It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kony 2012 video, creepy bracelets, and a night of posters

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

Silo 13, you are simply out of line with that ignorant, reactionary statement.

Reactionary? Not in the least. I regret you either choose not to see my point or are guilty of exactly what you're accusing me of.

Ignorant? What' ignorant about stating facts?

FACTS ARE Kony uses children for his agenda and the filmmaker uses his own child and Jacob for his.

I'm sorry you don't like the facts, but, that's the truth - as painful as the truth may be.

Now obviously one man has 'good intentions' and the other does not - but it doesn't change the fact using children, good or bad, is still using children.

That this man made a video - that's gone VIRAL over the internet and included his child? His 6 year old little boy? In my opinion he's absolutely MAD.

Let’s play the what if game? What if there's a child molester out there that now can't get that little boys image out of his head and goes and kidnaps him? It's happened before on the internet we know this as fact.

What if someone in the USA is a paid (or unpaid) sympathizer to Kony? Someone with power. Someone who can pay to make a statement? What better way to make a statement than to kidnap or kill this little boy? Horrific yes. Fantasy? No. It's been done before as history has taught us and we all know history repeats itself. Frequently.

Ok, I'm sick of the 'what if game' - but it is a very real possibility that child is now at a higher danger risk than he was before. Facts are he didn't have to use his child. But he did. Irresponsible parenting at the least IMO.

So, we'll have to agree to disagree wont we.

Added note? In the future I expect you to follow T&C and leave off the personal attacks. If not then don't bother responding and well just end this discussion now.

peace
edit on 8-3-2012 by silo13 because: bbc

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
reply to post by mosheh24

Hitler's birthday is 4/20??

pretty sure MOST people associate 420 with smoking marijuana...

* I am in no way recommending drug use; simply stating a commonly known fact concerning the number/meme "420"

Yes 4/20 was Hitlers Birthday:

Hitler

I won't get into the numerology of things but you can search ATS for threads on why 4/20 in the Occult World is very important, this happened on 4/20:

Deepwater Horizon

A lot of things have happened on 4/20 that haven't been good so the date of these actions alone sets my spidey senses off. The 420 stoner meme I feel is used to take away the Occult significance of 4/20 IMHO.

Why this specific issue using 'save the children' is it exploding like wildfire YET their were/are worse men than this guy, think outside the box. Resources. North Korea uses it's Children in it's Army, in fact a Time Magazine Article with the Kim Jr a couple weeks ago even had a photo of him meeting those children in their Military Uniforms, but no outcry over that. Why? They don't have resources like Africa does to pillage and loot.

Mexican Drug Cartels are to this day recruiting children and raping all the time, yet no outcry as 'Kony 2012', why? The CIA need to keep the money flowing to fund black ops projects.

There's more examples like those, think outside the box and don't allow yourself to be manipulated as I feel this 'Kony 2012' is all public manipulation...."It's for the children, save the children" works better than the race card to incite public approval for an obvious future war, gotta remove those blinders to see when your being manipulated....

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

You may be right, and I hope you are, but let's not forget that the "LiveStrong" bracelets don't come with a tracking number.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I personally feel that using a child in a video promoting world change is absolutely appropriate.

with your rational for comparisons you might as well add putting a child in daycare so the parent can work right in there with 'using a child for your own agenda'. Might as well include rape and making love in the same line... I really can't comprehend why you'd want to include such opposites as using children for one's own agenda.

anyway, yes, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I don't want to get into whether its right or wrong for him to put his child in it, but do want to say that silo13 is not alone as I too disagreed with the child getting so much face time. Not because I feel like he is endangering the child, but it didn't add to the point of the video, which was vaguely made. I also disagreed with it on a personal level I guess, hard to describe why, but the why is not what I'm trying to voice in this post anyway.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by PassedKarma

using 4\20 just atraccts more of crowd than just targeting other social groups so there pulling out all the stops to attact as many social groups as possible to achieve the highest numbers, more numbers means more votes, and as u u know politicians dont care about were the votes come from just as long as its for them

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FelixFelicis

reply to post by silo13

This is sort of personal about me but I think it has relevance.

I'm a Psychologist (and male) and have spent most of the years of life helping women to find empowerment and help people change their lives. I am generally very much against the idea of our media ideation of thin women and the shunning of "normal" because they're "too fat" etc, etc. It's a horrible thing for our psyche and creates many, many problems.

That being said....

I have a 4-year old daughter who is unbelievably vibrant, beautiful and charismatic. From the time she was a few months old we literally could not leave the house without multiple people saying we need to get her in commercials/movies etc. After thinking about it my wife and I decided to put her in modeling. We would not change the world by letting them pick someone else and her having that experience could give her valuable life experience as well as money for her future. She loves the photo shoots and the experience of seeing herself in pictures at the mall, magazines, etc.

my point? both as a Dad who's daughter is a model as well as my perspective as a Psychologist, Jason having his son in the movie had no negative impact whatsoever on his son. Children like to feel valued and be part of things. Jason would have told his son about the world at a certain age anyway. PLUS it is a great model that we CAN talk to our children about big world events and some of our children are ready for this.

edit on 8-3-2012 by Thermo Klein because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Silo 13, you are simply out of line with that ignorant, reactionary statement.

