It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth's Shield Struggling With Huge Sunspot Radiation

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
when there weren't massive solar flares.

lol

Makes sense.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by chanel

wow, HATE TO see what you do when we get hit with the x22 flare in 10 days jeeszzz!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
is we dead?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
i Remember something that happened to me back in 89. I was talking to a friend on the phone almost 340 miles away then lights went out "oh Shhht man power went out" i said...and 3-4 seconds later, at the other end of the line he went "oh fck me too".

I knew it was serious. it was awsome..then we were cut off.
It lasted 9 hours...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by Atzil321

There is real evidence that the electrical grid could lose power temporarily though. Being prepared for a short term power outage is necessary. I'm by no means saying that everyone needs a years food stocked up but keeping a months food pantry is advisable for everyone. There will be some foods available, but make sure you have a supply of coffee. Without coffee and an alternative brewing system I would go insane in a short time.

Texas, Canada and Finland have upgraded their power transformers.

Go there for a safe haven and peace of mind.

I'm in Canada, I hope your right...not worried about this X5 flare but should an event like the Carrington Event happen I hope Bob and Doug McKenzie didn't install our power generators.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This would be utter disaster if the flare did a lot of damage. We could be knocked back into the stone age and billions of people would die.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by chanel

Is anyone else totally terrified right now? S is HTF, right now. Go to the store, while you still can and stock up on bottled water and canned goods.

Aight man you need to CHILL OUT! Before you scare people, there is no need for panic just sit back and chill.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic
This would be utter disaster if the flare did a lot of damage. We could be knocked back into the stone age and billions of people would die.

It WAS AN X5.....it was NEVER going to do any damage!!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by chanel

Is anyone else totally terrified right now? S is HTF, right now. Go to the store, while you still can and stock up on bottled water and canned goods.

Aight man you need to CHILL OUT! Before you scare people, there is no need for panic just sit back and chill.

He posted this about 15 hours ago before it hit........welcome to the party, although late.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
reply to post by chanel

Are you ready?

I am ready

edit on 8-3-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

Words cannot describe how much I miss those commercials.... lol

Stay protected my friends..

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chefspicy
reply to post by chanel

wow, HATE TO see what you do when we get hit with the x22 flare in 10 days jeeszzz!

WTF ARE YOU TALKIN BOUT?

Seriously. Are you joking?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by chanel

Hello ALL! I've been hunkered down in my bat cave. Just kidding.

I haven't read through all of the replies to this thread but thank you to the friends who spoke to me as friends should.

We're all on the same page here...literally, this is Above Top Secret, and I feel that as members of this community we should support each other in times like these.

I may have panicked a little too soon, but it is better to be prepared then to be in need.

Take care, all. Peace be with you.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by robhines

Originally posted by LastProphet527

The person that wrote the bible and gave you this entire planet wrote a warning, and the warning was.

'Do not eat from the tree of knowledge'

Do not trust the serpent/alien/reptilians alien in the Garden of Eden telling you to eat/learn from
'un-man-made-knowledge'.

The &^%^$& that built the ark/spaceship hid your species on this planet for a reason, and 1 out of three historic reasons was ........They didn’t want you to create computers or chips again because it needs so much resources for it to succeed. chips...'apple/fruit...computers.

The matrix design of going in the direction of computers is what dried the other planets and destroyed the ozone layer that protected once of several homes that your species once lived on.

The only thing that separates this planet from all other planets is a strong ozone layer and now…that will be gone soon.

Your scientists have already built another ark that you call a space station, the same ark…because of the same mistakes made repeatedly.

I wonder when NASA WILL EXPLAIN to the world about the space stations capability of actually flying away…I wonder when they will publicize the new rockets they have that will take them light years away and leave you all here on earth when the…‘EXTRA SHTF’

Can I have sources for all that please?

Or are you too busy flying over the cuckoo's nest?
edit on 8-3-2012 by robhines because: added

This ALL made me pee a little while laughing, thank you. I'm glad that "we" (as in Earth) still has power.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by chanel

Just remember... In the future...

"Dont Panic! ...and bring your towel"

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I was standing outside waiting with my stick and marshmallows. I guess I'm out of luck.
I guess I'll have to wait for the next flare.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by chanel

At the moment I post, 16:00 hours or 4pm in the US Central time zone, nothing dramatic has happened. Even my non-hardened satellite phone works fine, a little static but nothing at all nasty. That actually surprised me. I expected the cheap as these things go commercial satellite that is the signal bouncer would possibly have problems. None, or not that was out-of-the ordinary.

I am hoping we don't have cloud cover over my location in Minnesota tonight, were not supposed to but the full moon will "bleach out"the northern lights for us, (or "southern lights" for my friends down in Australia) anyway. I also heard on NPR and Minnesota Public Radio that they may be "blacked out" for a while. They actually were but for seconds, a I was listening in the car, hey no big deal.
edit on 8/3/12 by arbiture because: correct spelling, what else?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by chanel

We're all on the same page here...literally, this is Above Top Secret, and I feel that as members of this community we should support each other in times like these.

Thats what Chicken Little has always said after he stirs everyone up. "I was just kidding, let's stick together."
Did you feed your squirrel?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
IS EVERYONE STILL ALIVE?

I am at least

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join