Pat Robertson says God told him Bush will win

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I ran across this today and just had to share. It's old news, but apparently Pat Robertson said in January that God told him Bush will win the presidency this November. In a landslide.

Pat Robertson on the 700 club 2-Jan-04:
I think George Bush is going to win in a walk. I really believe that I'm hearing from the Lord it's going to be like a blowout election of 2004. It's shaping up that way. The Lord has just blessed him. . . . It doesn't make any difference what he does, good or bad. God picks him up because he's a man of prayer and God's blessing him.

What will he say if Bush loses? That God flip-flopped?

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   
From God's mouth to Pat Robertson's ears to Pat Robertson's mouth to the 700 Club to a website to HoonieSkoba's eyes to HoonieSkoba's fingers to BTS to our eyes...

Hard to get much closer to God than that!

If Pious Pat 's right, he called it at least 11 months before Election Day, which wouldn't be shabby.

If he's wrong, then we know God has a sense of humor about these things.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Now take into account the fact that Pat Robertson predicted the world would end back in 1982 and for some *shrug* unknown reason
I am not convined of his prediction.

Here on ATS I have seen virtually NOT a SINGLE prediction come true. And in fact if i see a prediction something is 'going' to happen I feel almost certain it won't happen. In fact bet the opposite of predictions.

Some people have predicted Kerry would win. I thought that was a certain victory for Bush, but now Robertson says this and it gives me a small glimmer of hope for Kerry's election.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
...I like the part where Pat says "it doesn't matter what he does, good or bad."
...as if God will ignore the bad things you do as long as you preach his word & oppress those who don't believe in him...but actually, isn't the Bible full of examples of that crap?

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
WTF happened to my post!? Well it wasnt too much to contribute other than the fact that I read he think that people who are interested in UFOs should be stoned. And I'm sure he didn't emply that people who beleive such "crazy" stuff had to be stoned off their asses.
Didn't he also run for governer or something?

new topics

join