It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PANETTA: International permission trumps Congressional permission for military actions.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Thank you for your kind words and support. You made me cry. I know you are right in what you say. I feel your love.
God Bless

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
America, you need another revolution.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Can anyone deny this crap now? I've seen the NWO discussion time and time again, always one side bringing up

the reptilians and the other fighting to prove the honesty of the government.

PROOF is right in front of everyone's eyes. The Obama administration is responding only to the UN and is basically

saying, F Yourself's to congress. We're literally days away from war

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by xstealth

What the. . . ?

Try it. Just bloody well try it. This is so wrong on so many levels that I am near speechless.

I think Panetta did that on purpose to wake us up.

Look at this thread. Leon Panetta has awoken a sleeping giant.

I think Panetta is as disgusted as we are.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Any personal opinions aside, you people DO realize that SCOTUS has ruled this to be so for decades??? Before you get on your high horses, educate yourselves.

Because of the Constitution and it's recognition of International Treaties, Congress, in effect, cedes authority to a Treaty when it approves one.

No wonder we keep electing idiots. Our electorate is horrible uneducated. I guess that explains why we have a Creationism museum

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Write To Congress Today!

Following is a copy of correspondence I emailed today to my Senators and Congressman. Please feel free to copy it and mail it to your own representatives.

Dear Congressman ____:

I am writing to urge you to support House Concurrent Resolution 107, introduced March 7, 2012, by Congressman Walter Jones. The resolution expresses "the sense of Congress that the use of offensive military force by a President without prior and clear authorization of an Act of Congress constitutes an impeachable high crime and misdemeanor under article II, section 4 of the Constitution."

The resolution was made necessary by the outrageous assertions made during testimony by Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman General Martin Dempsey before the Senate Armed Services Committee hearing earlier this week. In blatant disregard for the rule of law, these gentlemen stated that their authority derives not from the United States Constitution but from the authority of the United Nations and NATO, international bodies over which the American people have no democratic control. Even the president in June of last year dismissed the need to get Congressional approval for military action in Libya by citing authorization of the UN Security Council.

Please confirm that you will strongly support H Con Res 107 and will not tolerate any further abrogation of the rule of law by officials in this administration.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Just want to apologise to anyone I might've wound up with my confused posts over this thread. Things have just changed after seeing this : www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also hoping he's impeached, and that awareness is raised about the people running our countries, and manipulating our media.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver

Originally posted by OldCorp
Oh, HELL NO!

Chalk up another FU to the Constitution. That settles it; I'm going to run for Congress.

*Irony is sometimes a cruel mistress.

The problem with that OldCorp, is people like you and I whom truly love our nation and have no problem defending our constitution to our death stand no chance of ever being able to run for congress. That is the way that the elitists and tyrants we have running things have made it. Not the way it was designed when founded but the way that the progressive elites have warped and twisted things.

TPTB don't want people like us in office. We are stubborn, and stand our ground on what we believe in and that would be a wrench in the works of their plans.

Tough.

My US Representative voted for the NDAA, and that makes his seat a target. Besides, I don't have anything better to do.

reply to post by derfreebie

Just watch my back brother, just watch my back. Oh, BTW...

"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." (Lieutenant General Lewis B. Puller, USMC, 1962.)

"Retreat Hell! We're just attacking in another direction." (Major General Oliver P. Smith, USMC, Korea, December 1950.)

Marines have better slogans.

HOOAH, and OORAH!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Thanx for the great pic!
Which will be my new avatar in the next few days I am sure...
edit on 9-3-2012 by SmArTbEaTz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeatherofMaat

Any personal opinions aside, you people DO realize that SCOTUS has ruled this to be so for decades??? Before you get on your high horses, educate yourselves.

Because of the Constitution and it's recognition of International Treaties, Congress, in effect, cedes authority to a Treaty when it approves one.

No wonder we keep electing idiots. Our electorate is horrible uneducated. I guess that explains why we have a Creationism museum

You are correct, the constitution does recognize international treaties and clearly states that no treaty entered into with a foreign nation or entity shall have more power than the constitution. Therefore our constitution trumps any and all treaties. Look it up, I would provide a link but am posting from my phone.

Next time before you call people idiots and uneducated be sure you have your facts straight, lest you look like the uneducated one.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

What this means is that the Obama admin is not and never was anti-war, they are just anti-Constitution.

That's not much of a news flash. We knew that already.

Obama even admitted that the US Constitution is slowing him down.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by robhines

Originally posted by mal1970
This is not our government. It has be hijacked by foreign powers.

Hahah! It probably always has been! You actually believe our governments are run by the people we elect?

No, I do not believe our government is run by the people we elect. That was the point of my statement.

As for 'always has been', perhaps. I'm not sold on the idea that our founders intended this as a result, but it didn't take long for the corruption to begin. Our 2nd President, Adams, and our 5th Congress instituted the Alien & Sedition Acts.

how has Panetta broken any rule in your consitution?

He has announced to his boss (Congress) his allegiance to a foreign power.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mal1970
He has announced to his boss (Congress) his allegiance to a foreign power.

Yup, apologies again, posted here : www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth

Originally posted by Wolf321

If more people were actually intelligent and didn't wonder through life like zombies for drama then we could do something about it.

If they asked about this on the street 90% of people wouldn't know that military actions require congressional approval, then most of the rest would agree that international permission is a good thing because Obama is doing a good job
. The people that are actually informed are few and far between.

Yes, most people don't read the Constitution enough to realize that a "Declaration of War" does not have to be in the form of a law, but just a declaration. Therefore, it doesn't have to be signed to go into effect and, if it is a declaration, then it is not subject to a veto either.

But most people don't want to think about such stuff and care more about sports, celebrities, and "reality" TV.
edit on 9-3-2012 by CharlesMartel because: typos

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

What this means is that the Obama admin is not and never was anti-war, they are just anti-Constitution.

That's not much of a news flash. We knew that already.

Obama even admitted that the US Constitution is slowing him down.

Maybe, you and I know that, but quite a few ATS posters support Obama like he can do no wrong. No harm speaking the truth. Maybe if it spoken enough if will get considered.

Obama admin is not and never was anti-war, they are just anti-Constitution

God bless.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Obama signed into law NDAA, with provisions to put US citizens into indefinite detention. Then swore to never use that provision. But can Panetta, if requested by NATO for example, round up and incarcerate US citizens accused by NATO of terrorism, under the NDAA provisions?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by VirtualAnomaly

Thank you very much....these are going out Monday!!

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

TextObama admin is not and never was anti-war, they are just anti-Constitution

Yes Sad.....you are correct!!

He studied constitutional law so he could find it's weaknesses..
edit on 10-3-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join