It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's War On Terror: Islam, Prophecy and the Bible (Walid Shoebat w Joel Richardson)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by joewalker

There is a simple solution to all this , get a king James bible , a Koran and a copy of Wallids book Gods War on Terror . Read the book while high lighting the passages in question . By comparing all and having maps of the world then and now one can reconstruct the truth of these prophetic verses and determine if Mr. shoebats conclusions hold any water so to speak.

It is a very simple solution and will intrigue anyone with the slightest interest to finding the truth and if these thousand years old prophecies are a hoax or not .

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

There's one . . . uhhhh . . . flaw in the attitude and questioning expressed . . .

ALMIGHTY GOD

IS GOD

and you are not.

As Bill Cosby put it so well . . .

Noah, how long can you tread water?

Your attitude

PRESUMES a couple of things, at least

1. that you have a lofty perch higher than God from which to judge Him.

2. that you have 100% exhaustive, comprehensive information with which to judge God from.

Given such wonderous gifts, have you had to get a larger hat?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Thanks. Much appreciate the link.

Given the thousands of counseling hours with a diversity of individuals, couples and families . . .

I long ago quit expecting

1. folks' memories to be perfect
2. their narratives to be pristine flawlessly free of the slightest contradictions etc.

People are human. Even folks trying very hard to be consistent and totally honest . . . are simply not perfect in recall nor in their narrative story telling.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Sooooooooooo IF we had a 100% accurate and 100% exhaustive video record of your life, we'd find 0.000000000000% contradictions? we'd find 100% flawless memory?

If you are trying to ask, 'Joe, do you remember putting that Spider down Sara Smiths back when you were four years old' then my answer would be no, prolly not
IF
you are asking 'Joe, do you remember how and why you found a belief in God' then the answer would be yes.

Impressive. Quite touching that such perfection would dare to interact with us mortals

Meh, its a hobby

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

Heya Azadok.

It is a very simple solution and will intrigue anyone with the slightest interest to finding the truth and if these thousand years old prophecies are a hoax or not .

Cool, I shall hit the Library and have a look at the weekend.

Joe.

edit on 8-3-2012 by joewalker because: D'oh! replied to the wrong member;guess Ima only mortal after all!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Wow! That made for an interesting read!

After reading your link about Shoebat and Altaf's connection, I decided to do a little more research on Altaf and found his website. This website totally bashes and slanders Shoebat. If you take the time to read most of it, Altaf sounds batcrap crazy to me! I can't imagine a Godly man using this much venom towards another on a supposed "Christian" website. That's when you have to take a step back and look at the tactics of each man. We've now seen Shoebat defend himself, but have we seen him try to totally destroy Altaf and point out all of his "false teachings" one by one like Altaf obviously tried to do here with Shoebat?

There's only one reason I can think of that Shoebat might change his version of how he became a Christian from the version that includes his wife, to Altaf's version of Shoebat's American mother being the one to introduce him to Christianity. Unless Shoebat changed his story to protect his American mother from his father, I can't think of any other reason for Shoebat to change it.

In reality, I think it most likely Altaf's version to make Shoebat look bad. Here's a link to all the venom that Altaf says about Shoebat and it doesn't sound like it's coming from a Christian man to me. It sounds like it's coming from a mad man.

www.abrahamic-faith.com...

Edit: You have to scroll down past the dotted line to get Altaf's version.
edit on 8-3-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Heya Deetermined.

After reading your link about Shoebat and Altaf's connection, I decided to do a little more research on Altaf and found his website. This website totally bashes and slanders Shoebat

Yea, its a strange one, which is why I tried not to include any of Altafs other claims against Mr Shoebat..without wishing to be disrepectful to either man, it does read like a falling out of former friends.

There's only one reason I can think of that Shoebat might change his version of how he became a Christian from the version that includes his wife, to Altaf's version of Shoebat's American mother being the one to introduce him to Christianity. Unless Shoebat changed his story to protect his American mother from his father, I can't think of any other reason for Shoebat to change it

Except of course, the version on the Abrahamic-faith website is reputed to be written by Mr Shoebat.

