It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N3KL.org Sun Blast hitting satellites now!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Also, This kind of thing isn't really just going to hit 1 area. The cloud will engulf the whole earth. Cme's are earth sized events. Maybe the flares don't like iran? hahaha

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
wait there is a theory about solar flares causing earthquakes....if we have an earthquake next day or 2...might be a good indicator.

link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by amongus

Just that it might affect GPS or power grids.

It won't. This is a weak x class flare.

What everyone SHOULD be worried about is the earthquakes that may accompany this.

link   

edit on 7-3-2012 by amongus because: Doub post

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

3-day Solar-Geophysical Forecast issued Mar 07 22:00 UTC Solar Activity Forecast: Solar activity is expected to be moderate to high. M-class level activity is expected to continue and there continues to be a good chance for an additional major flare and/or proton producing event from Region 1429. In addition, the growth trend in 1430 suggests that it may also contribute to the M-flare activity during the next three days. Geophysical Activity Forecast: The geomagnetic field is expected to be active initially on day 1 (08 March) but is expected to increase to major storm levels with a likelihood for isolated severe storm levels after the arrival of the CME from today's X5/full halo event. The arrival time is estimated to be sometime between 0600-1000Z. Minor to major storm levels are expected to continue partway (6-12 hours) into the second day (09 March), but a decline to predominantly active levels is expected for the remainder of the day. Predominantly unsettled levels are expected for the third day (10 March). The greater than 10 MeV proton event is expected to continue through the first day and is also likely to continue partway through the second day. The greater than 100 Mev proton event is expected to slowly decline over the next 24 hours.

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Ya, I believe that solar flares cause Geo-activity. Let's see if we get a quake soon.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I am just going by what NASA and NOAA have reported.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

WE may only 1 hour left on ATS!!!

Update:
UPDATE 03/07/12 2:30pm EST

UPDATE 03/07/12 2:30pm EST NASA models using data from the Solar Terrestrial Relations Observatory (STEREO) and the Solar Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO) have now provided more information about the two CMEs associated with the two March 6 flares. The first is traveling faster than 1300 miles per second; the second more than 1100 miles per second. NASA's models predict that the CMEs will impact both Earth and Mars, as well as pass by several NASA spacecraft – Messenger, Spitzer, and STEREO-B. The models also predict that the leading edge of the first CME will reach Earth at about 1:25 AM EST on the morning of March 8 (plus or minus 7 hours). Such a CME could result in a severe geomagnetic storm, causing aurora at low latitudes, with possible disruption to high frequency radio communication, global positioning systems (GPS), and power grids.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

reply to post by amongus

I am just going by what NASA and NOAA have reported.

I'm with ya man. Not against ya. I know what NASA and NOAA say about it, but I look at past history. This is nothing. Their reports are like the warning labels on prescriptions....they have to cover their asses.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Ya i read that article. It was good. I wonder what could happen in the coming weeks/months.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
According to Cometwatch.com, will hit South america to Africa and mid East (plus/minus 7 hours).

www.youtube.com.../u/0/Xzuf1yy1SKo

Correction mrcometwatch.com
edit on 8-3-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Dang you, I didn't think about hoarding the Excedrin.

Hmm, I laid down for about an hour seems to have subsided a bit, but now I'm restless and can't sleep.

Maybe because of the action of driving to Mc Donalds, Bojangles and the Hospital tonight. lol

Headache is only mild now.
edit on 8-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Yay sunspot region 1429 is STILL growing with beta gamma with delta configuration. my guess is this things not finished yet. shes burped out 5 flares slowly increasing severity.... this is the best site i have found to keep tabs on the sunspots solarham.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I try to keep a bottle handy everywhere, even in the car!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

It's been an hour we're still here, stop the fear mongering.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
WHOA!!!!!!

That video looked like the Sun was just about to rip itself into two halves. Awesome find.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Dang...my first fearmonger is a dud!!

If i lose internet, I might have to go to bed...that would suck!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by wrksstudios

DID NOBODY NOTICE THE UFO THAT JUST CASUALLY FLIES UNDER THE SUN RIGHT BEFORE THE BIG FLARE?!?!?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by taguon

No, do a print screen. Give me the video to the link. If it's the one I'm thinking your talking about it just goes casually in a straight line across while the cme flares up.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Went back and looked....swamp gas, lens flare or

did the flare knock out their cloaking device?

edit on 8-3-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join