It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found. The third and Final Testament.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by 1nOne

Most recent literature concerning Christ of the Gnostic Gospels was penned by Elaine Pagels, a Jewish feminist and member of the Rockefeller cabal.

Most?
I disagree. I've read several now, and never read anything by her, though I've seen the name once or twice (get it mixed up with Elizabeth Prophet, another I've never read).

And so what if she is a Jewish feminist (Jesus was, also!)?

A member of the cabal? What difference does that make? The only thing I can conceive of as significant in that (if it's true) is that she's presumably a power-monger, but I have no way of knowing that.

How do you know she never enjoyed the Holy Spirit?

Wiki:

Pagels was born in California, daughter of a research biologist.[1] Pagels ceased attending church[clarification needed] after the death of a Jewish friend.[2

In April 1987, Pagels's son Mark died after five years of illness, and in July 1988 her husband Heinz Pagels died in a mountain climbing accident.[7] These personal tragedies deepened her spiritual awareness and led Pagels to begin the research leading to The Origin of Satan.[8] This book argues that the figure of Satan became a way for orthodox Christians to demonize their religious opponents, namely, other Christian sects and Jews.

On Pagels' interpretation, the Gospel of Thomas reveals, along with other apocryphal teachings, that Jesus was not God but rather a teacher. Elaine Pagels notes that the similarities between Gnosticism and Buddhism have prompted some scholars to question their interdependence and to wonder whether "...if the names were changed, the 'living Buddha' appropriately could say what the Gospel of Thomas attributes to the living Jesus. "

Heinz Rudolf Pagels (February 19, 1939 – July 23, 1988) was an American physicist, an adjunct professor of physics at Rockefeller University, the executive director and chief executive officer of the New York Academy of Sciences, and president of the International League for Human Rights. He is best known to the general public for his popular science books
Heinz Pagels died in 1988 in a mountain climbing accident on Pyramid Peak, a 14,000-foot summit 10 miles to the southeast of the Aspen Center for Physics, where he spent his summers. Eerily, the accident is disturbingly similar to the imagined fatal fall he described at the end of his first book, where he wrote:

"Lately I dreamed I was clutching at the face of a rock but it would not hold. Gravel gave way. I grasped for a shrub, but it pulled loose, and in cold terror I fell into the abyss... "

What is now The Rockefeller University was founded in June 1901 as The Rockefeller Institute for Medical Research—often called simply The Rockefeller Institute—by John D. Rockefeller, who had founded the University of Chicago in 1889, upon advice by his adviser Frederick T. Gates[2] and action taken in March 1901 by his son, John D. Rockeller Jr.[3] Greatly elevating the prestige of American science and medicine.

Pagels purports the Son of God to be a sex-driven, anti-Semite; a second-rate rip-off of the Buddha, and inferior to his brother, James the Just. Now was this information revealed to Ms. Pagels by the Holy Spirit? (Rhetoric)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

TextCatholics believe the waffer actually transforms into the flesh of Christ. And the wine actually transforms into Jesus' blood. And basically yes, Jesus said to do it to remember Him, to remember His sacrifice. The bread and wine are symbolic, of His broken body and shed blood. So the point of communion is to remember Christ's sacrifice that next morning for our sins, not to eat Him like He's a tasty magical cookie. edit on 9-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I am sorry but you have missed the whole point of what Jesus spoke of and are listening to the churches of men instead of the simple truth of the word of God.

Jesus at the last supper was celebrating Passover , he was at that point showing them he would be the sacrificial lamb his body and that his blood will be the final consamation for mans sins no more blood sacrifices , Jesus was it.

Further when he said do this in memory of me , Jesus was telling us He became the Passover and when celebrating it do it on memory of him . Most of Christianity have perverted the holiest day of Christianity , passover into Easter , the name is a spin on a pagan fertility Godess of Babylon .

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok

TextCatholics believe the waffer actually transforms into the flesh of Christ. And the wine actually transforms into Jesus' blood. And basically yes, Jesus said to do it to remember Him, to remember His sacrifice. The bread and wine are symbolic, of His broken body and shed blood. So the point of communion is to remember Christ's sacrifice that next morning for our sins, not to eat Him like He's a tasty magical cookie. edit on 9-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

I am sorry but you have missed the whole point of what Jesus spoke of and are listening to the churches of men instead of the simple truth of the word of God.

