It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found. The third and Final Testament.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

The third and Final Testament is being written by Gnostic thinkers and the only truth that you can trust. The reason that you will trust it is simply because it is your truth based on your understanding of reality and largely based on your feelings. That is why you can and will have complete trust in it and your God.

The Jewish God was the first and only monotheistic God. That God was adopted and corrupted by Constantine and the Catholic Orthodox church that he bought. This new Church reversed much of the initial Jewish thinking of God and returned to the more ancient thinking of a triune God of war. To solidify their position they killed many Gnostics and Jews and in the Gnostic case, tried to eradicate their thinking by burning all Gnostic scriptures. They missed a few and failed Just as Hitler failed in his book burning campaign.

The Jewish and Gnostic religions were religions designed to create thinking autonomous humans who did not need big brother church and it’s hierarchical guides to lead people by the nose to a God. Gnostics used their gospels to accomplish that desired end. God to Gnostics was an internalized experience gained through apotheosis. Gnosticism is the personal connection to God that Christianity speaks of but never accomplishes. This is because their focus is to the hierarchy of the Church and not to God. The Christian highlighted obedience over thinking, even as most religions of the day were highlighting enlightenment or the finding of the right way as the path to their religions and Gods. This dogmatic reliance on obedience squelched any progress for Christianity and caused stagnation of mind and soul. Gnostics, like Gnostic Jesus and even the Christian Jesus, spoke of a God within each of us and thought the body to be the temple of God. Gnostics sought and achieved apotheosis and a true personal relationship to their God. Gnostics took to heart the notion that the laws of God were written on the heart. Something Christianity only gave passing reference to and substituted instead their “WORD of God”.

Gnosticism recognizes that you cannot gain the knowledge that produces wisdom and a good moral sense by not questioning the status quo. It demands that all concepts be questioned. So does the bible but Christians are never taught this by their church hierarchies who want sheep for followers and not thinking autonomous people. That would be too Gnostic.

It is my view that the third and Final Testament of the bible is being written in our time. Elaine Pagels has put chapter one in place for us to read and ponder with her book titled Adam, Eve and the Serpent.

southerncrossreview.org...

In our age, with most having access to knowledge through modern communication devices and the net means that we need no longer be hamstrung by domineering religious hierarchies and we can and will seek the God within. As more find God, society will finally stabilize into the period of long term social stability that we have been seeking forever.

God has had quite a ride but is now close. The Old Testament showed us how unsavory a God can be. The New Testament replaced that immoral God and placed an archetypal Jesus, a man with excellent but unworkable rhetoric, above that God. This was done with Jesus’ proclamation of heaven only through me. The Jewish version of the Old Testament tried to give man autonomy with Eden as our elevation. Man has become as Gods. Christianity backed us up, for good or evil by calling Eden our fall and creating sheepish followers who were not to question but only obey. Love be damned as man’s first principle. The New Testament tries to return us to man and Gods highest ideal of love for all. It fails because Constantine tied Jesus to the unsavory God of the Old Testament and returned to the older more barbaric style of the Old Testament God with a new and improved hell for those who will not obey. A fatal error that has backed up human thinking by 1,600 years.

Man’s Last and Final Testament, one that can only be Gnostic thanks to the mental flexibility of it’s adherents, will promote love through though; following the unworkable rhetoric of Jesus but in a more workable way.
Man, God’s most fantastic achievement, not creation, is almost ready to take his rightful place as master of himself.

Many Christians use the bible as their external conscience. They will realize that the ancients were right and that the laws of God are to be internalized and written on our hearts. Do not fear being your own master. It will give you both pain and pleasure and you will sometimes curse it but you will know that it is as good as God intended it to be.

Seek God. He is getting near thanks to Gnosticism. Chapter one is written. If you choose to be enlightened and stop having to obey masters and take your rightful place as master of one. Jesus was here to free man, not enslave him. He was a Jew and knew Eden was our elevation and not our fall.

Jesus show the way with his question; Have ye forgotten that ye are Gods?

What is your answer?

