It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kony 2012 video, creepy bracelets, and a night of posters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I recently let me dad and brother drag me to church. Being new and rather nervous around strangers, I chose to stick with my brother while he went to youth group. Specifically speaking, it's more of a older teen/college youth group, so it's not exactly like I'm too far out of the age bracket, anyway.

Anyhow, they showed the video, and it was the "Kony 2012" video that's gone viral. I thought that'd be it, but it wasn't. Things got even weirder. There was a kit with things to help you get involved mentioned, things you may not have heard about.

Like "Kony 2012" posters and those bracelets. This whole campaign is all a lead-up to the night of 4/20 when people in major cities all over the country are going to be putting up "Kony 2012" posters and signs everywhere late at night while most people are asleep. The bracelets have unique numbers on them, and you can enter that bracelet number into the site to mark yourself as part of "the movement". You can somehow use these to even track your impact.

Just thought you should know if you've got kids, siblings, etc. that are talking about this. It made the alarm bells in my conspiracy theorist mind go off the charts.
edit on 8-3-2012 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Wow! Just wow! I try to remain skeptical enough not to be fooled to hard, and I'm not into any specific religion, but that instantly brought to mind the number of the beast. Now, I'm not one to take mythology too literally, but prophecy and precognition have plenty of circumstantial evidence backing them to make me wonder if whoever wrote that bit in the Bible didn't nail this one.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Wow!
Tracking of some sort maybe? But for what? I feel like most conspiracies now have so many ties. And ties to things we probably don't even know about.

I am getting increasingly irritated that every other twitter feed is about Kony. Good lord! Talk about sheeple...

Someone last week predicted a false flag for this week to get our minds off of Iran. Interestingly enough, there is a lot of Obama imagery in the Koby video.
What the F ever. I'm so sick of this world and all the corrupt POS's that run things. Are we done here yet?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
i agree this guy kony needs to go, but it almost seems like this situation is being used to advance someone or something into power, i heard this organization gets about $8 million a year, why dont they hire a # load of mercenary's flush this sonna of bch out, they way there going about it is defiantly some sort of shadow tactic. and to make it on 4/20 is a red flag, with all the stonners around the world to make a just cause happen on the stonner holiday almost makes it seem like there trying to harness the stonner population into doing something useful, making stonners a targeted social group, and plus they get all the people that want to do something good in this world, stop kony, but leave all the shadiness by the wayside.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by RatoAstuto

Yeah, I hear you. I saw those little bracelets and that's exactly what I thought of. I'm pretty skeptical myself, but you can't help but make the parallels when you were raised in that sort of environment.

I also saw those bracelets and immediately thought of the numbers that were assigned to the Jews during the Holocaust.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
/crazy cap
its a campaign to watch social media fire up about something, and anyone with an opinion not matching everyone elses about it or whatever is subject to __________ by _______________

example, subject to ridicule by your family.

just kidding, i'm avoiding the entire thing (except ATS) and slipping a little reminder to people that there was a problem before kony existed in their fragile little minds.

weird how all the attention in the world just pointed at Africa overnight.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Yeah I am going to stay under the radar with friends on this one. The video came across as sleazy to me and the more I looked into the group the more I want nothing to do with it. Good cause, bad group.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
kinda looks to me like the puppet masters were getting sick being of burned by social media and figured out a way to use it to their advantage.

edit on 8-3-2012 by readytorevolt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

But isn't it always weird how we suddenly switch our focus about (in concern to world events) so instantly these days. Almost as if we've been programmed to react to some controlled stimuli, like pictures on a screen or posts on the internet... Or not

Srry, I just wonder sometimes if the news and what not isn't just misdirection these days. Because you're right, our focus has jumped to Africa pretty quickly. Just like it jumped from Occupy to Anonymous to Iran, and now suddenly we care what's happening in Africa again. Not that some people never stopped, but overall the nation cares about what they're told to care about these days.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
This just came to me, but let's say someone wanted to track the average American's capability to perform repetitive tasks efficiently in the dark, or when deprived of sleep, or after a communal religious experience such as group prayer... This event, what with the tracking numbers and what not, this could net some serious results for all kinds of different studies.

And to the guy or gal who mentioned the idea of targeting stoners, that is interesting. Especially when this is being lead by church groups. Would they be aiming to convert, or sniff them out? That's the question. Or study them, maybe. Who knows, but this whole event seems strange in many ways.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by RatoAstuto

And to the guy or gal who mentioned the idea of targeting stoners, that is interesting. Especially when this is being lead by church groups. Would they be aiming to convert, or sniff them out? That's the question. Or study them, maybe. Who knows, but this whole event seems strange in many ways.