Jesus at the last supper was celebrating Passover , he was at that point showing them he would be the sacrificial lamb his body and that his blood will be the final consamation for mans sins no more blood sacrifices , Jesus was it.

Further when he said do this in memory of me , Jesus was telling us He became the Passover and when celebrating it do it on memory of him . Most of Christianity have perverted the holiest day of Christianity , passover into Easter , the name is a spin on a pagan fertility Godess of Babylon .

I know this, I don't celebrate Easter.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

It's the adults who can't accept authority who are. You have to really twist scripture to come to the opinion that you are your own pope. In order to escape from having to submit to any authority, people call themselves "free thinkers".

Oh, so the adults who DON'T think, who DON'T look into sources for a balanced view, but will blindly follow some guy in a hat who claims he is God are the ones who are NOT idiots. Got it.

Question Authority

by Thabiti Anyabwile

"Question authority."

That was the slogan of a generation disillusioned by what they saw as the abuses of those in power. A steady stream of foreign policy failures, presidential scandals, and corporate abuses left an entire generation skeptical of authority.

According to some educators, for example, the only way to teach children to have a balanced view of the world is to teach them to skeptically question everything in the curriculum or the text. Nothing is to be taken for granted; everything is to be examined as an antagonist.

And for some, "authority" is synonymous with "tyranny." There is no essential difference between the exercise of authority and responsibility for others and a repressive boot pressed across the neck of the people. To the "Question authority" bumper stickers and buttons have been added:

"Question authority before they question you;"
"Dissent is the highest form of patriotism"
"Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway"
It seems that some have moved well beyond calls for an alert mind, discernment, legitimate concern about the abuse of position and power, and a "balanced view of the world" to the outright rejection of authority itself.

See? Healthy is an alert mind, critical thinking, discernment, legitimate concern about the abuse of position and power....which results in a "balanced view of the world."

It's different from "outright rejection of authority itself". But you go right ahead. They count on folks like you...who willingly give them loads of position and power with which to abuse.
sigh.

Nevertheless unrighteous rule does in fact exist in government, family, and the church. Acknowledging that God has ordered all of life to be governed by appropriate levels of authority does not excuse or endorse unjust and evil leadership. Neither does it suggest that all leadership will be good leadership, administering justice, mercy, and truth well.

But in the face of wicked leadership, we must avoid two extreme reactions. First, we must avoid complying with evil for "the wicked freely strut about when what is vile is honored among men" (Ps. 12:8). If the Christian ceases to be salt and light by complying with evil dictates of authority figures, there will be little preservation of righteousness or light of gospel truth available to society.

Second, Christians must avoid the mistake of rejecting authority altogether. The fact that something can be abused doesn't mean we discard it wholesale. Many people abuse pain killers. But there can be little doubt of their value when properly used in medical surgery, for example. We are to resist the injustice and evil that sometimes corrupts authority in a fallen world, while simultaneously recognizing the God-intended benefits of authority itself. In our reaction to unjust rule, we don't want to throw the proverbial baby out with the bath.

www.boundless.org...
There you go. Check out the source for some interesting points brought up by a pastor using Bible verses.
I neither agree nor disagree with the Biblical references...I do, however, disagree with the "obedience or hell" doctrine.

Careful, though. It's clearly written by *gasp* a Protestant!

I'll stick with critical thinking and a balanced world view.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

eternian.wordpress.com...

I find the New Age and postmodern ideas of "freethinking" narcissistic. You know the "true for me but not true for you" mentality. Truth is absolute. Saying to "look within" sounds spiritual but I think that is just a way to bend truth to your opinions.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

Further when he said do this in memory of me , Jesus was telling us He became the Passover and when celebrating it do it on memory of him . Most of Christianity have perverted the holiest day of Christianity , passover into Easter , the name is a spin on a pagan fertility Godess of Babylon

Exactly. I agree 100%. I just figured this out after 2 months of research. The sad thing is that most christians do not even know this now. They have inherited lies, but the good news is it can be undone and the answer lies within what the first generations of christians did and did not do. They were closer to the truth than we are now, if we turn back the clock and reboot christianity we can undo the damage the Popes wrought insofar as getting back on the right track. Unfortunately there's no telling how many people were damned following the doctrines of death under the False Melchizidek.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

It was that case for the APOSTLES, not us.