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

Thanks, OP. Flag and Star for spreading the word.
Keep fighting the good fight.....we're almost there! It's a pretty amazing time to be alive, I think. The Truth is gaining momentum big time....
the internet and global communication between the common people is bringing the material and religious hierarchy to its knees. They, naturally, don't like it much, but they can't stop it. I'm glad to be here at the moment watching this transformation, which is picking up speed....but has been gaining ground for at least 50 years now, steadily.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
wow! your wisdom is divine,and i feel as if you took the thoughts from my head,and wrote them here!!!
i am at total agreement with you. i think the gnostic prefects had it correct. as well as the true teachins of the christ,the druids and bards,the shamans of russia,the medicine men and woman of the americas,budda,the hindu masters.
i also follow the writings of aleister crowley - 'do what ye will,be it the whole of the law.love is the law'
you can blame plato for putting reason into religion! or at least his followers.
god doesn't need any reason,humans need to seperate reason from understanding their god!

one of my favorite quotes is from bob marley:
we're sick and tired of your easy excuses
when you die ya go to heaven in jesus' name
most people understand
MIGHTY GOD IS LIVING MAN!
thanx! excellent post!

peace

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Thanks for the excellent post ! Where would be a good start on reading up on this ?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I am currently reading the The Nag Hammadi Library.....

khazarzar.skeptik.net...

I myself can relate to the gnostic Jesus. I think even the non-believers should give this a read, kinda makes a person see things in a different "light". Thanks for sharing!!!

PLPL

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by rick004

Here is a good starting point.......

khazarzar.skeptik.net...

PLPL

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Minori

Thanks for the info !! Have a great weekend !

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by rick004

The Nag Hammadi texts, and I just finished a quick-read by two Eastern researchers called The Fifth Gospel by Haissnan and Levi. It gives a good "history of the story" in pretty easy-to-follow fashion so one can know what the Bible's history is without having to have read and memorize it oneself.

LOADS of gnostic and mystic and Eastern references that link Jesus to the Essenes. Indisputable, in my opinion.

Here's a link to the amazon listing. It's a print-on-demand book....www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1331221322&sr=1-1
I got it quickly, and it was well worth the read, albeit it jumps around a bit. Still, its chock full of original source material from outside mainstream Christianity.

I also bought one of the versions of Nicolas Notovitch's The Unknown Life of Jesus Christ, which it turned out was one of those to whom the Haissnan/Levi book is dedicated.
You can read Notovitch online. The book version I bought was poorly edited, with lots of typos, though. I think I'll buy a better one to replace it....
maybe this one: www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1331218775&sr=1-1

The Lost Years of Jesus:
The Life of Saint Issa
Translation by Notovitch

The Best of the Sons of Men

Ancient scrolls reveal that Jesus spent seventeen years in India and Tibet
From age thirteen to age twenty-nine, he was both a student and teacher of Buddhist and Hindu holy men
The story of his journey from Jerusalem to Benares was recorded by Brahman historians
Today they still know him and love him as St. Issa. Their 'buddha'

In 1894 Nicolas Notovitch published a book called The Unknown Life of Christ. He was a Russian doctor who journeyed extensively throughout Afghanistan, India, and Tibet. Notovitch journeyed through the lovely passes of Bolan, over the Punjab, down into the arid rocky land of Ladak, and into the majestic Vale of Kashmir of the Himalayas. During one of his jouneys he was visiting Leh, the capital of Ladak, near where the buddhist convent Himis is. He had an accident that resulted in his leg being broken. This gave him the unscheduled opportunity to stay awhile at the Himis convent.

Notovitch learned, while he was there, that there existed ancient records of the life of Jesus Christ. In the course of his visit at the great convent, he located a Tibetan translation of the legend and carefully noted in his carnet de voyage over two hundred verses from the curious document known as "The Life of St. Issa."
reluctant-messenger.com...

In any case, there are several available. Here's a link to the online version from Project Gutenberg:
The Unknown Life of Jesus Christ by Nicolas Notovitch
edit on 8-3-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-3-2012 by wildtimes because: left out the link to The Fifth Gospel.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I hold no allegiance to any gnostic branch or the catholic church, yet I've experienced all the mysteries that are mentioned in Philip and Thomas. But before anyone goes and puts their bible up on a shelf and let it begin to collect dust, take it from someone who has been there - done that, that the Holy Bible is way more gnostic than anyone is willing to give credit for.

There has long been two schools of thought on how to best present the teachings to the masses. What I appreciate about the gnostics is their seemingly straight-forward approach, whereas the catholic church likes to hide things right out in the open. The bridal chamber is the highest mystery in gnosticism but bring it up around here and there is usually a catholic who will start in on it being a corruption, heresey and what is orthodox and what isn't. Yet it's okay for mainstream christianity to call Jesus the bridegroom, the church the bride and follow Paul's teaching on how great the mystery of marriage is.

