It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China is not hacking you !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I've read the post here on ATS and I am surprised at the lack of understanding that is going on here by the experts so let me explain the real deal.

In the land of the free your government is doing all it can to spy on you using assets and none is more worse than Facebook, Youtube and the infamous Google and it was China that kicked Google out for spying on it's people and not the other way around like the western press would want you to think.

Anyway as part of my work I scan dozens of Proxy Server lists and use hundreds of these servers from around the world and in most cases only 20% of these supposable servers on "live proxy lists" actually work or they work for about two pages and then start to act silly, timeout or send you the wrong pages, play with cookies and the like.

Trying to maintain a list of 40 Elite proxy servers with an uptime above 70% that service requests in under ten seconds is a labour of love and you cannot simply delete a good server from a list because it goes down for a few hours a day so it become a game of testing, retesting and recording the results and then only dumping a good server if it has failed five consecutive tests over a period of days.

Every time the bespoke software I use makes a request to a proxy server it records the results as being Good or bad and also good/Bad for the session and then auto trips the servers as required and I have been doing this for a long time and I can tell you all that 70% of the servers you are left with after a few weeks of testing that consistently return good results are all based in China.

Using free and open public proxy severs is taking your life in your hands, it's a game of cat and mouse and the reason these servers keep changing IP-Addresses is because they police are on to them or someone has found out what they are up to and attack them by relaying millions of requests from other proxy servers and if you are trying to hide your IP-Address using these servers then don't trust the usual "Whats my IP" sites because it's the easiest thing in the world for the proxy servers to do a search and replace of your IP address in the reply to convince you that you are safe and hidden.

Some servers also encrypt your IP address and send it as an extended header and I am sure that for a fee they can soon unencrypted the extended header if the price is right so before I use these "Free Services" I make sure I put a VPN between them and me first.

Running Tor inside a VPN is a good way to stay safe so long as you know that some of the exit nodes are ran by the FBI/CIA but you can send them on a goose chase by using Trans Fake proxy servers that report the wrong IP Address in the X-Forward-For of the HTTP request, very useful but no one seems to report server other than being Transparent, CoDeen, Anonymous or Elite.

We are at war alright with ACTA, SOPA but the war is not with China, it's with your own government and when I first told people that my machine was being port scanned fifty times a day some ten years ago they thought I was mad and whilst today everyone knows what a Firewall is you will soon all know what DMZ and sandboxes are if you want to maintain any privacy at all.

Sorry I am not from the ministry of propaganda in China even if I think this Kony story is about getting China out of Africa, Not part of Anon with its futile DDOS attacks that only serve as lessons for TPTB to bolster defences IMHO.

My question for the internet buffs here today is what is the most common four letter prefix for domain names in the world today by a factor of ten and no that does not include 'HTTP' or 'WWW' and is not a trick question.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I got hacked and did not like it yester year...things are different these days...try me

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I'm going to guess that the four letter word is.....................

Drum Roll.......................

SHTF

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Did you ever get that computer going?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

No, CPU blew on it. I don't have another one. You could smell that it was just about to fry up.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Some other useful tips to help curb the data mining / manipulation are
1.) Change your DNS servers.

OpenDNS provides a good service for this, its free and easy.

2.) Stop using GOOGLE or any large search engine with ties to data mining agencies such as Yahoo or Bing/MSN!

There are dozens of awesome search engines that don't track your searches or put you in a bubble, I recommend duckduckgo. This is something anyone can do and it will help minimize your exposure to data mining.

3.) Stay away from cloud services that try to consolidate all of your data / info in one location.

GOOGLE - GMAIL, GoogleDocs, Google+, Gtalk, even Chrome in some instances
Apple - Mobileme, iCloud, etc.
Microsoft - MSN, Hotmail, Live.com, skydrive, etc.
SItes that tie into your facebook / twitter / Gmail account - Sometimes you'll be given the option to create an account not associated with one of the above, in these instances, do it. Why give another company or community free reign to all of your information?

4.) READ PRIVACY POLICIES AND EULA'S BEFORE CLICKING OK/NEXT/YES

Pretty simple and self explanatory. Read before your sign, know what you're agreeing to / giving up.

These are all pretty basic and very easy to implement. I'm not going to harp on about TOR, VPNs, or Proxies, as they're not entirely necessary for basic web browsing or legal activities.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable
I got hacked and did not like it yester year...things are different these days...try me

What would you like me to try ?

Would a ping do the trick or would you like a full on port scan

You could always give me your IP address and then I type that in as my Trans fake address and then go upsetting a few people and they all think it's you but i don't think you would be that stupid.

ATS won't let me link to remote images to get your IP address and SQL injection on a less well defended site might turn up a result if i realy wanted you but thats hard work and not the type of thing i do.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by outwired

Yes some good advise but simply not going to Google does not mean they are not tracking your every move because they are on ninty percent of all sites and deleting cookies does not cut it any more with flash shared objects, DOM Storage, Etags, becons, cached files plus lots more so we are past simple basic methords and do bear in mind that your user-agent, flash version, county code, accepts string all but give the game away based on the owner of the dynamic IP your ISP loans you for the day and as soon as you visit your usual sites like ATS then they have your number.

Dis-info is the name of the game so let them have my cookies so long as they don't mind that it's sent back to them using one IP address for the images and another for the HTML and my country code keeps swapping between en-US and en-CA or my browser keeps swapping from IE7/8/9 to Firefox. Opera, Safrai and back again because in most cases all you need for an internet session is a cookie and it's not my fault they want to spy on me and my browser keeps telling lies is it now and so making the data worthless.

