It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N3KL.org Sun Blast hitting satellites now!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Looks really angry like that planet thingy in the 5TH Element!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Lucky you can get rid of your migraines with over the counter meds. I have to take gabapentin, and it knocks me out for twelve ours or more, and I wake up with a headache like my scalp is trying to tear itself off of my head. I can get rid of that with a couple of tylenol, though so it's not that bad.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
WE may only 1 hour left on ATS!!!

Update:
UPDATE 03/07/12 2:30pm EST

UPDATE 03/07/12 2:30pm EST NASA models using data from the Solar Terrestrial Relations Observatory (STEREO) and the Solar Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO) have now provided more information about the two CMEs associated with the two March 6 flares. The first is traveling faster than 1300 miles per second; the second more than 1100 miles per second. NASA's models predict that the CMEs will impact both Earth and Mars, as well as pass by several NASA spacecraft – Messenger, Spitzer, and STEREO-B. The models also predict that the leading edge of the first CME will reach Earth at about 1:25 AM EST on the morning of March 8 (plus or minus 7 hours). Such a CME could result in a severe geomagnetic storm, causing aurora at low latitudes, with possible disruption to high frequency radio communication, global positioning systems (GPS), and power grids.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

My daughter's are like that, I have had a few which I have Maxalt for....try to vaoid it.

Spend some nights in the ER with daughter.

I never heard of what you are taking.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I see others are having migranes as well. I have been documenting my migranes since 2007, and just recently heard someone talk about the correlation between solar flares and migranes, so I went through my notebook and compared my migrane dates to solar flares and what do you know, Over 75% of them (and the worst ones as well) happened when solar flares were impacting the earth. The worst ones have been during the strongest flares as well. I know it isn't proof, but it has me thinking their may be something to it.

Also what works best for me is excedrin plus 2 benydryl. For me it is a miracle, along with things we can't talk about here.
edit on 7/3/12 by usmc0311 because: added content.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I am not glad we are all having them, but I am glad I am not alone.

Just hate it when I think I am crazy.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
When the KP index rises we will know that the storm from the x5 has hit us. Earlier we had a higher KP index cause of the prior x flare. Here a link to the KP index chart. It automatically updates every 5 minutes.

3-Day KP Index

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

My body is ready.

Or something. It would be nice to see something spectacular.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Ya, I'll be waiting up. Just in cause somewhere loses power or something. It would be interesting. But I doubt anything will happen.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
just for the record i have notice my daughter,sister,and i get the head aches and nausea as well when flares. probly coinsidence i dont know ,but it hapens,my wife and brother get them when its going to rain,and thats a prooven fact.thats all i had to contribute,hope it helps,gn going to put my head were it belongs now,in bed.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Check this out. You can see the blast hit the optics. Let it loop a few times.

Link

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
WE may only 1 hour left on ATS!!!

Update:
UPDATE 03/07/12 2:30pm EST

UPDATE 03/07/12 2:30pm EST NASA models using data from the Solar Terrestrial Relations Observatory (STEREO) and the Solar Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO) have now provided more information about the two CMEs associated with the two March 6 flares. The first is traveling faster than 1300 miles per second; the second more than 1100 miles per second. NASA's models predict that the CMEs will impact both Earth and Mars, as well as pass by several NASA spacecraft – Messenger, Spitzer, and STEREO-B. The models also predict that the leading edge of the first CME will reach Earth at about 1:25 AM EST on the morning of March 8 (plus or minus 7 hours). Such a CME could result in a severe geomagnetic storm, causing aurora at low latitudes, with possible disruption to high frequency radio communication, global positioning systems (GPS), and power grids.

www.nasa.gov...

Holy crap, I am going to wake up in a few hours to see the show. Maybe my power will go out, and wake me up. What an event.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrksstudios
Check this out. You can see the blast hit the optics. Let it loop a few times.

Link

That is nuts, and very scary, it's coming!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
you guys wont like tomorrow then

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
What part of the earth should it be hitting? I live in Jacksonville, fl probably wont see any lights but will post pics if i do

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Nothing is coming, well the cme is, but nothing to panic about......you won't notice any difference in your lives tomorrow.

link   
Ya i was just thinking about what side its going to impact. I would assume the parts in sunlight would prop be hit the hardest. Going N to S. But I guess we will just see what happens in a few hours.

link   
1:25 est supposed to hit.

Not sure where?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Just that it might affect GPS or power grids.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Ya, I don't think this flare was big enough to do anything 2 crazy. But we haven't figured out everything about these events so i guess it could be possible to be worse than we think, or better.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join