In reality, I think it most likely Altaf's version to make Shoebat look bad. Here's a link to all the venom that Altaf says about Shoebat and it doesn't sound like it's coming from a Christian man to me. It sounds like it's coming from a mad man.

It could be, from what I understand both have a bit of a reputation for harsh words...Mr Shoebats spat with Debbie Schussel for example, that said, it doesnt automatically mean the fellas story is wrong.

I am going to take Azadoks advice and have a look in the Library on saturday.

edit on 8-3-2012 by joewalker because: correct spelling of deetermined's name

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

The whole thing is bizarre.

The thing that gets me about Debbie's story is that she claims her argument with Shoebat took place through an e-mail in which he used some false woman's name to send her an e-mail.

I just read through the link again that I provided and I just realized that between Altaf and Debbie, there is now a third story and explanation as to how Shoebat learned about Christianity. I'm not sure what to think about the old link with Shoebat's story. It looks like his father died not too long ago, and the old story says that his mother kept her Christianity and baptism secret from the family. Maybe he was just trying to protect her from him. I'll do some more digging on that too.

I can't keep up with it!

Good luck at the library! Let us know what you find!

I'm going to do a little more research on Altaf, as it appears from my link that he might be a believer of polygamy. I think I need to go back and make sure I read that right.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
This will be my last post with regard to Altaf as my head's starting to spin from reading all the work that Satan is doing to turn people away from Christianity. It's worse than any soap opera.

Here's part of an e-mail from Simon Altaf's ex-wife to Shoebat explaining some cult that was starting to suck him in.

Hi Walid,

I’m afraid Simon has lost the plot, is involved in a cult and right now is under a demonic attack and possessed.

He’s been acting very strangely ever since he got involved with these lunatics from Florida. He corrected the teaching of a self professing Rabbi who has written the vilest book imaginable and has rubbed HaShem’s holy name in dirt. It’s called “sex and the believer” and it’s disgusting.. You can get it from the YATI website, it’s disgusting and totally carnal. Aside from being proponents of polygamy they are obsessed with having as many women and children as possible and creating “seed for HaShem”.

The book mentions lewd things like if you have too many wives, you can have a male concubine, make your wife satisfied so that she does not feel “neglected”. The book uses words like “now ladies go find yourself a male, but don’t forget to tell your hubby”…along those lines. They have been obsessed with it for months and seem to be more concerned about how many wives they will have in the millenium rather than being in the presence of Yahushua our Messiah.

www.joelstrumpet.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Sigh.

There's no end of complexity and perversity with humans . . .

I haven't finished this rather thick book . . . however, I consider Walid a bit intense . . . speaking as someone most folks characterize as the most intense person they know.

No harm inherently in that. It just generates strong feelings in enemies and friends.

Add religious feelings on top of that . . . wheeee.

Thanks for your research.

Blessings,

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

My conclusion after reading all of those paragraphs you posted from the book is, this man, like most of the converts to Christianity from Islam, was brought up around radicals and has equated the entirety of one religion with the crazies he lived with.

Shucks, this isn't news. I mean, there are so many people who are Muslims in name only and hate the religion itself but don't have the guts to come out and speak simply because they were negatively affected by the radical teachings of nut jobs around them, and continue to be scared of them living in cowardice and complete ignorance of what the religion means.

One cannot even say they were properly educated in Islam, one can say they were educated in twisted teachings. Ofcourse they will get up and become enemies of such teachings.

But from the point of view of a NORMAL human being, who's mind and soul has not been corrupted by the revenge of political movements, or the lack of self esteem deeply rooted in its race, I can safely say that the reason I believe in God is Islam. Without it, I would not take any of the other religions seriously. Not because they were re-written, or because they do not contain shreds of divine goodness in them, but because they are without doubt, completely and utterly against the goodness in human nature.