Once a person has experienced the mysteries, then it becomes easy to do a compare and contrast of the instituted sacraments. In Philip's gospel he truly believed that if a person received the mystery of the chrism, there was a guarantee you would experience all the mysteries. I have found that to be a true statement. The catholics put their emphasis on the eucharist as it completing the christian initiation and it being the source of christian living. But the beauty of each mystery should be up to the individual experiencing it. All the mysteries play on ones senses because this is where the spiritual meets the physical. The mystery of the chrism plays on the sense of smell and the eucharist plays on the senses of taste and touch (depending on how one looks at it).

Do any of you even realize that most every miracle that Jesus did was done with the intention of playing on YOUR five senses? Knowing that is gnosis. All the miracles where done to awaken your senses. Healing a blind man, a deaf man, feeding the masses and even healing people paralyzed (sleep paralysis). That is gnosis.

There are miracles, there are signs and then there are miraculous signs. Two specific teachings of Jesus have accompanying MIRACULOUS SIGNS. The first miraculous sign is found at the Wedding in Cana (water to wine) and the other in the healing of the officials son. The latter even has the round about time the miraculous sign will occur to you (about 1 in the afternoon). The higher ups in the catholic church know this as the true comfirmation on the path to initiation. That is gnosis.

I could drone on and on about the subject and I'm not going to do that. I just want you to not put up your bible quite yet. The entire thing is full of the gnosis that some of you long after. Once you get an idea of what you are looking for it becomes easier.

Remember the Cathars and what specific gospel was found amongst them? It was the Gospel of John and contained within it is every major mystery one could hope to attain.

That is gnosis.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

The third and Final Testament is being written by Gnostic thinkers and the only truth that you can trust. The reason that you will trust it is simply because it is your truth based on your understanding of reality and largely based on your feelings. That is why you can and will have complete trust in it and your God.

LOL! A "testament" isn't a book or physical thing. Testament means "covenant". The New Testament isn't a book, its the 2nd covenant God made with mankind in the upper room the night before the eve of Passover.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

LOL! A "testament" isn't a book or physical thing. Testament means "covenant". The New Testament isn't a book, its the 2nd covenant God made with mankind in the upper room the night before the eve of Passover.

and........
another disrespectful, mocking response from NuT! True to form!
Why do you do that?
Can't you inform people without the laughing and eye-rolling? Not very nice, nor helpful. It's a huge turn off. I've tried to overcome that impulse to reject everything you say simply because of that manner you have. You can do better than that.

The New Testament certainly is in the form of "a book." Otherwise, you would not have that thing you call the Bible.
Any "third testament" or "covenant" will also be presented in written form, most likely (unless, of course, the Church leaders don't let anyone see it except their "authorities", and then it would be word of mouth).

Why pick people apart with semantics?
Post fail.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Well, I can't say that any source that uplifts Osama bin Laden as a character witness is for me. It has to be a bit of a wacky religion to stoop to that level.

Osama bin Laden couldn’t have said it better.

So apparently the Final Testament is backed and supported by the opinions of Osama bin Laden. Woo hoo!

edit on 3/8/2012 by dbates because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

and........
another disrespectful, mocking response from NuT! True to form!

REALLY???

Using "LOL" is now being disrespectful and mocking??

A testament isn't a book, or a collection of books. "Testament" means covenant. The old testament details God's first covenant with man, the new testament details God's new/current covenant with man. And God makes the covenants with us, not vice versa. We humans don't decide when it's time for a new covenant to be made, God does.

Are you just mad the OP had a massive fail? "Testament" is a covenant between two or more parties. When talking about the Bible, the covenants are between God and man. The OT details God's first covenant, the NT details god's 2nd covenant with man. The prerequisite in both examples is God initiating a covenant with mankind.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Using "LOL" is now being disrespectful and mocking??

Yes, it is!! Unless you are responding to someone's "JOKE" or to a humorous anecdote or idea. When used to reject someone's idea as folly, and ineptitude, it is most assuredly an insult.
The OP was completely serious, if not especially showing "expertise".

And in any case, maybe God has decided that it's time (AGAIN...), seeing as how we've failed AGAIN to get it together. How do you know it isn't a "divine inspiration" that the Gnostic movement is being revitalized, "rediscovered", especially in light of recent discoveries such as the Nag Hammadi, the more public access to pre-Bible texts, and the deciphering of previously unknown languages? Humans do that all the time with matters of science, or of other knowledge...revise, rewrite, edit, update, etc., based on new or more authentic information.