OK, you're just making this up.
There was no covenant making at the Last Supper.
You have yet to explain your theory and just say, "This is so.", as if you were God.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

Most recent literature concerning Christ of the Gnostic Gospels was penned by Elaine Pagels . . .

She wrote "Gnostic Gospels" a long time ago and more recent scholars say she got a lot of things wrong and she herself admits to being way behind current research.
edit on 9-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

First off I am Christian and follow the teachings of the bible to the best of this flesh body allows me .

News Flash!
Real Christians do not keep the Old Testament Laws.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

Passover was not a sin sacrifice.
People ate the lambs killed on Passover.
It was a sign that they put above their door so the angel of death would pass by their house.
Nothing to do with sins so go back to your cult and tell them you quit and want to go back to Christianity.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

TextExactly. I agree 100%. I just figured this out after 2 months of research. The sad thing is that most christians do not even know this now. They have inherited lies, but the good news is it can be undone and the answer lies within what the first generations of christians did and did not do. They were closer to the truth than we are now, if we turn back the clock and reboot christianity we can undo the damage the Popes wrought insofar as getting back on the right track. Unfortunately there's no telling how many people were damned following the doctrines of death under the False Melchizidek.
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

We as Christians that have been given eyes to see and ears to hear should just put forth the truth as God wills us to do , God is the judge and judgement will start at the house of the Lord . Woe th them that take on a task of being a minister of the word and leading people astray because these ministers were taught incorrectly and pass it on. We see numerous people attempting to teach the word of God on line , so be warned that judgement will begin with them just like any other minister teaching the word .

If turning back the clock was a option then we might be able to undo the massive amount of damage done to the truth by Satan s children infiltrating the churches wreaking havoc . Since God knew the end from the beginning I am positive things are going exactly as planned. That's why I laugh at so called Christians that do not hae enou faith to believe the King James Bible is not exactly what God wanted us to have for these end times , which by the way are almost concluded.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by Azadok

Passover was not a sin sacrifice.
People ate the lambs killed on Passover.
It was a sign that they put above their door so the angel of death would pass by their house.
Nothing to do with sins so go back to your cult and tell them you quit and want to go back to Christianity.

If following the teachings of Jesus is a cult then I am guilty . If you do not understand that blood had to be spilt for a sin offering and usually a unblemished yearling lamb then please explain what the meaning is .

You seem to be angry , is it because you Re catholic and you feel you are being attacked ?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by Azadok

First off I am Christian and follow the teachings of the bible to the best of this flesh body allows me .

News Flash!
Real Christians do not keep the Old Testament Laws.

Really please show me in the bible that we are not to follow he laws . Then please explain to me what Jesus meant when He said " I have not come to change the law but to fore fill it and not one jot nor one tittle will fall from it .

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

If following the teachings of Jesus is a cult then I am guilty .

So, you believe Jesus told you to kill lambs for your sins?
Or does the Old Testament Law tell you to do that?
You don't see any contradiction there?
Jesus is the end of the Law.
The old written law is no longer in effect and they have been replaced by the fundamental laws which are spiritual in nature and were taught by Jesus and was what he was talking about when he said they would not go away.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by Greatest I am

Thanks, OP. Flag and Star for spreading the word.
Keep fighting the good fight.....we're almost there! It's a pretty amazing time to be alive, I think. The Truth is gaining momentum big time....
the internet and global communication between the common people is bringing the material and religious hierarchy to its knees. They, naturally, don't like it much, but they can't stop it. I'm glad to be here at the moment watching this transformation, which is picking up speed....but has been gaining ground for at least 50 years now, steadily.

Thanks and yes.
It is a good time to live in and see wrongs being righted.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
wow! your wisdom is divine,and i feel as if you took the thoughts from my head,and wrote them here!!!
i am at total agreement with you. i think the gnostic prefects had it correct. as well as the true teachins of the christ,the druids and bards,the shamans of russia,the medicine men and woman of the americas,budda,the hindu masters.
i also follow the writings of aleister crowley - 'do what ye will,be it the whole of the law.love is the law'
you can blame plato for putting reason into religion! or at least his followers.
god doesn't need any reason,humans need to seperate reason from understanding their god!

one of my favorite quotes is from bob marley:
we're sick and tired of your easy excuses
when you die ya go to heaven in jesus' name
most people understand
MIGHTY GOD IS LIVING MAN!
thanx! excellent post!

peace

Thanks.

