It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth's Shield Struggling With Huge Sunspot Radiation

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker
reply to post by amongus

Squirrels and coffee.....

shoulda known....

The visual puts me on the floor..

OP
I'm all for people having a fair go at doom and every once in awhile. Chicken lil is spot on. But I think we'll be ok if we survive the quake.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Nothing is going to happen
Stronger flares hit the Earth a few years back and we are fine

Hey leave the wired squirrel alone...

Giant Breach in Earth's Magnetic Field Discovered
science.nasa.gov...

Hey Squirrel try decaf and add sunblock to your list... LOTS of it

edit on 8-3-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
they said its the worst in 5 years..... 5 years ago what happen? Notta... Ill be sure to stock up on tequilla steak and bullets anyways.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by chanel

Are you ready?

I am ready

edit on 8-3-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thanks for this link.. It explains a lot of stuff I wondered about. And re-inforces the belief of the OP that something BIG is going to happen..
I wonder if all the disappearing bankers have headed to the bunkers? And if this is why the US President has shifted the G20 summit to Camp David???

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

The person that wrote the bible and gave you this entire planet wrote a warning, and the warning was.

'Do not eat from the tree of knowledge'

Do not trust the serpent/alien/reptilians alien in the Garden of Eden telling you to eat/learn from
'un-man-made-knowledge'.

The &^%^$& that built the ark/spaceship hid your species on this planet for a reason, and 1 out of three historic reasons was ........They didn’t want you to create computers or chips again because it needs so much resources for it to succeed. chips...'apple/fruit...computers.

The matrix design of going in the direction of computers is what dried the other planets and destroyed the ozone layer that protected once of several homes that your species once lived on.

The only thing that separates this planet from all other planets is a strong ozone layer and now…that will be gone soon.

Your scientists have already built another ark that you call a space station, the same ark…because of the same mistakes made repeatedly.

I wonder when NASA WILL EXPLAIN to the world about the space stations capability of actually flying away…I wonder when they will publicize the new rockets they have that will take them light years away and leave you all here on earth when the…‘EXTRA SHTF’

Can I have sources for all that please?

Or are you too busy flying over the cuckoo's nest?
edit on 8-3-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Like I need an excuse to stock up on peanut butter..
All this doom is sure to make me fat.
edit on 8-3-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Reply to post by chanel

Sorry your "terrified" about this right now. But please understand your terror is a product of your ignorance, and has nothing to do with reality.

I shudder to think of the things in this world that must freak you out based on this post.

Please, after you wake up tomorrow and understand the world didn't end, use google and spend 10 minutes to protect yourself from such utter nonsense as this "event".

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by chanel
www.silobreaker.com...

"

Is anyone else totally terrified right now? S is HTF, right now.

Go to the store, while you still can and stock up on bottled water and canned goods.

Buy (or quickly learn to make) some dried fruits, nuts, peanut butter, bisquick mix (gotsta have pancakes), canned fruits and vegetables, and FRUIT ROLL UPS!

Fruit Roll ups are light weight and will give you a satisfying sugar high.

Don't forget to buy enough bottled water to last for at least a month or so. For a couple that would be like 60 or more bottles.

Stock up on matches!

Go to the nearest grocery store right now, if you haven't already, and pick up the things that you're going to need to survive with, if and when we all lose power.

Take Care my ATS friends.

I'm panicking deep inside, but I'm glad that I know what's coming...

Are you ready?

modernsurvivalblog.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 7-3-2012 by chanel because: (no reason given)

Errr...Notsureifserious.jpg

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by chanel

There is no evidence at all to suggest solar activity has ever caused a catastrophic event on this planet. Even a super flare like the carrington event is unlikely to cause as much chaos as some people like to predict. So do yourself a favor and stop panicking over nothing.... Our sun is a stable life giving star, not some unstable destroyer prone to causing extinctions. There has been a healthy biosphere on this planet for around 4 billion years, a fact some of you need to remember when starting all this hysteria about the 'killer sun'.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by chanel

You sound like you are management of the Walmart Corporation or another large chain. If not, you are starting to lose your hold on "Peace of Mind" logic. Don't fret but still maintain awareness and preparedness.

If the power goes out there are usually big elevated water tanks in most communities that can retain water pressure and water for a while. Have some containers available that can be filled and you can also fill your tub with water to flush the toilet with. I hate loosing the toilet when the power goes out, we have a well and pump so it happens sometimes here. It seems that as soon as the power goes out everyone has to use the can. Get a rain bucket and put it under the gutters outside to catch water. An overflow on the barrel will get rid of the excess. Make sure that it has a screen over it, you don't want a cat or mouse floating in it and stinking up the yard. Use this rain water for watering your flowers and gardens and that will keep your water bill down

Keep your cool about things all the time. Our Power companies are aware of these flares and should be taking action to keep longterm power outages from happening. They will temporarily shut down the grid for a time till the threat passes. Keep an alarm clock that has a battery backup or a battery powered alarm at your disposal. Watch the news before going to bed and use it in these times along with your regular alarm. Chances are that the power will only be down for a half hour the most, but it's enough to make you oversleep and be late for work or school.

Be Prepared and keep calm. All this prep knowledge is common sense self sufficiency training. I can't even get exited about being prepared for things anymore, it's everyday living in our house now. It's actually a really good hobby, a cheap hobby.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

There is real evidence that the electrical grid could lose power temporarily though. Being prepared for a short term power outage is necessary. I'm by no means saying that everyone needs a years food stocked up but keeping a months food pantry is advisable for everyone. There will be some foods available, but make sure you have a supply of coffee. Without coffee and an alternative brewing system I would go insane in a short time.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
reply to post by chanel

Jeez buddy. Calm down. It's only an x5.

Read the other threads on it, and breathe.

Is doesn't help when the MSM spreads fear across the nation with news stories

that scream headlines: MASSIVE solar flare set to slam into the Earth!!!!!!!

OMG!! Run for your lives!

------
What? It's an X5? Oh, well why didn't they say that? Hmmm.....

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by Atzil321

There is real evidence that the electrical grid could lose power temporarily though. Being prepared for a short term power outage is necessary. I'm by no means saying that everyone needs a years food stocked up but keeping a months food pantry is advisable for everyone. There will be some foods available, but make sure you have a supply of coffee. Without coffee and an alternative brewing system I would go insane in a short time.

Texas, Canada and Finland have upgraded their power transformers.

Go there for a safe haven and peace of mind.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

They have coffee trees in Finland, I'll feel happy and secure there.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by chanel

No i am not terrified, as this is a entirely normal event for a solar maximum and is NOTHING compared to what we experienced during last few solar cycles. How come you weren't terrified then?
If this affects you so much i suggest you stop reading about it, as this is something that will continue to happen throughout the cycle, just like nearly every other cycle before it.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
You need more than 60 bottles of water for two people for a month...

One person needs 2 liters a day that is 60-62 liters of water a month or
127 bottles of water going by the 16.5 fluid ounce bottles...

So that would be 254 bottles for a couple...

Sorry i was kinda alarmed that you wouldnt have enough water :p

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by chanel

Is this a serious post or are you being sarcastic. I'm honestly trying to figure this out. Please clarify when you get a moment as to which.

Thank you

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I just found something weird.

Why are they upgrading at a time like this?

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

I wanted to checkout the southern hemisphere.

Seems strange if you ask me.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks

When would be a better time to upgrade?
You can get an auroral forecast here:
helios.swpc.noaa.gov...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join