Reactionary? Not in the least. I regret you either choose not to see my point or are guilty of exactly what you're accusing me of.

Ignorant? What' ignorant about stating facts?

FACTS ARE Kony uses children for his agenda and the filmmaker uses his own child and Jacob for his.

I'm sorry you don't like the facts, but, that's the truth - as painful as the truth may be.

Hi Jacob.... I know you watched your brother get his throat cut and die in front of you. I know you got captured by a man who uses kids for sexual slavery and uses kids to kill people.

I'm going to "use you" in the exact same way

Silo,
do RESULTS of being used have no meaning to you? Does the positive or negative value of the "Agenda" have anything to do with it?

I went back and read your post again as it got two stars and a comment about it. I literally am at a loss as to why you wish to compare these two men.

Just to lay it out....
One guy kills, mames, kidnaps and rapes children.
The other guy is trying to stop him...

but because Jason put his son and one of the victims in the film you somehow think that puts them in the same class as "using children for their agenda"?

edit on 8-3-2012 by Thermo Klein because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Silo,do RESULTS of being used have no meaning to you?

Morning

Of course results mean something to me. One reason I'm so against using children in the way Jayson (is that the filmmakers name?) has used his child. The risk is too great. The results could be astonishingly horrific. The same reason why I don't believe I could have made the same decision you did with your daughter. The world is too ugly a place these days to draw attention to children. But that's just my opinion and I'm not at all condemning you for the life choices you've made for your little one.

As for Jacob, the young man from Africa with the tortured past? What's going to happen to him when the 'cause' is completed, over, finished? Of course I'm pre judging but really, what's his fate? Is he going to stay in the States? (How?) Is he going to be bundled up and sent back to Africa? (Wow, incredible scary thought that). I'm remembering something about a movie made 'over seas', an American film, poverty stricken children, horrible usage bringing them to the States for premiers, etc... And when the movie was done? The GLAM over? They were tossed right back into the hell they lived in before. I don't remember the name of the movie but I think, even with my vague description someone reading this might remember and comment.

Anyway, yes, we'll have to agree to disagree. In my opinion children are far too precious to risk - for anything. They'll grow up soon enough and be 'out there' with the predators - no reason to invite the predators to dine.

As for Kony. I'm not so much comparing the two men as comparing their choice to use children as I've repeated ad nauseam.

Beyond that I applaud you for your choice of profession. Anyone who spends their life helping others deserves more credit than they get.

peace

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
the problem is from divorces to bad parenting to molestation to sex slavery and kidnapping, a portion of r children have and will (sadly of course) always be exploited because of there innocence, and the powers that be know this, and use this to fulfill there agenda, the higher ups know that since the common man/women are generly more good than bad will do anything to protect a child weather its here or across the pond either way(ever see those commercials with the sick and dying children). the f uucke d up part is "that this world will never favor the innocent" never has and never will. i suggest that the parents that do get hug and love there children do just that every chance they get, but at the same time show and teach what this world is about and not just put them through the motions of school and the day to day things that run our lives that this society has forced on us, our children(i have a couple myself) need to know what to expect and whats coming and then prepare them for that, if we can collectively give this to our children then it might be possible to shine a little light in a certain dark future.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I hate crazy people~

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Pwnit20wnit

i feel ya

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Your criticism is belittling to the importance of bringing peace to the Ugandan region of Africa, where people are fighting to saving the lives of children, and ending rape, murder and torture. These people are risking their lives, and that of their families to stop a genocidal madman.

He and many others I am sure - are well aware of the risk that they are putting their families into, having his child in the documentary does not alter the risk to this child because the risk has been there before his birth.

What good have you done?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I've followed Invisible Children, until fairly recently, for a few years now.

I liked the idea of the group initially because they really seemed to care about the children and families affected in Africa by the LRA. They essentially hired women in Darfur and surrounding areas to make bracelets that you could purchase (and I did purchase quite a bit from them) and the money went to providing tents/water/etc. to families that were displaced due to the war. They also had shirts, "Peace" water, and a few other things.

I thought it was a great organization until I learned that less and less of the money being raised was actually given to the people affected. (I don't remember where, but a couple months ago I read that initially around 80% of funds were used to help them, now it's something less than 20% or so. This was info. from some Ugandan natives that had been involved with IC that have been seeing first hand less and less money, but the info from IC themselves varies. Depends on who you believe I guess.)

My point to this is don't get too weirded out by the bracelets with numbers and stuff yet. It might be something, but I'm leaning toward not...and this is why..IC has always had gimmicky things to get people involved. They had a few nights just last year or the year before where people all over the US were basically just camping out together to "experience" and put themselves in the shoes of the children without shelter.

Last April they had a silence campaign, where you took a pledge to stay silent for 25 hours to bring awareness to the 25 years Kony had been involved with the LRA.

I think this is just another campaign to shock and get peoples attention, not unlike PETA with some of their ads, and to get some hearts bleeding.

Trust me, they don't have to track their members. Their members are WAY to happy to tell you that they're involved right off the bat.

Just wanted to add - I think the people suffering these atrocities do need help. That's why I felt strongly about the group to begin with. I just think everyone needs to check out organizations and where their funds are going (not just info the group puts out there, but from unbiased sources) before supporting any charity.
edit on 10-3-2012 by jacktorrance because: Added info...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join