I blush.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by rick004
reply to post by Greatest I am

Thanks for the excellent post ! Where would be a good start on reading up on this ?

From the O P.
It is my view that the third and Final Testament of the bible is being written in our time. Elaine Pagels has put chapter one in place for us to read and ponder with her book titled Adam, Eve and the Serpent.

southerncrossreview.org...

This and the Jewish interpretations of the O T are what I would recommend and then, whatever Gnostic text you can lay hands to. What you seek is the wisdom to know that all religions are based on myth.

Said of Gnostic and Christian reading practices.

“Both read the Bible day and night; but you read black where I read white.”
William Blake.

I would take this further and advise you to read any scriptures from as many POV as is within you. Question everything including yourself.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minori
I am currently reading the The Nag Hammadi Library.....

khazarzar.skeptik.net...

I myself can relate to the gnostic Jesus. I think even the non-believers should give this a read, kinda makes a person see things in a different "light". Thanks for sharing!!!

PLPL

Quite worth reading.
So is Elaine Pagels.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myrtales Instinct
I hold no allegiance to any gnostic branch or the catholic church, yet I've experienced all the mysteries that are mentioned in Philip and Thomas. But before anyone goes and puts their bible up on a shelf and let it begin to collect dust, take it from someone who has been there - done that, that the Holy Bible is way more gnostic than anyone is willing to give credit for.

There has long been two schools of thought on how to best present the teachings to the masses. What I appreciate about the gnostics is their seemingly straight-forward approach, whereas the catholic church likes to hide things right out in the open. The bridal chamber is the highest mystery in gnosticism but bring it up around here and there is usually a catholic who will start in on it being a corruption, heresey and what is orthodox and what isn't. Yet it's okay for mainstream christianity to call Jesus the bridegroom, the church the bride and follow Paul's teaching on how great the mystery of marriage is.

Once a person has experienced the mysteries, then it becomes easy to do a compare and contrast of the instituted sacraments. In Philip's gospel he truly believed that if a person received the mystery of the chrism, there was a guarantee you would experience all the mysteries. I have found that to be a true statement. The catholics put their emphasis on the eucharist as it completing the christian initiation and it being the source of christian living. But the beauty of each mystery should be up to the individual experiencing it. All the mysteries play on ones senses because this is where the spiritual meets the physical. The mystery of the chrism plays on the sense of smell and the eucharist plays on the senses of taste and touch (depending on how one looks at it).

Do any of you even realize that most every miracle that Jesus did was done with the intention of playing on YOUR five senses? Knowing that is gnosis. All the miracles where done to awaken your senses. Healing a blind man, a deaf man, feeding the masses and even healing people paralyzed (sleep paralysis). That is gnosis.

There are miracles, there are signs and then there are miraculous signs. Two specific teachings of Jesus have accompanying MIRACULOUS SIGNS. The first miraculous sign is found at the Wedding in Cana (water to wine) and the other in the healing of the officials son. The latter even has the round about time the miraculous sign will occur to you (about 1 in the afternoon). The higher ups in the catholic church know this as the true comfirmation on the path to initiation. That is gnosis.

I could drone on and on about the subject and I'm not going to do that. I just want you to not put up your bible quite yet. The entire thing is full of the gnosis that some of you long after. Once you get an idea of what you are looking for it becomes easier.

Remember the Cathars and what specific gospel was found amongst them? It was the Gospel of John and contained within it is every major mystery one could hope to attain.

That is gnosis.

Not too shabby friend.

One thing I do not do is recognize anything archetypal Jesus did as miracles.
Way too Christian for me and goes against the Gnostic view of Jesus as a man and not a God.

Gnostics accentuate the morality of things and stay away from the fantasy and magic of miracles.
Gnostics have always been bright enough to reject the Christian super miracle working absentee God and have opted for the God within each of us.

Seek a miracle worker and lose your true God.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myrtales Instinct
I hold no allegiance to any gnostic branch or the catholic church,

Is there a Gnostic branch to the Catholic church?
That would be news to me.

Regards
DL

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join