It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N3KL.org Sun Blast hitting satellites now!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by bumpufirst

My husband came from work with a migraine yesterday afternoon,also.Today he looks like a train went over him,so wrung out exhausted and weak,though the actual pain is mostly gone.When there's a lot of rain coming,he normaly always gets diarrhoea beforehand-lucky for him we havent had so much rain this summer.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Well,im in Africa,im not too worried,though,no point,there's nothing one can do to stop it.Also the entire valley where-in we live,is apparently the caldera of an ancient extinct volcano.For me these things go under "Act of God". If your number's up,its up,dont realy matter where one lives.Hope it dont knock out the Net connection.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
solar wind density gust picked up
Solar wind
speed: 285.8 km/sec
density: 5.0 protons/cm3

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Good point.

Ive been sick with a migraine for about 2 days now and some people around me are having the same problems. Probably not the cause, but its definitely a good angle to look into.

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
So do any of you think these solar storms can make people sick?

My daughter and I are suffering from migranes today...had them last time we had a big flare also.

I am extremely prone to migranes, have gotten them my whole life, throbbing head, puking, dry heave for 7+ hours, the whole deal.

nothing recently, thank the almighty

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
At least now I have something to blame my migraine on other than the oak pollen blanketing the backyard. two days running. FWIW I stocked up on Extra Strength Excedrine too. Never thought to take Benadryl with it.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Love to see how this thread calmed down. My god, won't say I told you so...

But...

Told you this would be nothing.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd

Originally posted by Manhater

I got a killer migraine too and nothing is helping, I also feel really drained and tried. About ready to go to bed. It's like very hard for me to read right now.
edit on 7-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

I know it sounds old school but my grandma used to give us alkaseltzer for everything, and now I have some with aspirin in it, and I took one with a glass of water and it went away very quickly, not like my motrin IB which works awesome too. Tylenol is for paper cuts, and arthritis. Give it a try.

You need medication for papercuts? I just use bandages if my blood doesn't quickly coagulate.

On a serious note, I am glad I am not experiencing a headache. The thing should be be happening now, from what I heard it started about 7am central time. I do hope you guys get to feel better.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

In cases like this, I am glad you can say "I told you so". Sure beats not being able to say it.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Hi all....just checking in...beautiful sunny day here, alot of wind shaking the house, still have bad headache.
Tried to see some lights last night, but nothing there, maybe tonight.....I have never seen an aurora, would love to.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by calnorak
reply to post by amongus

In cases like this, I am glad you can say "I told you so". Sure beats not being able to say it.

Amen brother....or sister. This doesn't mean that we shouldn't be worried with the recent uptick in the solar maximum. I think there will be a time in the very near future where people should panic. It was just misguided panic this time around.

edit on 8-3-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

compare the last 10-20 years satellite pictures of the sun to the one we have today and ull notice that the sun is getting bigger and bigger. Also is moving from a yellow/red to white color.

Also when ur going to check all picture you can on the web, you notice that some picture are blurred, or that the radiation coming from the sun is getting bigger then they normaly was in the last 10 years. thats because nasa is editing the satellite images to make it appear as the sun isnt growing in size.

but the son dont grow in size, it goes in phase and when the next phase start, the sun is going to get bigger by the minutes and will eat mercury and venus and the sun will became so hot that it will burn our atmosphere.

we are #ed...

hi im the sun... nom nom nom, burp!!!*

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Drink some water, probably dehydrated.

All the excedrin was recalled....but I have five left, if you want one.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
So where is everybody that was freaking out yesterday?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

and I am hoping to see some Northern Lights in Indiana again this year.

Where exactly in Indiana you don't have to be real specific but I live in Indiana and really want to see some Aurora's.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
It's really doing a number out there right now.

Does anyone know if the satellite that took this picture if it is being engulfed with this plasma (or whatever it is)?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

I saw some auroras here a couple of months ago in Crown Point. they were amazing-my first time viewing them outside of a book...

Keep looking up, it is clear here right now, I will be watching all night.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Yes, SDO is still being bombarded with high energy particles from the solar event.
So is SOHO.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

What are the scientific effects from those particles on Earth?
Do any of those particles make it through our atmosphere?
I know they can effect communications, but that is mostly from satellite interference right?
How far do they penetrate?

I have heard that when one of those go through you you can see it in your left eye, like a small flash.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
NASA and the scientific community have known about this storm moving in since 2006, and before. This is what scares me about the Mayan stuff. The Mayans calendar is called the Sun Calendar-is that right? I have read into it and I know that is only one way to count with that calendar, but it's still scary.

science.nasa.gov...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join