After all...

And God makes the covenant with us, (in theory, of course) not vice versa. We humans don't decide when it's time for a new covenant to be made, God does.

Like you said.

But over the millenia who is it that delivers these 'covenants'. Hmm?
Correct! Humans. Humans who feel Divine inspiration. And, who was it who "suppressed" the information that is now being brought to light??.. Humans, again. Because doing so gave them "control" over something other people had no way of knowing. They anointed themselves as the "mouthpieces of God." As audacious as it was, it was this behavior that made a "third covenant" quite timely.
Boo ya.

I'm not mad. Just disappointed that you'd do that.

The Gnostic texts are full of things that are only just now being rediscovered, reviewed, and compared and contrasted to the history of religion of the last 4,000 years.

edit on 8-3-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

. . . their focus is to the hierarchy of the Church and not to God.
Jesus said we all have the same rabbi, who is God.
Obviously something went wrong and the way I have thought about it for decades is that there was a priesthood class that already existed in the "pagan" religion who saw the handwriting on the wall and jumped on board the next new thing and took it over to have it shaped to provide professional positions in it for themselves.
That is why you need to go to the authentic books of the NT and skip the later forgeries made after the Apostles were dead. Second century Gnosticism I don't think is any better than second century ecclesiasticism.
Knowledge is good but not wild speculative beliefs which are not true knowledge. Revelation, as in the NT book, Revelation, is a type of gnosticism but one grounded in the Apostolic type of knowledge which saw people, specifically the people who suffered and died as martyrs, who were the true saviors of the world, but what could not exist without the instruction from heaven, sent to us through Jesus.
edit on 8-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

TextBut over the millenia who is it that delivers these 'covenants'. Hmm? Correct! Humans. Humans who feel Divine inspiration. And, who was it who "suppressed" the information that is now being brought to light??.. Humans, again. Because doing so gave them "control" over something other people had no way of knowing. They anointed themselves as the "mouthpieces of God." As audacious as it was, it was this behavior that made a "third covenant" quite timely.

That is true God chooses people to work thru to get His message out , but the last message warned us of not believing any other doctrine if it does not agree with the old and new covenant . The fact someone takes this old message and puts a wist on it to tickle your ears and make you feel all god like does not mean it is inspired by God. Quite the opposite and one of Satans usual tricks to draw us from the path God gave us .

Your newest covenant may sound good ad feel good but it is just another trick of Satan to make you feel like you are doing the will of God but in fact and practice you chase Satan down the road to perdition.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

. . . the last message warned us of not believing any other doctrine if it does not agree with the old and new covenant . . .
Messianic Judaism is not Christianity.
Paul was talking about what was taught by the Apostles, not about the Old Testament.
If the old covenant is valid, then there was no reason to have a new one.
Well, there was a reason, and the old is superseded by the new.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Interesting thread...

The gnostic texts are the same as the bible in that, one must be careful in what he considers truth...

Both have truths... but yet are not "entirely" truth... (imho)

The New Testament replaced that immoral God and placed an archetypal Jesus, a man with excellent but unworkable rhetoric

Unworkable?

I don't agree with that... His lessons in the bible are very workable, just hard to perfect

edit on 8-3-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by Azadok

. . . the last message warned us of not believing any other doctrine if it does not agree with the old and new covenant . . .
Messianic Judaism is not Christianity.
Paul was talking about what was taught by the Apostles, not about the Old Testament.
If the old covenant is valid, then there was no reason to have a new one.
Well, there was a reason, and the old is superseded by the new.

So are you saying Jesus is a liar ? He said I did not come to change the law but to fore fill it., not one jot or one tittel . Seems to me that you are buying into the lies of the churches of men.
edit on 8-3-2012 by Azadok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

And in any case, maybe God has decided that it's time (AGAIN...), seeing as how we've failed AGAIN to get it together.

No, that's why Jesus said "It's finished". He was the fulfillment of the first covenant with man, and the initiator of the 2nd. Then in Mark 18 He says He has told us everything.

But over the millenia who is it that delivers these 'covenants'. Hmm?
Correct! Humans.

No. God delivered, initiated, and carried out Himself both times. In Genesis and Abraham God had Abraham set up the parts of the ritual for the covenant and God place Abraham in a sleep and went through the ritual Himself. For the new covenant, Christ initiated it at the Last Supper, it became effective that next day.

edit on 8-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join