very recent decades? It wasn't that long ago that you had afro-americans drinking from different water sources and having separated bathrooms, or "reserved" places in a bus.

Roofs of glass my friend, roofs of glass.

We have the freedom to speak our minds and do as we want within reason.

Yes, you can voice your opinions. But when you see people being charged and persecuted by having a different opinion in Facebook, that is a tricky argument.

But then again, just because I don't make Iran the devil of the world, doesn't mean I don't value my life standards.

In Iran people are hanged, stoned, tortured and killed for next to nothing. Speaking your mind is not an option and human rights go completely ignored.

Yes, it's called culture, and they still have a lot to learn about human rights. Let's not forget and be hypocrites about what western countries did in the past. If we were allowed to grow up as a civilization and live to better standards of social justice, so are other countries.

People often fail to realize that most of this countries actually stayed behind time in terms of human rights because of western influence, or aren't you aware of the amount of dictators that were put/kept in power because they suited the western interests? Dictators don't live and fall because it's the right thing to do. They live or fall wether or not they go along western interests.

Many people complain and "yell" about what goes on in these countries, forgetting that countries like Saudi Arabia or Bahrain aren't free, but they are allowed to continue that life-style because they are allied to the US/EU/NATO.

Same with other countries like Turkey. Turkey still has a long way to go in terms of human rights, yet, I don't see people complain half of what they complain about countries like Iran.

And speaking of which, Iran isn't actually that bad. They have these situations that are completely and utterly ridiculous and barbaric, but they are actually one of the few countries in Middle East who make reforms based on what the population sees as correct, and not because the UN or other bs tells them to.

Iran is on the spotlight for a set number of reasons, but since continents like Africa are cliché and over-talked about in the media, people seem to forget that things are MUCH worst in Africa. But I don't see nobody saying "bomb those F..ers". Wonder why...

How a person can live in comfort and then somehow condone or compare Iranian ideals and lifestyles to ones in the US, Canada or Europe is beyond me.

How a person can live in comfort of the western life, and value so little the life of people who are "far" from that comfort, is my problem.

I'm shocked to see people demanding attacks in Iran, I'm shocked to see people claim that those countries NEED more death because they are...murderers? How stupid is that?

You kill more of them because they are filled with hate? So they hate you and me (westerns) for the things that western society has been doing for centuries and decades, and your view is that we should be racist and prejudice against them, supporting acts of war and murder against them?

It's stupid, inhumane and a statement of ignorant and disrespect for other cultures identity, growth and life.

Most likely just an anarchist, islamic fundamentalist or person of middle eastern descent with an unfounded hatred for white, westerners.

I'm not actually going to report you for that personal attack. I'm going to just give you my middle finger and tell you to go preach to someone who cares about your prejudice.

The person who you are addressing and labeling as "anarchist", "islamic fundamentalist" or "person of middle eastern descent", is nothing of such.

Simply, I value life, wherever it is. And I've been there. I've seen it with my own eyes (the region).

What have you done? Nothing but stupid and ignorant posts attacking people in a forum.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join