I guess I'd like to know WHAT there is to study about people who "smoke". I don't like to call them stoners! Every one I know is pretty informed about current events and don't allow themselves to be spoon fed the media's BS. And I know a lot! I live in Denver lol.
So maybe they are interested in seeing if they are LESS likely to partake in an event like this. Who knows really. I just feel like there are so many ties to this Kony thing. So many different reasons they pushing it so much.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by PassedKarma

Plenty of things to study depending on what your overall goal is.

Let's say you want to find out how easy it is to get the average toker to give it up. Well, an event like this would give church officials or researchers who have been "placed" in the group to have a little talk about addiction and its effect on the soul.

Or, let's say you want to find out if it easier to recruit someone to your own political/religous/whatever agenda whilst they are under the influence. Plenty of opportunity with this event.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Yeah I am going to stay under the radar with friends on this one. The video came across as sleazy to me and the more I looked into the group the more I want nothing to do with it. Good cause, bad group.

Kony uses kids for his agenda and the filmmaker uses Jacob and his own son for his.
Two sides to the same coin.
And there is something 'off' about the whole thing. Off Off...
Beyond that?
There are no voids in situations like this.
Who's going to fill Kony's shoes when he's gone?

peace

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Who's going to fill Kony's shoes when he's gone?

Good point. It's not as if his capture or death will really change anything though I would like to see either happen.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I'm very suspicious of this movement and how fast it's seemed to spread on the Social Networking sites. I've begun my own campaign on Facebook by posting this:

Visible Children

But what I find weird is I have posted numerous pics, articles today unrelated to this with no issues but when I posted this as my status update and post this to comment on ALL the 'Kony 2012' posts I see to spread the other side of it I suddenly have to enter a captcha, not easy captchas either the hardest ones I've had to decipher on the Net. I find that odd considering what a poster said earlier about this all being a test.

Why a Captcha every time I post that and ONLY for that? A thinning of the heard, those against this in a previous study fall into X category, I mean with NDAA in effect now just odd. My conspiracy mind is going bonkers on this one. As a poster mentioned I think all these things are interconnected somehow even things we don't see being connected but all part of the end game whatever that may be.

Only time will tell.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
Like "Kony 2012" posters and those bracelets. This whole campaign is all a lead-up to the night of 4/20 when people in major cities all over the country are going to be putting up "Kony 2012" posters and signs everywhere late at night while most people are asleep.

Interesting choice of a day to do that why not the 19th or the 21st....Nope April 20th.....hmmm Hitlers Birthday that's odd, why 4/20? Mass people in major cities walking about putting up posters on 4/20, what could go wrong with that?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Kony uses kids for his agenda and the filmmaker uses Jacob and his own son for his.

One thing I have learned this lifetime if that if you want to manipulate people to the maximum extent possible, you play the children card. The majority always reach for their wallets when the children card is played.

I felt pretty disgusted when he used his own kid to manipulate everyone.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
granted there can be something spooky (for some of us) about being labeled as part of a certain group, wearing a bracelet to say so, for example.... but if you watch the Kony 2012 video it is clearly about getting people to communicate and take even the slightest of actions to get Kony's name recognized as the WORST criminal on the planet!

When the world wakes up on 21Apr and a bazillion people google "Kony", watch the video, etc it can LITERALLY change this world! Imagine that $8 million turn into $50 million spent toward scanning devices and computers, communication services, etc to help bring those children back home and take Kony out! This movement has the potential to be the next step in the "World Spring"

as a side note, how do you feel about Lance Armstrong yellow cancer-fighting bracelets? They raise money to change something too and they're pretty famous,

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mosheh24

Hitler's birthday is 4/20??

pretty sure MOST people associate 420 with smoking marijuana...

* I am in no way recommending drug use; simply stating a commonly known fact concerning the number/meme "420"

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Two sides to the same coin.

This is the most obscene thing I've seen in a long time!!

I can't imagine you're actually serious about this but comparing a man (Kony) who has been stealing people's children for 20+ years, forcing them to kill their own parents, drugging them, using small girls for sexual slavery....

against

a man who includes his own well-adjusted, artistic, cared-for, intelligent child in a movie about empowerment of our world to stop a criminal and making our world a better place by caring and taking action.

Silo 13, you are simply out of line with that ignorant, reactionary statement.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join