I don't mean to attack anybody's religion, but Christianity teaches that man is born in sin, in order for me to accept Jesus as my savior, I first have to renounce any integrity I was born with and conclude that God bestowed this sin upon me from birth. However, Islam teaches that each person is born clean and untainted from the sins of their forefathers. Which makes more sense to you? If I leave every other teaching aside and conclude with this, it would be against my understanding of human integrity, and that God is All Fair and Powerful, that He would never let other people pay for the price of some humans sin. Where is the fairness and equality in that?

You can try find evil in my words, you won't find any. Since there were no evil teachings to begin with. But nay, Islam does not only reinstate the lost integrity of man on the hands of Christian teachings, but it reinstates the clarity and goodness of Jesus Christ by informing us that he was not the person who performed these teachings. He was not the one who condoned killing himself so ye may survive, and neither was he the person who would challenge Gods Fairness and Justice by claiming every human was to pay for Adam's sin otherwise.

edit on 8-3-2012 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

Thanks for your thoughtful reply.

I think I understand.

I don't have any trouble with 'original sin.'

It is the most accurate description of what I have obseved for 65 years.

As Phil Zimbardo . . . the psychologist who ran the prison experiment . . . articulated in an intro to his INTRO TO PSYCH text decades ago . . .

My paraphrase:

'It's not a big problem if there are monsters out there.

There aren't many of them. We can gang up on them.

It's a much more difficult/frightful problem if the monster is within each one of us.'

Of course, his prison experiments indicated that was exactly the case.

As does the novel THE LORD OF THE FLIES illustrate so vividly.

As to Christ's Blood covering availing for my Salvation--PRAISE GOD--COMPASSIONATE LOVING GOD OFFERED HIMSELF IN HIS MERCY AS HIS OWN SOLUTION FOR HIS OWN JUSTICE.

Truly His mercy triumped over His justice.

BTW, perhaps you could answer something for me I've never been able to get an adequate answer for:

Given that Muslims assert that Allah is benevolent, merciful, generous etc.

and that they have Mecca, Qom and Medina . . . why not give the Jews Jerusalem fully, freely in the name of God's mercy, generosity etc?

BTW, please enjoy a good desert at Lindaman's on South Hill just South of the Cathedral, for me. It's been 32 years since I've been there--or thereabouts.

Thanks again for your thoughtful answer.

edit on 8/3/2012 by BO XIAN because: an addition

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I won't argue with your understanding of the original sin, to me, the presence of both animalistic and angelic qualities in man, suffices to explain the whole "there are monsters out there" thingy, without having to resort to killing off anybody for anybody's sin. In Islam, Adam sinned, and was forgiven, but that didn't change the fact that we were to be tested here on earth for the rest of our existence.

As for Jerusalem, this is a completely political dispute. It has nothing to do with what Islam thinks and says. Islam says all the earth belongs to God and we musn't bicker over it because we're not going to keep it forever anyways.

But Arabs in general have been huffing and puffing about Jewish assaults on their land, and they feel insulted by it. It is a personal matter. Yes there are Imams and Muslim clerics who want to turn the whole issue into a religious one but they're all daft and ignorant of what Islam truly teaches: moderacy and getting along. It doesn't teach peace in all matters ofcourse. It teaches to get up and fight if people come in and invade your land, instead of sitting on your butt and being cowardly.

However, even that allowance is simply an allowance and not a must to be Muslim. Because there is a difference between allowances and musts. The Quran says God sent prophets and religions for ONE reason: social coherency. If people would get along better and stopped killing each other and invading each others rights, God would not have had to resort to sending sooooo many warnings would He?

So a knowledgeable Muslim has only God to answer to, and must consider what is the best for society before going around and warmongering, being narrow minded and causing pain for the masses. If he or she cannot do this, the payment for it will be severe in the afterlife. There are no exits.
edit on 8-3-2012 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Wow! That made for an interesting read!

