It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have a cold that won't go away?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevcolx
High Dose Vitamin C, Vitamin D3, Zinc etc are good for boosting your immune system. Another good thing to take in the morning is toast with Natural Honey and Cinnamon powder. A tasty way to boost your immune system. I also sometimes take a small amount of Colloidal Silver. A safer natural Anti-Biotic.

^ That, also make sure the honey is raw and local or Manuka honey. Honey is a antibiotic. Garlic is a great antibiotic too. Crush a few cloves and mix it into whatever food you prefer.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by stevcolx

Ahh Colloidal Silver turn blue?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux
This is a little off topic but...

My girlfriends daughter had a bad cough so she took her to the doctor. She was prescribed heavy antibiotics. The cough subsided a little but then she developed a yeast infection because all the good bacteria was killed in the process of killing the bad. Now her cough came back and they can't give her the strong antibiotics because it will make the yeast infection worse.

Thank god for modern medicine /puke

Remember when you use to rub mud on a bee sting? That sounds more modern than the new treatments.....

If she eats yogurt when she takes the antibiotics it will be better and replenish the flora killed off by the antibiotic. I had to do 2 Z packs and I hate modern medicine too but this thing would not go away. The good old days is when doctors made house calls and most doctors visit were around $50. We used to be seen and treated by the pharmacist himself. Oh you have___! Here take some of this...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks

That is so crazy!
How did he not notice? Doesn't the guy have a mirror?

I'm so doing that!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux
This is a little off topic but...

My girlfriends daughter had a bad cough so she took her to the doctor. She was prescribed heavy antibiotics. The cough subsided a little but then she developed a yeast infection because all the good bacteria was killed in the process of killing the bad. Now her cough came back and they can't give her the strong antibiotics because it will make the yeast infection worse.

Thank god for modern medicine /puke

Weird. I know a number of people who have this on and off "cold." All are women, and it started out as a yeast/bladder infection so doctors were treating that first with standard antibiotics, now they all have the never ending cold.

The cough and exhaustion are the main symptoms. The handful of people I know with this are older women (50-73), living in different states along the east coast.

Info for what it's worth...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks

Yes,good old Vicks Vaporub brings relief,also eating a clove of raw garlic twice a day (if you have an ulcer problem,eat the clove after breakfast and dinner,else it irritates the ulcer.Thats what ive found anyway) Lots of fluids,100% orange juice (NOT the reconstituted stuff,or anything with preservatives) If there are any South Africans reading this,Liquifruit is the way to go.

A cup of tea with an aspirin,or 2 if you feel realy grotty.And buy fresh ginger,then you use a piece the size of your pinky,make a few deep slices into it,steep it in boiling water with a thick slice of lemon.Add a teabag,and add honey for a bit of sweetness.Honey is always exellent for sore,scratchy throat. Chicken soup,made from scratch.If you are feeling too sick to stand by a stove for long,then dice a chicken breast with sone finely chopped ginger and a clove of garlic,also salt+pepper,of course,and seasoning of your choice.Stirfry in a bit of olive oil,and add water when browned,and add a packet-soup,chicken flavour.Its still good that way.

Im just recovering from the worst,most brutal cold ive had in years,lasted almost 2 weeks.In the town some miles away,the MediClinic is full of very sick kids.I took my l'il son to the doc on Tuesday,cus he woke up Monday night with a horrible croup-sounding cough.Turned out to be bronchitis,and then the doc told us there's a bad flu going around,many kids are down with it.Bit early for flu,here in South Africa,its only beginning of March.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I used to get two colds every year like clockwork. One at the start of winter and one at the end of winter.

The last 2 years ive been doing something preventative though. I drink a homeade fruit smoothie every morning (strawberries, blueberries, banana, peach, applesauce, a few carrots, some kale, vanilla yogurt, ocean spray cran, and milk).

The second thing- use hydrogen peroxide in your ears. Whenever you get that tickle in your ear or if you think you feel a cold coming on, do a peroxide wash of your ear canal.

I havent had a cold in 2 years now. And ive been around tonssss of sick kids at school.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by omegacorps

an elderly woman and two adult children who cared for her.

the Hellll that supposed to mean???
edit on 3/8/2012 by prevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
i have cold from past 11 years now!!! nothing bad in that!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Iv not had it yet. But a lot of people I know have. My Gf's dad was complaining yesterday about having his cold on and off for weeks now.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks

Wow. I always thought x men was fictional

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
If your nose runs and your feet smell
then you are built upsidedown

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by stewiegriffin

I guess this is what happens when you are being attacked with poisons/toxins from all kinda of sources including your drinking water.

Edit: and why the heck do they feed people with antibiotics for a simple cold?? If that is the case then no wonder why there is so much that is resistant against antibiotics these days. A cold is something that your own immune system should be able to get over without any kind of meds.
edit on 8-3-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevcolx
High Dose Vitamin C, Vitamin D3, Zinc etc are good for boosting your immune system. Another good thing to take in the morning is toast with Natural Honey and Cinnamon powder. A tasty way to boost your immune system. I also sometimes take a small amount of Colloidal Silver. A safer natural Anti-Biotic.

AND:
"The second thing- use hydrogen peroxide in your ears. Whenever you get that tickle in your ear or if you think you feel a cold coming on, do a peroxide wash of your ear canal. "

This can't be said often enough or loud enough.

Take heed or enjoy your cold/cough/flu.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Nice Dad joke..
haha

This was happen in Australia allot of people couldn't shake there colds off. must be a pretty bad strain.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

right on brotha!!

I have to admit i thought my buddy was BS'ing me with the peroxide idea. I assumed it was gonna sting like hell at the least, if not dissolve my ear drum and turn my brain to much.
But no, peroxide is a miracle for colds and sinus infections.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I've had a cold, one after the other this febuary that sticked to my lungs but the last time i had one was two years ago. I usually take care of people with a cold around me. I try not come in contact with any vectors.

On the other hand i've been feeling down for a while and i believe it's the true reason why i've got it.
When i dont have a good moral or feel depressed the flu seizes me.

edit on 8-3-2012 by SSimon because: spell check

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I have a lot of allergies and respiration problems, but since i am using a natural syrup which has echinacea and propolis (and some more other natural stuff) things got really better and quit using medication...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Home remedy for bacteria and viruses: I have a friend who is a ND (naturopathic doctor) and a MD. She told us that some new research she came across shows that coconut milk quickly breaks down viruses. I would imagine it would work on bacterial infections as well, since the bacterial cellular wall is weaker than a viral cellular wall. Anyway for adults drinking 4 ounces of coconut milk per day was sufficient. For children, 2 ounces per day. (except if you are allergic, of course)
My stepson had mono and we knocked it out in about 5 days with the coconut milk. Coconut water can work too, but its not as potent. I get it in the asian food section at the grocery store, comes in cans. Good to keep on hand.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks

Echinacia is readily available in U.S- my sweetie and I are on an intravenous drip because of this thing. local drug stores in the vitamin aisles, Wally world, supermarkets all carry one form or another. Get high milligram doseage. also get Emergen-C. Super concentrated vitamin C and other stuff. This approach seems to know at leat three days of recovery off.

Fought it off twice already and now...ding, ding, ding are you ready to rumble?? ARRGGH.
edit on 8-3-2012 by PaTommyJ because: spelling (stoopid fingers!!)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join