Open DNS is cool but it's also worth using your own local service to store your most common DNS results and to stop DNS tracking when firefox cleans its local cache out about every ten seconds.

Avoid using your real name for your windows profile because when you upload something then the files always come from C:\Users\Yourname\MyPictures and some scripts are able to read this and if you use a name like June2010 then it's easy to create a new user each year and dump just about all the information stored in windows for that person including Microsofts super hidden folders and Index.dat files

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I have had hundreds of attempts to get past my wireless firewalls. going back three weeks not a single one of those ips in a search revealed a source outside the US. I do realize the IPs can be subbed as well, however the sheer number of attempts from IPs inside the US is a clear indication to me of the majority of their locations.
I even followed one IP from an attack that was blocked back to ...yep... CNET a division of CBS? but i have never had any affiliation with them nor have I ever visited any of their sites. Hence the hackers are very very good since I am attacked by a site that obviously could care less about my machine? CNET has no interest in me. About a year ago I did manage to trace a hack back to a Chinese IP through Europe. Otherwise I have found most attempts to get into my systems are indeed from the US. By someone who is very well cloaked. Who else could it be? It has to be from Rich...Powerful...Highly placed...and enabled by our money Americans...that would be TPTB

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by outwired

Very nicely said. China does use much of the same random name, date, issue and technological scans and are very interested in all social web sites and sites like this. They use the same pattern recognition protocols our people and many nations now do, I like to think given a (for the moment) better technological edge of the USA, this is what we protect and brood over more then anything gives us some edge.

But as we saw on 9/11 despite a lot of information the over unimaginable vacuum cleaner thats our communications and data interception capacity, (not only the NSA but their the heavies by far), we didn't see what when we went back after the fact, saw the connections (a lot) hidden in so much noise. A disadvantage to getting more information then we can possibly analyze.

But China can call on far more analysts that can sift through reams of data then all other nations have combined. and people are still better at picking up certain nuances but not as often as good with seeing certain patterns in dissimilar communications, unless programed to look for just such a very specific dis-similar source and signature. The average insect is smarter then most computers, and can learn and adapt infinitely better... OOP's there I go off again ranting...
edit on 8/3/12 by arbiture because: correct grammer

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
I'm going to guess that the four letter word is.....................
Drum Roll.......................

OK since you all give in its "xn--"

See xn--0gvo6mrsifs7a.com

The text after the -- is codes for chinesse letters and the best i can make out is that about 10% of all domain names now start with this prefix.

See en.wikipedia.org...

What about the story about domain names all resolve to the same IP address via DNS servers ?

Not tested this one for sure but ping www.cnn.com gives me 157.166.255.18 from Germany using OpenDNS and www.DoubleClick.com come in as 216.73.93.8

Google I think always come in the same from everywhere but thats not to say we all get sent to the same gateway in the USA to be served by a cluster of servers in a web farm but i'm not sure how they split that one up between the data centers across the world

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Master_007

First respectfully thats crap. Google WAS hacked by China and commented on that in a similar OP. Yes and so do we.To say China does not do this only states you, regardless of WHAT video spews this says, have very little (if any) understanding of the intelligence community and how things work in the real world. Your reading a post from a former member of that hall of mirrors. So "007" why not get a more appropriate handle?
edit on 8/3/12 by arbiture because: added last line...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

While I believe you that the Chinese are not hacking individuals, they are actively hacking our Government. Meanwhile our Gov't is busily snooping on us.

And I'm watching you...watching them.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

While I believe you that the Chinese are not hacking individuals, they are actively hacking our Government. Meanwhile our Gov't is busily snooping on us.

All goverments are spying on each other to some degree and Israel was caught out last year for about the tenth time spying on the USA and last year China got 20% of the world internet traffic diverted in to China and it took a few hours before anyone noticed and no one ever worked out what that was all about.

What I am saying is that most of the free good proxy servers used by people in the west are based in China, its not something I've read, i've seen it and its no secret so if you think a little yellow man is hacking you just because the IP is in China then chances are you would be mistaken.

Maybe China has so many servers because they all want to get on Facebook or something, I don't know the answer but i do know they are second to none when it comes to quality of service and up time

Originally posted by arbiture

First respectfully thats crap. Google WAS hacked by China and commented on that in a similar OP. Yes and so do we.To say China does not do this only states you, regardless of WHAT video spews this says, have very little (if any) understanding of the intelligence community and how things work in the real world. Your reading a post from a former member of that hall of mirrors. So "007" why not get a more appropriate handle?
edit on 8/3/12 by arbiture because: added last line...

Sorry mate i'm not sure what you are trying to say and it looks like it went wrong on the cut and paste or something but i have covered my bases and given links but if you would like to share something with us from the "intelligence community" then please go ahead but it does sound to me that you need to see a bit more raw data instead of taking what you are told because everyone in the CIA just knew sadam had WMD but just could not find them now and i must also point out that Google has been hacked by ten year old school kids at times.

edit on 8-3-2012 by Master_007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Who said anything about the CIA? But sure, since you took the time and courtesy to respond to my post, I'll check out everything you presented in greater detail. Frankly my source about Google getting hacked is irrefutable and very much an insider, but that sounds like a wussy cop out with out evidence. So I'll see what I can find and am permitted with out breaking my oath to provide.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

If you're that concerned about security, why are you running windows and IE?

Maybe I misunderstood and you're just changing your user agent.

This isn't meant to sound condescending or sarcastic, I am curious when people concerned with security and privacy run windows over a *nix OS.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I would of never guessed that.

Xn..

totally lost me.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

So am I. But please! Don't "share" this (I hate that phrase) with anyone...

top topics

join