After reading your link about Shoebat and Altaf's connection, I decided to do a little more research on Altaf and found his website. This website totally bashes and slanders Shoebat. If you take the time to read most of it, Altaf sounds batcrap crazy to me! I can't imagine a Godly man using this much venom towards another on a supposed "Christian" website. That's when you have to take a step back and look at the tactics of each man. We've now seen Shoebat defend himself, but have we seen him try to totally destroy Altaf and point out all of his "false teachings" one by one like Altaf obviously tried to do here with Shoebat?

There's only one reason I can think of that Shoebat might change his version of how he became a Christian from the version that includes his wife, to Altaf's version of Shoebat's American mother being the one to introduce him to Christianity. Unless Shoebat changed his story to protect his American mother from his father, I can't think of any other reason for Shoebat to change it.

www.abrahamic-faith.com...

Edit: You have to scroll down past the dotted line to get Altaf's version.

Ouch. Harsh stuff in that link.

He alledges Walid writes sometimes as a woman, but provides no evidence. There are other things that made me arch an eyebrow at.

It's funny how people dispute the validity of Walid's claims, yet they always seems to forget that he came from the middle east and it is an entirely different world there than it is in the west. There's actually evidence to support Walids claims of what palestinians are taught in school HERE teaching kids to kill jews for Allah, how to cut the hands and feet off of a thief for 10th graders and many other...interesting things.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

Islam says all the earth belongs to God and we musn't bicker over it because we're not going to keep it forever anyways.

Tell that to the muslims firing rockets from Gaza into Israel. Tell that to the muslims who riot anytime a jew ascends Mt Moriah and whispers a prayer while standing near where the temple once stood. Tell that to the muslims who refuse to allow the jews to rebuild their temple. Jews haven't been able to have their sins forgiven for 2000 years, muslim can go to hajj and walk around the blackstone or kiss it to absolve their sins, but jews do not have that option. Muslim could just let bygones be bygones and allow the jews to rebuild their temple as a good faith work to help broker peace, but will they do it? Nope! In fact there were riots there last week because the Al-Aqsa Foundation was spreading rumors that some radical jews were going to go up the mount to rebuild their temple and muslim were called to "repel the infidel" which led to the death of a 23 year old muslim woman when the Israeli police had to get involved.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

He is very entertaining, but not as accurate as his presentations might lead you to believe.

Believe no one!! Check " facts " for yourself, then decide what you believe..

One great tool for studying the bible in its " original " text is a website called " blue letter bible ".

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

i judge god based on its words and actions.

just like you should judge people.

And god has been nothing but a huge piece of %&*^.
edit on 9-3-2012 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
The god of islam and the god of the bible.

Wounder which one is right.

I know lets let them work it out when they show up.

That way every one can get along in peace and love.

No more wars over who is right and wrong,

Now how do i get people to think like this?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by grayghost

Now how do i get people to think like this?

You pray for them.

Then you accept the realization that not all were meant to figure it out in this life, but the next one.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
shoebat is so Off, i dont even know where to start - it d take a book in itself to counter his teachings

sadly - his chewy one-liners have much effect in certain Ignorant (christian) groups
- because all these things are PER DEFINITION directed to destroy christianity from inside: you noticed?

He is a shill 1st class... Starting out by posing a False Premisse:
he poses two 'opposites ' against eachother, which ARE NO opposites,
but are a product of the same entity: satan.

It is the latter, who created ' sun ' and 'moon ' religion
- in order that hé can be inbetween - and rule bóth.

false dualism

..where you think the 'two headed eagle ' originates from?

and this writers entire goal, is to lay a smokescreen
...so that direction is deflected from judaism

it is all about ' deflecting attention ' here ;
telling blatant lies about the group where the attention needs to be deflected FROM,
and babble with walls of texts about the "two sworn enemies " .

..it s all Controlled Opposition. Everything. No matter where you look.
and one breaks his neck about the false selfproclaimed prophets and teachers

Make sure you Get to know the Lord.
In the end, that is all that matters.

bless

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join